Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Discovery

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 5 - Discovery

Chapter 5 - Discovery
“So…” Zach noted, “even though a heart attack will serve as a default death…it can still be written as the cause of death. If this is done, details of the death can be added.”

“Details? What kind of details?” Rek asked, for once seeming genuinely interested.

“Only writing the cause…decides the who and the how…so that leaves the where, what, and when.”

“Huh? What the hell are you talking about?”

“If I write ‘heart attack’ as the cause of death, based off my experiments, I can control what that person does before they die, and even when they die. Of course, I assume the time I put has to be before their pre-determined death-day. At any rate, I suspect that Kira has figured this out as well.”

Well what d’you know? I didn’t know any of that,” Rek thought, slightly impressed.

“This means…that the original Kira and the current Kira may very well be the same person after all. If he discovered this ability to control the time of death, he probably would have used it to his advantage. However…” Zach bit his lip, somewhat frustrated. “The change in times was too sudden, it would stick out to anyone following the case closely. And if the notebook never exchanged owners,” he said with a wide grin, “that must mean…” He stopped talking; he seemed to want to confirm his thoughts before sharing them.

“Well?! What’s it mean?” Rek spat, growing more impatient.

Zach continued, seeming to be on a different train of thought, “If he found out the police suspected him, normally he would have realized that they had done so for a while. He would have made the transition between killing patterns more subtle, over a longer period of time.”

“So then why would he do it so abruptly?”

“Wouldn’t it be interesting, Rek…if Kira changed his pattern immediately after he fell under suspicion? If he knew for a fact that they had just begun to suspect him, he very well may have tried to throw them off with a sudden change, just as he did…But if he knew what the police were thinking as soon as they started thinking it, that means…” he bit his lip again, collecting his thoughts. “It means Kira has access to police information. Therefore, I have to think Kira has some kind of tie to the police, most likely an officer or family member. Since it seems that Kira must be a student, I doubt he’s a police officer.” Zach opened his computer and began typing.

“What’re you looking up now?” Rek, who was beginning to lose interest now that Zach had revealed his revelation, asked.

“This,” Zach answered, turning the computer around so Rek could see it, “Of all the officers on the Japanese police force, only these 9 have children around my age. Assuming that Kira is in fact in that age group, he must be one of these 11 children. I cross referenced each of their names, and one came up repeatedly. Number one on Japan’s nation-wide exam 4 years in a row. 2002 and 2003 junior high tennis champion. And just yesterday, a perfect score on To-Oh University’s entrance exam. He’s the only one of them clever enough to be Kira.” Zach stood up with a look of mixed determination and satisfaction. “Light Yagami…it’s time we meet.”

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YumeXItachi on October 18, 2008, 8:07:34 AM

YumeXItachi on
YumeXItachiHm.....
HM.......
Sweet Man :]

YoriXYamiForever on September 1, 2008, 10:40:46 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverNICE! Go Zach ^^ I can't wait to see them meet!

hehe Poor Rek, he doesn't seem to think about the Death Note too much

KelekiahGaladrian on August 31, 2008, 11:52:10 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianWow. Zach is definitely smarter in this chapter than he was in the last chapter. He'll definitely be a handful for both Kira and L.

So Zach wants to meet Light. That'll definitely be an interesting scene....

Hehe, Rek doesn't seem to be very smart and up-to-date. That's funny. Hehe.

Awesome job JT-kun! ^^

WaterLilly on August 30, 2008, 2:55:15 PM

WaterLilly on
WaterLillyZach is smart, he figured something out about the death note the death god didn't know..impresive..

anyways.. can't wait for the next chapter!