Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Arrival

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 3 - Arrival

Chapter 3 - Arrival
A few days later, Zach boarded a flight for Kanto. “Ugh,” Rek scowled, “I hate airplanes. Wings are so much better. Hm? Hello? Zach? You just gonna ignore me?”

“Man, flying tanks. There’s always so many people,” Zach said, laying back in his chair.

“Oh yeah, guess you can’t talk here since none of these people can see or hear me. Well, we better be able to talk later, I hate being ignored.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Thanks,” Zach said to the hotel’s clerk. “Room 127…” he read to himself. As he and Rek walked into his hotel room, Zach gave a slight nod to signal Rek.

“Fine,” the Shinigami grunted, and reluctantly began to search the room. Able to phase through solid objects, it didn’t take long for him to finish. “You’re clear. No wire taps or cameras.”

“I didn’t really expect there to be,” Zach explained, “After all, they have no reason to. Guess I’m just a little paranoid. Anyway…” his voice trailed off as he walked to the window, looking outside to the street below. For several moments, the room remained silent. Then:

“The human whose name is written in this note shall die. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the persons face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected. If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen. If the cause of death is not specified the person will simply die of a heart attack. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds. Those are the basic rules, right?

“Yeah.”

“So it’s almost certain that Kira is using another Shinigami’s Death Note.”

“Probably.”

“If that true…” Zach paused in thought. “Then he most likely learns his victims’ names and faces from the news, or else the internet. Hm…Yes, that has to be it.”

“Sounds reasonable. Unless he’s made the eye deal.”

Zach whipped around, glaring at Rek. “What eye deal??”

“Uh..” Rek paused, taken aback by Zach’s sudden change in behavior. “Yeah…any human who owns a Death Note can make a deal with the Shinigami it belongs to. Since I picked Sorin’s up first, that makes that one mine too, technically. Anyway, if the human forfeits one half of his remaining lifespan, he’ll get the Shinigami eyes.”

Zach expression remained stern. “And why would someone want these eyes so badly? What’s so special about ‘em?”

“The Shinigami eyes…” Rek let a grin spread across his skeletal face. “Allow humans to see other humans life spans and names just by looking at them. Even at a picture of the person.”

“Darn it, Rek. Why’d you wait so long to bring this up? Well, you can count me out. I’m not risking half my life.”

“Fine. If I really needed to I could just kill someone and take the rest of their lifespan.”

“Anyway…” Zach mumbled as he resumed his train of thought, “At the very least Kira probably gets the faces of criminals from TV. But I’m almost positive Kira doesn’t have the eyes.”

“Oh? Why’s that?”

“Well first off, most of his victims were well-known criminals, so it would be easy to find their names. Of course that doesn’t really prove anything in-and-of itself. However…even to people who don’t know of the notebooks’ existence…it’ll still become pretty obvious that Kira needs a name and a face sooner or later. You would think he’d kill at least a few people he couldn’t know the names of to clear himself if he ever came under suspicion. As clever as this guy seems to be…no, no I can’t believe Kira would make the eye deal and not use it,” Zach concluded.

Wow,” Rek thought, “this guy’s smarter than I gave him credit for.

“So now,” Zach continued, “I need to find a way to reveal Kira’s identity.” He stared blankly into space, apparently oblivious to everything around him. He was determined to find Kira.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YumeXItachi on October 18, 2008, 7:56:34 AM

YumeXItachi on
YumeXItachiWoo!
Sweet Chapter Man!
It's Really Getting Good So Far!
=D

KelekiahGaladrian on August 27, 2008, 9:07:54 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianI can imagine how... problematic things could get for Light in this story, and probably will too. I love it! Suspense is totally awesome and definitely keeps me going, even if it's only small and just starting out. Awesomeness! I hope I get an alert for the next time you upload a chapter. If not, you might have to let me know 'cause FAC can suck really bad sometimes.... Anyway, great story. I love how it's going so far. ^^

Blackwolfmoon on August 26, 2008, 9:54:38 PM

Blackwolfmoon on
Blackwolfmoonsweet chapter! x3 i love this story so far!

YoriXYamiForever on August 26, 2008, 1:48:24 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverGO ZACH! lol, I like characters without the eye deal, it makes it much more challenging ^^

Also I wonder how Light would react to being found . . . . he didn't take it very well with Misa until he realized she wanted to serve him and had a Shinigami on her side that would kill him if he killed her lol

Can't wait for the next chapter!