Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Talent!

Miya! This a story of Amber's life. She's a ninja trying to make it in her world. She finally finds her mom and life is good! That is, until she has a run in with Orochimaru. No she has the curse mark and is trying to live with it.

Chapter 16 - Talent!

Chapter 16 - Talent!
"Hey Amber!"
"Huh? Oh. Hi Miharu."
"Whater you doing?"
"I'm drawing. Happy?"
"Whatcha drawing?"
"None of your business."
"Fine. Dont show me."
Miharu starts to walk away with a smirk on her face. I give.
"Fine! Here." I say as I show the drawing.
"That looks cool! Is that a guy?"
"Yes, okay? It's a country boy. I dont know why, I just like them."
"Is he wearing camo pants?"
"YES! I took some stuff from this song I like that's called 'Ladies Love Country Boys'. In my opinion, it's true."
"Well, the guy you drew IS cute."
"Can I finish my drawing now?"
"Fi-ine! Well, can I sit and watch you?"
"Sure. Just dont look over my shoulder literally. I hate that. And dont tug on the sketchbook."
"Okay! I'll sit beside you."
I finish the drawing.Miharu giggles.
"What?"
"Nothin. Why'd you pit that writing there?"
"That's a line from the song. 'You can raise em' like a lady, but it;ll still turn em on, to a pair of camoflauge britches and a southern boy drawl. Cause' ladies love country boys!' I couldnt remember any other line."
"It goes with the picture."
"Now can I be left in peace?" I say a little coldly.
"Fi-ine!!! I'm going! Yeesh, you shore did wake up on the wrong side of the bed." Miharu says as she walks away.
I sack myself in the head. I close my sketchbook and run after Miharu.
"Miharu! Miharu, I'm sorry. My dad was a little harsh this morning because he was late for work. I guess his grumpy mood rubbed off onto me. Gomen. Please forgive me?"
"Thc. Fine. I forgive you." she says with a smile that gives her away.
"You goof." I say as I fake punch her in the arm.
"Your the goof!" she says as she returns the fake punch.
"Come on! If we dont hurry, we're gonna be late!" I say as I start to run towards the Plaza.
"For what?" Miharu asks as she runs after me.
"The talent contest! Remember? I'm in it this year!"
"Oh yeah! Your big singing debue!"
"Cut that out!! You're gonna make me nervous."
We get to the Plaza on time and I head backstage to get my singing outfit on. A light blue T-shirt and a pair of sequined blue jeans along with a baseball cap.
I get my number. -5. Good. I'm not first.- I think to myself.
The first four are pretty lame. Two people decide to dance, one thought he could sing, and the last one thought she could do ballet.
"Number 5, Amber Inuzuka!"
"Hey ya'll! How ya doin?" I say to the audience.
"Good? Good! Now, the song I'm gonna sing isnt one you all are gonna expect, and have probably never heard. I'm gonna sing 'My Wish'"
"I hope the days come easy and the days pass slow and that each road leads you where you wanna go. And if youre faced with a choice and ya have to choose, I hope you choose the one that means the most to you. And if one door opens to another door closed, I hope you keep on walkin till you find the window. If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile. But more than anything, mooore than anything. My wish for you, is that this life becomes all that you want to. Your dreams stay big your worries stay small and you never need to carry more than than you can hold. And while your out there gettin where your gettin to, I hope you know somebody loves. And wants the same things too, yeah this, is my wish. I hope you never look back but you never forget, all the ones that loved you in the place ya left. I hope you always forgive and you never regret and you help somebody every chance you get. Oh, you find God's grace in every mistake, and always give more than you take. But more than anything, more than anything. My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to. Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small. You never need to carry more than you can hold. And while your out there gettin where your gettin to, I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same thing too, yeah this, is my wish."
I keep singing for a little bit longer. At the end, everyone stands up and claps. I bow and head off stage. I get congragulated and praise from a lot of the singers back there. The talent contest goes on and on. Finally, it's the last person.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 4, 2007, 6:41:08 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Cool^^

wolf-girl-ghost on December 30, 2006, 2:47:02 AM

wolf-girl-ghost on
wolf-girl-ghost-insert nekoninja's comment here-

NekoNinja on December 30, 2006, 2:07:27 AM

NekoNinja on
NekoNinjaHuzzah!!