Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - I Am A Rock

Severus Snape finds a Muggle CD that plays only one song...does it define him?

Chapter 1 - I Am A Rock

Chapter 1 - I Am A Rock
Severus Snape woke up at 6 a.m. every morning and today was no exception, even if it was the summer holidays. Spinners End was an uninspiring place, but it kept a roof over his head and most of the weather outside. He got up, pulled on a t-shirt and some jeans, he liked wearing Muggle clothes, but it would ruin his image to wear them at Hogwarts, so he wore them at home. He went to the kitchen and found two owls sitting on the table. One was from the Daily Prophet, but the other one looked unfamiliar. His heart lept up into his throat, news from her...could it possibly be after all these years? He payed the Daily Prophet owl and took the paper, he then untied the note attached to the other, they both flew away. With a trembling hand he looked at the note. He laid it back on the table, he needed some fresh air. Severus stepped out the door and looked out at the world. It promised to be another scorcher, and humid too, but for now it was calm and peacefull. As he looked around something shiny caught his eye and he went over to investigate. It was a round, silver disc, with a hole in the middle. He picked it up, it was blank on the non-shiny side. Severus was about to discard it when he remembered. She taught me what this was. She taught me how to use this...this...Compact Disc.

He took the disc and went back inside. The player still stood against the wall where she had left it. Severus dusted it off, took out his wand, and tapped the player and it surged with electricity. He placed the disc in and this is the song he heard.


A winters day
In a deep and dark december;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock,
I am an island.
Ive built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
Its laughter and its loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Dont talk of love,
But Ive heard the words before;
Its sleeping in my memory.
I wont disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries


As the song played its last notes, Severus hung his head. That described him to a tee. Yes, after she had left, he didn't want love or friendship. He played the song 12 times over, memerizing it. He still felt that way, she didn't have to leave. Who needed friendship, love, or her? Severus, with his usual scowl marched over to the kitchen table to have breakfast, and he noticed the note. The song still played in the background. he lifted it up, prepared to burn it, when curiosity took hold. He opened it.


"My dearest Severus, open the door. Love, your Andromeda."


The note burned before his eyes. Still grumbling, the song still playing, he opened the front door. There before his eyes, stood his beloved Andy. A rarely seen smile spread across his lips. She rushed into his arms and started to cry.

"I promise I am home for good. We have nearly gotten all of his forces down, they sent me home. I am so sorry for being gone so long, but I was needed in the resistance. You know it was too dangerous for you to be seen, besides Hogwarts needed a Headmaster." He pulled out of her grasp, the song had reached the stanza about love and he turned from her toward the player. Severus didn't know if he could forgive her, promises...promises she had never kept. BUt desperate times had called for depserate measures, they did need her, and he had waited all those years for her. He turned back around, spun her into the room and sat her on the couch. The song began again at the beginning, he went over to the player, took out the CD and smashed it against the wall.

"I need you," He said, "And no song will define me or us."


(I am a rock by Simon and garfunkle)

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

gaaralover1 on September 13, 2007, 10:37:50 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1Uh.. I dun normally like Severus but... GREAT STORY!!!

coppercoin876 on June 23, 2009, 2:55:28 PM

coppercoin876 on
coppercoin876thanks