Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Memories

This is basically the same story (with a focus on the anime rather than the manga) as the real thing but with the focus on a character I added in.

Remember this focuses on my OC, you need to know the original story to fully understand this.

Chapter 11 - Memories

Chapter 11 - Memories
Light stood in a hotel room, surrounded by the other members of the Kira Task Force. A man was in the chair in front of him, sitting on top of his heels and watching a video from the second Kira.

“Well,” the man said, “take a look at this.” He played the tape from the beginning. The only image on the screen was the name Kira. A low, deep voice came on, run through a voice scrambler.

“I’ve decided to stop searching for Kira. And, I’d like to thank the police department for their advice. However, I still plan to help Kira in his mission, and I hope that, in time, he will come to see me as an ally. I will start by punishing criminals that Kira has yet to judge. Also, I will share my power with others who I feel are worthy, and I will encourage them to do the same. Together, we will make this world a better place.”

The man and Light discussed their thoughts on the tape for a few minutes. Then the man addressed the entire room. “The idea of their union is very threatening. However, this is one less reason to suspect that Light is Kira.”

“Ryuzaki, what do you mean by that?!” asked Light’s father, the chief of the Japanese police.
“If Light is Kira, I don’t think this is the message he would have had the second Kira send us, it doesn’t fit. He would have made the second Kira go through with his plan to have me appear on TV, then deny that they ever made contact, letting the second Kira shoulder the blame for my death. He’d make him say something like, hmm…” The man paused to lick some frosting off a donut. “Although I agreed not to go through with this, I have come to realize that it was not Kira’s true intention that I stop. I am positive that the real Kira would want L to die. There’s no way he’d make me…stop.”

“Ryuzaki,” Light started.

“Mm yes, Light?” L asked.

“I think you’re mistaken; I would never do that if I were Kira.”

“Why not?”

“Well,” Light continued, “if you’re L and I’m Kira, then I’d already know your personality pretty well. L would never agree to appear on TV, no matter what threat he was facing, and he wouldn’t allow someone else to die in his place. The L I know would find someone way to escape the situation.”

“So, you figured it out.”

“Look, Light,” Chief Yagami interjected, “you’ve got to stop that. I don’t like hearing you say ‘if I were Kira’, even hypothetically.”

“Oh, I’m sorry Dad,” Light replied innocently, “I just wanted to let Ryuzaki know exactly what I thought of his plan. I posed that scenario because I want to help solve this case. It’s the only chance have to clear my name. Besides, the only reason I feel comfortable saying things like that is because I’m not really Kira.”

“That’s a good point,” L spoke up, “You’re not Kira. That is, it would be a problem if you were Kira. Because,” he continued with a sigh, “I feel that you are the first friend that I have ever had.”



Meanwhile, back at his hotel room, Zach lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

“Lemme guess,” Rek scoffed, “coming up with more strategies on how to use the Death Note?”

Zach turned his head lazily toward Rek, glaring at him in annoyance. “No, Rek. As surprising as it might sound, I don’t spend every waking moment thinking about the Death Note.”

“Oh?” Rek responded, clearly throw aback. “What were you thinking about, then?”

“Nothing, Rek,” he said with a bit of a smile. “Nothing at all.”
He turned his head back toward the ceiling and closed his eyes. His memories slowly became more vivid, and soon took over the real world.

Zach was a much younger boy, sitting by a large tree. Another boy, even younger than Zach, sat beside him. Both were panting slightly, exhausted after a long day’s play.

“Here, have some,” Zach said as he offered the small boy part of his chocolate bar.

“What's it taste like? Roger never lets me have any,” he replied curiously.

“Just try it,” Zach answered, laughing.

The boy took the piece of chocolate from Zach and took a small bite. His face suddenly lit up.

“Yummy!” he exclaimed with a grin. As they began to eat, Zach continued talking.

“You know, Roger said that a new kid was coming today. He’s only three years old, but they said he’s really smart. Anyway, it looks like you’re gonna be the oldest of our little group soon,” he said, staring at his feet.

“C’mon Z, don’t say that,” the boy replied with a frown, “You don’t have to leave…”

“Don’t be that way,” he answered, trying to cheer the boy up. “You know I do; they found my real parents, I have to go with them.”

“But what if we never see each other again?”

“We will, I promise. And no matter what, we’re friends to the end, now and forever.”

A car horn honked in the distance. Zach looked up to see a man motioning for him to come.

“Well, looks like it’s time for me to leave. Bye...” he said and, seeing the sad look on the boy’s face, continued, “I promise, we’ll see each other again. Some day.”


Zach wiped a single tear from his face. “And somehow,” he said to himself thoughtfully, closing his eyes, “I’ve got a feeling that day is coming, Mello.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KelekiahGaladrian on August 20, 2009, 12:08:11 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrianGrr, I'm so angry with myself. This has taken me FOREVER to finally FIND. Gosh dangit. I need to keep better track of it ^^0

Okay, to start off, I love it. Especially the first friend comment from L. That was just adorable. I've always loved that line, yes yes, ALWAYS.

It's been ages since I last read this, so I don't remember EVERYTHING for sure, so I don't remember if you mentioned that Zach went to Wammy's beforehand, but that is AWESOME!!!!!!!! AND HE'S FRIENDS WITH MELLO!!! NYA!!!!!! I LOVE MELLO!!!!!!!!!! *squeezes Mello plushie* :3

I love it, I love it. I shall read the next chapter immediately, yes yes.