Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Where Am I?

Funny story! Sasuke gets amnesia and everyone takes advantage of it.

PLEEZ be nice and comment! This is only my second fanfic!:)

Chapter 1 - Where Am I?

Chapter 1 - Where Am I?
Sasuke woke up in a bed, but not his own. Where am I, he thought, looking around the unfamiliar room. He sat up, rubbing his aching head. He tried thinking back, but didn't remember how he got here. "What happened," he thought out loud. He sat there, dazed and confused, unsure of what to do.

Finally, he heard footsteps out in what he guessed was a hallway. The doorknob turned and a boy about his own age entered. He had spiky blonde hair, clear blue eyes, and was wearing an orange jumpsuit. Sasuke stared blankly at him. The boy looked suprised at first, but then his mouth twisted into a goofy smile.

"So, you're finally awake Sasuke!"

"What? How do you know my name?" Now Sasuke was really confused. Who was this kid?

The boy also looked confused for a moment, but then he laughed.

"Very funny Sasuke! It's funny, I never thought you had a sense of humor! Good one!"

Sasuke continued staring at the strange boy blankly. The boy was still smiling and didn't notice. He sat in the chair next to Sasuke's bed.

"Sakura's on her way. She'll be here soon. She just wanted to pick up flowers or something. Man you really got beaten up! You've been out cold for days. They'll let you outta here soon though. And just so you know Kakashi came into the fight and beat the guys that were attacking us at the last minute. He was late, as usual. We got the client back to his village safe and sound. Those ninja were pretty tough though, weren't they?"

"Huh? Who are Sakura and Kakashi? What client? What ninja? And more importantly, who are you and where am I?"

"Ok Sasuke, it was funny at first, but now it's just getting annoying. You can stop now."

"Stop what? I'm serious!"

Naruto rolled his eyes. "You're really overdoing it."

Sasuke was getting annoyed now. He was about to yell at the pest, when the door opened again.

A nurse entered the room, with a doctor. "Naruto," said the nurse, "Come with me. I have to talk to you about something and the doctor has to give Sasuke a check-up."

"Fine," said Naruto. He looked at Sasuke one last time as he got up and walked to the door. Sasuke looked back at him, still annoyed.

The nurse led Naruto to the waiting room. A girl with short pink hair was sitting in one of the chairs, hands on her lap holding a white rose.

"Hey Sakura!"

The girl looked up and waved. "Hi," she said. When Naruto sat down she asked, "How's Sasuke?"

"He looks ok to me. He's being his usual annoying self and pretending that he doesn't know me."

"He wasn't pretending," said the nurse.

"What?"

"You are both aware that Sasuke got hit on the head during your battle and suffered from a concussion, correct?"

"Yeah, so?"

"He also has a case of amnesia. You know, a blank memory."

"What," said Sakura, tears filling her eyes.

"What are you talking about?!" yelled Naruto. "Sasuke couldn't of lost his memory!"

"Well, he did," said the nurse.

"Can we see him?"asked Sakura.

"Yes," said the nurse,"But make it short."

She led them to his room. The doctor had left and Sasuke was lying down in bed, hands behind his head. He ignored the visitors and stared at the ceiling.

"Sasuke, you have visitors. Two old friends, do you remember them?" Asked the nurse using the kind voice she saved only for patients.

Sasuke didn't answer, but finally turned to look at them, sitting up. His expression didn't change, if anything it looked more annoyed than usual.

"Ok you two," said the nurse, turning to Sakura and Naruto, "I'll come and get you when visiting hours are over. Don't say anything too suprising to him, he's still a little unstable. And when I say it's time to leave, it's time to leave, understand?"

Sakura and Naruto nodded and the nurse left the room, closing the door behind her. They both walked over to Sasuke's bed and sat in the chairs beside it. Sasuke was still sitting up, one knee up and one arm resting on it, watching them both. There was an uncomfortable silence for a while, until Sasuke sighed.

"So," he said, "Who are you guys?"

He really doesn't remember us, thought Sakura sadly.

"I'm Sakura and this is Naruto. We're the other ninja on your squad and your friends."

"Probably the only ones you ever had," Naruto muttered under his breath. Sakura elbowed him hard in the ribs.

"Are you two always like that?" questioned Sasuke. He was beginning to get curious about these two "strangers".

"Usually," said Sakura shrugging, "Only because Naruto is so annoying. And rude."

"Why is that so easy to believe?" said Sasuke with a smirk.

"Oh yea?! Well guess what? I'm the best genin in our village and I'm gonna become Hokage one day! I'm a way better ninja then you'll ever be!"

"Oh really?" said Sasuke, lifting an eyebrow.

"Yeah," said Naruto, getting into it,"You worshiped the ground I walked on because you were afraid I'd hurt you. You acted like a beaten dog around me! You did anything I said as soon as I said it. Not only that, but I always had to rescue you on missions, because you were such a bad fighter. I was your idol! Believe it!"

"Now why is that so hard to believe?" said Sasuke with another smirk. "I may have lost my memory but I'm not stupid. I don't know how good of a fighter I really was, but I do know that I wasn't worse than you."

"Wait," said Sakura, "You know you lost your memory?"

"The doctor told me." answered Sasuke, turning to Sakura.

Naruto was fuming mad, and when Sasuke turned away from him he got even angrier.

"Hey!" he shouted "What makes you think this conversation is over?! And you shouldn't judge me yet!"

"Well Naruto," said Sakura, "You did lie. That was a very nasty thing to do, taking advantage of him like that."

Naruto folded his arms over his chest and turned his face away, turning his nose up. "Hmph."

Sasuke looked at Naruto, smirking once again. "My guess is that the two of us weren't exactly best friends."

"No, really?" said Naruto sarcastically.

Sasuke shrugged, then turned back to Sakura.

"What about you? Were you and I friends?"

Sakura blushed and looked away. "Not exactly..." she said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well..."

"She had a huge crush on yo-" Naruto started to blurt out loudly, but Sakura had both hands covering his mouth before he finished.

"Huh?" said Sasuke, confused.

Naruto's idea doesn't look so bad now, she thought.

"We were much more than friends." She said, pushing her hands down harder on Naruto as he yelled a sign of protest.

"Really?" asked Sasuke, lifting an eyebrow again.

"Mh-hm." She answered nodding her head.

"Um, Sakura, was it?"

"Yes, Sasuke?"

"I think you should let him go now." He pointed to Naruto, who was turning blue in the face from a lack of oxygen.

"Oh!"said Sakura. She dropped Naruto on the floor. He took several huge, deep breaths, clutching at his neck. He quickly got up and was about to yell something, when the door opened. The nurse walked in.

"Visiting hours are over. Time to go. And Miss. Haruno, I would like to talk with you."

Oh no, thought Sakura, Did she hear me?

Naruto smiled. Busted.

"Say goodbye to your friends Sasuke, its time for them to leave."said the nurse in her overly sweet, fake voice.

Sasuke shot her an annoyed glance. He didn't like her very much. Not only was she fake, but she treated him like he was a retarded 4 year old. Plus, she thought he was too stupid to even notice that she was rude to everyone else.

"Naruto,leave. Miss. Haruno, out into the hallway. Now."

"See ya, Sasuke."said Naruto walking out the door the nurse was holding open.

"Later." said Sasuke.

"Bye Sasuke!"said Sakura waving as she too walked out the door.

"Bye."

The nurse gave a fake smile. "I'll be back in a minute." She said walking out after Sakura.

"Great," said Sasuke sarcastically. He didn't care if she had heard him or not.

He layed back, putting his hands behind his head and staring at the ceiling again.

Were these people really my friends once, thought Sasuke.

He decided they didn't seem too bad, especially that Sakura girl.

Comments

Comments (13)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kwazi on April 7, 2008, 10:54:30 AM

Kwazi on
KwaziYay!
the story is good!

i love it!

KrazyPerson on September 12, 2007, 11:40:41 AM

KrazyPerson on
KrazyPersonThis is a very nice beginning. It's a whole lot better then most fan-fics I've read XD

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 1, 2007, 7:43:08 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Cool^^

uchihacrimson on February 12, 2007, 5:08:38 AM

uchihacrimson on
uchihacrimsonOMFG I LOVE IT SO FAR =D

Yukina-chun on January 2, 2007, 12:21:15 AM

Yukina-chun on
Yukina-chunLOL That was brilliant! 'specally Naruto who totally lied 'bout Sasuke being inferior to him XXXXD

Poor Sasuke though...he probably forgot his older bro Itachi too...

faves And I hope you make more!

Ila-Sweet on December 30, 2006, 1:05:28 PM

Ila-Sweet on
Ila-Sweetluv it

sflower250 on November 24, 2006, 12:49:48 AM

sflower250 on
sflower250sakura is doing exactly what naruto did, lol! the story was so CUUUTE!!!!

sylvermini on October 8, 2006, 3:19:27 PM

sylvermini on
sylverminicool! faves!

9127 on October 2, 2006, 12:47:30 PM

9127 on
9127OMG I LOVE THIS STORY ^-^