Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Broadcast

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 9 - Broadcast

Chapter 9 - Broadcast
After reaching his room, Zach walked in and, as he had become accustomed to doing, checked to make sure the notebook had not been found or tampered with. He then put it back and turned on the TV. “What the?!...” An announcement was coming on Sakura TV, claiming to have a video tape submitted by Kira. “That’s…not possible…Light wouldn’t have done this…or if he had, he would have told me tonight…it can’t be…Rek, there’s not...another notebook, is there?”

Rek cackled in response, “As a matter of fact, there is. I’ll admit, it doesn’t happen often that so many notebooks arrive in the human world at the same time. In fact, this may very well be the first time. At any rate, those are the only three I know of: mine, Ryuk’s, and Rem’s. No idea who she gave hers to though.”

“Rem, huh?...so this could very well be a copycat Kira…in fact…it’s almost certain.” He paused as the announcement began. The screen went blank, and the single name “Kira” appeared. A voice, run through a scrambler, came on. He cleared his throat.

“I am Kira. If this video is being aired on April 18th, at exactly 5:59 pm, as I requested, then the time now is 5:59 47, 48, 49; please change the channel to Taiyo TV. The news anchor, Mr. Kazuhiko Hibima, will die of a heart attack at exactly six o’clock.”

“What the hell?!” Zach changed the channel, only to find that the second Kira’s prediction had come true. “This can’t be,” he said, “Light would have no reason to kill someone so insignificant. There’s another Kira.”

Zach’s attention returned to reality with a snap. “Ah! The broadcast!” He flipped the channel again, only to find that the transmission had ended. Instead, he saw that a large van had crashed through the front doors of Sakura TV. Three bodies lay on the ground, apparently dead. “That settles it!” Zach shouted, “There has to be a second Kira, and he has the Shinigami eyes!”

Rek snickered to himself. “Those notebooks just keep popping up, huh? Hehehe. So I guess now you gotta find this guy, huh?” he continued with a hint of a grimace. It was obvious Rek didn’t enjoy the first Kira search.

“No,” Zach responded, “This Kira is a joke. Pathetic.” He shut off the TV. “Although…” he added to himself, “he could seriously jeopardize the secret of the notebooks. We’ll have to watch out for that.”

A few days later, at To-Oh University, Zach found himself pacing around a public bench, waiting for Light to walk by. He had never been one to stand still for too long. Just as he was beginning to think Light would never come, he saw on the ground the shadow of a large winged creature. He looked up to see Ryuk, hovering only few feet behind Light. Unfortunately, Light was surrounded by other people, as was the usual case. Luckily, Zach didn’t need to worry about getting Light’s attention; Rek’s towering skeletal body stood out to anyone who could see him.

“Hey, I’ll catch you guys later, alright?” Light said, noticing Zach standing over to the side.

“Alright, later, Light,” came a collective response.

“You know we can’t be seen together too much,” Light said after everyone had left.

“Relax, Light,” Zach replied. He felt that Light’s paranoia about being caught was a bit too much at times. “We’re two of the three highest ranked freshmen; it’d look weird if we made a point of avoiding each other.” He finally sat down. “So…what’s the plan to deal with the Kira copycat?” Over the course of the past few days, a message supposedly from the real Kira had been aired, disclaiming the first video. Shortly after, the second Kira responded, claiming to be willing to follow the real Kira’s orders. This had resolved any doubts about the existence of a second Kira. “We’ve gotta stop him before he blows the entire secret of the Death Notes.”

“Her,” Light answered simply.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 1:31:40 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForever"Ah! The broadcast!" lol. Loved it as always ^^ The ending was my favorite part, that one word was perfect!

I can't wait for the next chapter! ^_^

Oh... and.... *evil gleam in eyes* DIE MISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathNoteSurvivor on November 2, 2008, 5:08:26 AM

DeathNoteSurvivor on
DeathNoteSurvivorso i gather that you and Kel are not Misa fans lol

YoriXYamiForever on November 2, 2008, 5:11:27 AM

YoriXYamiForever on
YoriXYamiForeverNot really, hehe ^^;

KelekiahGaladrian on October 28, 2008, 3:40:49 AM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianMISA!!!!! *attempts to throttle her*

Ravin: While my hikari is busy being her usual sadistic self, I will review this for her.... She loves the way you wrote it and how Light and Zach met at school and the ending. She says that's all she has to say and it's very depressing how little that is. She also says "Great job!" and she can't wait for more.

*still throttling Misa*