Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Conflict

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 7 - Conflict

Chapter 7 - Conflict
“ I’m supposed to talk to you about some stuff at school, I’m a late entry,” he said, “Is there somewhere we could go to talk?” Zach asked.

“Uh, yeah,” Light responded hesitantly, still unsure why this boy was really here, “There’s a place right down the street I like to go, come on, I’ll show you.”

After walking silently down the street, they reached their destination. Still quiet, they sat down at the table in the corner. They stared at each other for a few minutes, neither speaking to the other.

“Can we speak freely?” Zach asked finally.

“Of course we can,” Light answered with a hesitant smile. “What the hell is this guy doing? I would’ve been told if someone from school was supposed to talk with me…so what’s his real reason?...”

“Then I’ll get straight to it,” Zach said with a look of complete gravity, “I want to help.”

“Help with what?” he asked sincerely.

“Cut the crap, Light. I know the truth…I know that you’re Kira.”

“Wh-what?...How did this guy figure it out so quickly?...L himself just recently began to suspect me…and that’s with the use of classified police information…Is he trying to trick me into confessing, like Ryuga did? No…he seems too sure of himself…Who is this guy?”

“What makes you say that?” Light asked, still feigning innocence.

“For one, all of the evidence points to you. Two: your reaction just now tells me your nervous. And three…” Zach paused as a grin spread across his face. “I know for a fact that there’s a Shinigami standing right behind you.”

“So, he knows I’m here, huh?” Ryuk laughed madly. “Let’s see if Light figures out that this guy has a notebook too,” he thought, looking over at Rek.

“So do you have a piece of your notebook with you?” Zach continued, not changing his expression in the slightest. Light seemed to be struggling over what he should do next. Finally, he made a decision.

“Yes.”

“Good. So do I. For me too help, we’re going to need to exchange them.”

“So this guy has a notebook too! That’s how he knew about Ryuk, his Shinigami must have told him! Of course, Ryuk wouldn’t bother to tell me about this guy’s Shinigami.”

“Right,” Light agreed, taking a piece of paper from a compartment in his wallet and handing it to Zach, who touched the corner and handed it back. Zach then removed his own fragment of the Death Note from a hidden pocket in his sleeve, allowing Light to touch it. Both of them became silent again, taking in the moment as they sat, face to face, with each other’s Shinigami.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 1:20:00 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverAHHH! I get to read more!! ^_^ YES!!

Awesome chapter! I loved Light's reactions, it's not often I get to see him flounder hehehe And I can't help but like Zach even more the more I read. ^^

KelekiahGaladrian on October 28, 2008, 3:37:15 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianLight and Zach's conversation was funny. ^^ I thought I was going to die laughing. Light is so funny to listen to and Zach is so smart :P

Um... I have nothing else to say.... How depressing....

Great job! ^^