Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Meeting

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 6 - Meeting

Chapter 6 - Meeting
A week later, Zach found himself walking down the street, headed toward the Yagami household.

“I gotta say, Zach, when we met I figured you were just another human. But you aced that test without even trying. And all just so you have an excuse to talk to this Light guy?” Rek asked.

“Yeah. I can’t say I was expecting a perfect score, but that just makes it easier. I have something in common with him now, so I’ll have that much better of a reason to talk with him.”

“So just how sure are you that this guy’s Kira anyway? ‘Cause if he’s not, you could get arrested for accusing him,” Rek said as he followed Zach down the street.

“Aw, Rek, I didn’t know you cared so much,” Zach answered mockingly.

“Trust me, it’s the exact opposite; if you go to jail, I’m gonna have to kill you. No way am I waiting around for you to die in some boring little room.”

“Fair enough,” Zach responded with a yawn. He had gotten used to Rek’s indifferent attitude. “But do me a favor, wait at least 3 days after I get put in…” He stopped mid-sentence, looking back and forth between the piece of paper in his hand and the house in front of him. “This is it,” he said, all humor now gone from his tone, “Well, Rek, ready to meet Kira?”

“Whatever.”

They moved toward the front door. Zach could feel his heartbeat speeding up with each passing second. Every step toward the door seemed to take an eternity. Finally, he reached the door. For a moment, or perhaps several minutes, he couldn’t tell, his entire body became immovable. Then, just when he thought he wouldn’t be able to do it, he reached his arm up and knocked on the door. After a few seconds, the door cracked open. Zach thought for a moment that his heart might burst from excitement. When the door opened all the way, he saw, not Light Yagami, but a girl, probably only a few years younger than he was.

“Can I help you?” she asked with a smile.

“Uh, yeah,” he responded; he had forgotten for a moment why he had come in the first place. “Yeah, I’m looking for the Yagami household, is this it?”

“Sure is,” she replied.

“Right, well um, I’m supposed to talk to Light Yagami. My name is Zane Waller. You see, I’m a late entry at To-Oh, and they wanted me to meet with one of the top freshmen. That other guy, Ryuga, was busy today. Anyway, is Light here?” he finished, laughing nervously.

“Oh, um…no, he’s not here right now,” she replied, her smile fading, “He’s at the hospital right now. Our father had a heart attack earlier today. But Light should be home soon, you can go wait in his room if you want.”

Zach nodded his head slightly. “Thank you,” he said, stepping inside.

“Up the stairs and to the left,” she said, her happy tone returning.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Light opened the door, walking inside. “Hey Sayu,” he said, “Dad’s doing much better, the doctors think it was just stress.”

“That’s good,” she answered with a sigh of relief, “Oh, by the way, there’s someone from your school waiting for you. He’s in your room.”

“Sayu, you idiot! If he finds the Death Note, he’ll be able to see Ryuk! Damn it!”

“Okay, thanks Sayu,” he answered, walking up the stairs. As soon as he was out of Sayu’s sight, he ran toward his room. When he reached it, he threw open the door. There, sitting in the chair, looking back at him, was Zach.

“Hello, Light.”

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on September 11, 2008, 1:26:15 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverHAHA! I love to see Light worried about the Death Note ^^

I love how you wrote Zach's emotions. That was awesome! And now I'm curious about the 3 day thing... hmmm.... Hehe, I can't wait to see Light's reaction to Zach! Update soon K? I LOVE THIS STORY!

DeathNoteSurvivor on September 11, 2008, 1:29:02 PM

DeathNoteSurvivor on
DeathNoteSurvivorblast! XD you caught it. ill go ahead and admit that that will come back into play later

YoriXYamiForever on September 11, 2008, 2:19:07 PM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverhehe, I knew it! :D

KelekiahGaladrian on September 11, 2008, 1:24:15 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianOoh. I love the ending. IT MAKES ME WANT MORE!!!

Rek's indifferent attitude. Hehehe. I love it!

I want to ace my tests. But for some reason, I can't seem to. It's really retarded.

I'm glad Zach found the right house. Light will probably be really ticked off next chapter because Zach's in his room. Probably wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was. He didn't sound too happy at the end of this chapter, that's for sure.

I'M SO PSYCHED!!! I TOTALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!! ^^