Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The "Guardian"

Funny story! Sasuke gets amnesia and everyone takes advantage of it.

PLEEZ be nice and comment! This is only my second fanfic!:)

Chapter 2 - The "Guardian"

Chapter 2 - The "Guardian"
For once Naruto was the first one at the bridge. He had purposly gotten there earlier than usual. All he could think about was what the nurse had said to Sakura. He thought the entire situation was unfair. The day before, after they had left Sasuke's room, Naruto had told Sakura that he would wait outside the hospital for her. He was sure the nurse was going to tell her off about lying to Sasuke like that and make her go back in and tell him the truth, but he wanted to hear it from her own mouth. He wanted to be there to comfort her when she became upset, something Sasuke would never do. But, he never got the chance. Sakura was everything but upset when she came out.

"Guess what Naruto!"she had said excitedly "I'm gonna be Sasuke's guardian!"

"WHAT?What's that mean?!"

"He's gonna stay in the guest bedroom at my house and I'm gonna go everywhere with him! I have to take him places that might jog his memory a little. Isn't that great?!"

"Oh yeah...great..."

Naruto angrily shook the memory out of his head. Sakura was going to bring Sasuke to the usual place they met Kakashi, thinkig it would help.

Nothing's gonna help that guy, thought Naruto, kicking a rock into the water.

He looked up. Sakura and Sasuke were walking towards him. Naruto slanted his eyes angrily at the sight. I think I'm gonna be sick, he thought.

Sasuke had both his hands deep in his pockets, and looked a little uncomfortable. Naruto could see why. Sakura had her arm hooked around his and was wearing a blissful smile on her face. She would occasionally look up at his face, still smiling. Sasuke looked relieved to see Naruto.

Unhooking himself from Sakura, who now looked disappointed, he waved and walked up to him.

"Hey," he said.

Naruto nodded his head in acknowledgement. As much as he hated Sasuke, he didn't want him to think he was uncool.

Sakura walked up behind Sasuke. "Hi Naruto."

"Hi Sakura."

They stood in silence for a while, standing on the bridge.

"So," said Sasuke,"Where's this Kakashi guy?"

Sakura smiled, glad to have something to talk about.

"He's always late like this."

"And when he finally does come, he gives us some lame excuse for why he's late." added Naruto.

"So," said a voice behind him, "You think my excuses are lame, Naruto?"

"Kakashi!"

"Sorry, I was late I..."

He trailed off, looking at Sasuke. "When did you get out of the hospital? You didn't sneak out again, did you?"

"No..." said Sasuke, unsure of what to say.

"Um, sensai?"

"What Sakura?"

"He doesn't remember you. He got amnesia when he hit his head on our last mission."

"Oh, really?" He looked at Sasuke again. "He does look a little confused, doesn't he?" He smirked under his mask. He had never seen Sasuke as defensless as he was now.

Sasuke returned his stare, looking him straight in the eye, with an annoyed expression on his face. I can see his attitude hasn't changed, thought Kakashi.

Naruto walked inbetween the two of them, facing Kakashi. "Hey," he said, "Do we have any missions or what?"

"Well," said Kakashi, "No."

"What!" yelled Naruto, "Then why'd you make us wait for you?!"

Kakashi shrugged. "Sakura told me to come here. She didn't say why."

They all turned to face her. "Oh," said Sakura, "I, um, just wanted to see if it would help Sasuke remember anything. Did it?"

Sasuke shook his head. "All I know is that this guy bugs me," he said, gesturing towards Kakashi with his thumb, "alot."

"Well," said their sensai, ignoring Sasuke's remark, "If that's all, I'm going. I'll tell you if any new missions come up. Bye."

And before they knew it, he disappeared.

Sakura groaned. "Oh great," she said, "I'm late."

"For what?" asked Naruto.

"My mom wanted me home. She needs a lot of help around the house."

Sakura looked at Naruto. "Hey Naruto... are you doing anything today? I could use some help."

Naruto immediatly brightened up. "Nope," he said, "Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all."

"Good, then you can take Sasuke around the village. Just bring him places that might help him with his memory."

"Wait..."

"Thanks Naruto! Bye Sasuke! See you later!" She walked away, waving.

Great, thought Naruto and Sasuke at the same time, I'm stuck with this loser all day.

They both stood there, staring at each other. Finally, Sasuke turned and started walking away.

"Hey!"said Naruto, following him "Where are you going? Sakura wants me to show you around the village."

"I know. Where do you think I'm going?"

"Oh."

--------

"A flower shop?"

Naruto nodded his head, smiling.

"Ok....Why?"

"This is a special flower shop. All Konoha ninja can choose what they want for free."

"Really?"

"Really. But, you see I already chose something today. I took a rose earlier to give to Sakura. But I don't have a vase. I was wondering if you would get that one in the window for me, since we can only get one thing a day." The lie came suprisingly easy to Naruto."And since you and Sakura are..you know...I thought it would be nice of you."

Sasuke shrugged. "Sure," he said. He walked into the flower shop.

Naruto laughed to himself. Any second now Ino will come and catch him, he thought, then it'll be all over.

But a second later, Sasuke walked out of the shop, holding the vase from the window display. He tossed it to Naruto. "Here," he said.

"What?"said Naruto, suprised.

Ino came out of the door, wearing an apron and holding a broom to sweep the outside of the shop. She looked in their direction and smiled, walking over to them. "Hi Sasuke," she said. Then she turned to Naruto and saw him holding the vase. Her face became angry and terrifying.

"Wait," said Naruto, "Its not what it looks like..."

"You have to pay for that!!!"

Naruto cowered and Ino began chasing him with the broom, hitting him over the head over and over again.

"You little theif!!!" she screamed, hitting him harder each time.

After a few minutes, Naruto was sitting on the ground with a black eye and clutching the huge bumps on his head.

"Hmph." said Ino, holding the vase and walking back into the shop.

Sasuke smirked, walking up behind Naruto. "Almost got me there." he said.

"Shut up!"shouted Naruto getting up and turning to him.

"Whatever," said Sasuke beginning to walk again, "Where next?"

Naruto followed him, grinding his teeth angrily. An idea popped into his head and he smiled maliciously. "I know..."he said slyly.

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 2, 2007, 5:23:22 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101what is he going to do.Naruto u meanie><

uchihacrimson on February 12, 2007, 5:17:03 AM

uchihacrimson on
uchihacrimsonOMFG it just KEEPS GETTING BETTER =3

Hachi10120 on January 19, 2007, 4:55:32 AM

Hachi10120 on
Hachi10120this is hilarious!! my friend Amber would TOTALLY take advantage of that!

Inuranda_Hanyou on January 16, 2007, 9:28:39 AM

Inuranda_Hanyou on
Inuranda_HanyouThis is awesome! I love it! *favs*

Yukina-chun on January 2, 2007, 12:28:24 AM

Yukina-chun on
Yukina-chunNaruto is a loser - for takin' advantage of Sasuke-kun!!

*goes to find out what happens next*

9127 on October 2, 2006, 12:54:16 PM

9127 on
9127Awesome!
lol Naruto got put in his place
Um... are there going to be pairings or is Naruto going to keep trying to take advantage of Sasuke? XD