Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Partners

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 8 - Partners

Chapter 8 - Partners
“So,” Light said at last, breaking the silence, “Zane, was it?”

“I suppose I should go ahead and tell you that that is just an alias. Even though it’s clear that you haven’t made the eye deal, I’m sure you’d find out my real name sooner or later. My name is Zach Teeger.

“So why did you seek me out?” Light continued, “What is it you want?”

“I’ve already told you. I want to help. I want to help rid the world of evil.”

Light stared at Zach for a while, trying to decide whether or not to trust him. “Well…I don’t know about that, but…there might be a way we can work together, though we’ll have to make sure that the members of the Kira Task Force don’t find out about your involvement, in fact…” Light thought about his plan for a moment. “I think we’re going to have to find a way for L, or someone else on the Task Force, to introduce us. That should eliminate any ideas that we’ve already met.”

“Oh, yeah,” Zach answered, amazed at how quickly Light had assessed the situation and come up with a solution, “so…any ideas on how to do that?” Up until this point, Zach had felt his tactical abilities were sufficient, but now he seemed afraid of missing some important detail.

“Hm…I’ll have to think about it for a while…is there any way that I can contact you secretly?”

“I’ve already enrolled myself at To-Oh. We should be able to meet there without it seeming suspicious,” Zach replied. He glanced down at his watch. “We’ve already been gone for nearly an hour. You should go home; the longer we’re together the more likely it’ll be noticed.”

“Right,” Light said, and, without another word, the two walked out the door and parted ways.

“Hehehe,” Rek cackled as he and Zach walked back to the hotel, “So what’re you gonna do now that you finally met this guy? You’re not really gonna let him call all the shots, are you?”

“That’s exactly what I’m going to do, Rek. Light’s done very well so far, and I’m not going to be the reason Kira gets caught. No…no, I’m going to follow orders for the time being. At least until I get to know his movements better.”

“Great,” Rek said with a look of irritation, “I actually thought you getting the Death Note would be interesting. But now you’re telling me we’re not gonna do anything?!”

“Calm down, Rek,” Zach replied with a grin, “I didn’t say we weren’t going to do anything. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Light Yagami will not be the only God of this new world. I’ll be right there, ruling over the world, and passing divine judgment on those who have hurt others.”

“Heh, well I guess we’ll see about that. By the way, you never told me how you convinced your parents to even let you out here.”

“Huh?” Zach was taken aback by the sudden change of subject. “I told them exactly what happened, that I was going to be attending college here. Granted, I wasn’t sure if I’d get accepted, but my parents would believe me if I said I was.”

“’Cause you’re so trustworthy, right?” Rek asked with a laugh.

“Exactly,” Zach responded, “It might sound weird to you, but I was a different person before I got the Death Note. Don’t get me wrong; I wasn’t some perfect little boy. Far from it. But I can’t say that I ever did anything to make my parents distrust me. And I’ll admit, my mind’s always been my best quality,” he finished with a bit of a snicker.

“Listen to Mr. Modesty. So if you’ve always been so smart, how come you were spending all your time in your room when you first got the Death Note? You telling me with all that personality you didn’t have any friends?” Rek questioned mockingly.

“Right again, Rek. Maybe you should start being sarcastic all the time, it seems to result in an intelligent thought every now and then. No, I can’t say that I had many friends; in fact, I didn’t really have any at all. And to be honest, I never once wanted one. People…are boring,” he concluded.

“Well, I’ll give you this, then. You’re certainly not boring,” Rek said, grinning. They both stopped short; they had almost passed the hotel.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 1:26:22 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverMr. Modesty ^_^ That was awesome lol And I laughed so hard at the "being sarcastic seems to result in intelligence once in a while" thing!

Zach's going to kick back and let Light take the wheel for a while... hmm... this should be interesting!

ON TO READ MORE!!!

KelekiahGaladrian on October 28, 2008, 3:38:58 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianPartners!! Alright! Zach is good at that it seems, even if he doesn't want any friends. I agree to an extent. People can certainly be boring at times. I know I can be XP

Dangit, I found myself without something to say again. Rawr....

Well... great job!! ^^