Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - The Wolf Battles The Snake

Miya! This a story of Amber's life. She's a ninja trying to make it in her world. She finally finds her mom and life is good! That is, until she has a run in with Orochimaru. No she has the curse mark and is trying to live with it.

Chapter 28 - The Wolf Battles The Snake

Chapter 28 - The Wolf Battles The Snake
"This is a friend of mine. She doesnt want me to tell you her name, so I'll let her do it."
"Hi. I'm not going to tell you guys my name yet. You'll probably figure it out at some point." the girl tells us.
"Well... Welcome to the group!" I say to her.
"And for initiation......." Kat begins.
"NO!!!!" We all yell.
"Fine, fine. I wont sing. But she still has to."
"Tch. Fine Kat. Okay. Um.... How about..... you sing..... 'Life is a Highway' for us?"
"I dont know that one......"
"Then we'll start it for you!" Kat exclaims.
We all start singing the song and soon the girl joins in. We keep on singing it. When we stop to rest for the night, we stop the song, but then start up again in the morning. We walk into Leaf spirited and singing 'Life is a Highway'. We get to the ramen shop and finally decide to stop cause we were getting some funny looks.
"Well that was fun. An entire week of singing 'Life is a Highway'. I think we deserve some ramen!!!!" my mom says.
"YAY!!!!" we all yell.
Then we hear something short of a stampede headed our way. It turns out to be all of my other friends. Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Sasuke, Neji, Lee, Tenten, Kiba, Shino, Ino, Chouji, Shikamaru, Iruka, Shimara, and Kichiro. I had to introduce my mom or else she would have bugged me to do it. I went through all of the introductions.
"Okay. Mom, you were going to get us all ramen?" I say.
"Yes, but Iruka had better help to pay for it! I've never had to pay for this many before."
"Okay. I'll help pay."
After the mini ramen fest, I take mom home.
"That's weird. It's 8:00 and dad's not home. Maybe he's working late tonight."
"Where does he work?"
"The pound...... Where else? He cant get enough of those dogs. He even takes Sachiko with him sometimes. Right girl?"
"Woof!"
"Where's his wolf, Kanaru?"
"Kanaru? Never heard of him."
We wait for my dad to get home. While we wait, I show mom around the house. We hear a click at the door after awhile.
"Hello? Amber, I'm home!" my dad says.
"In the kitchen dad!" I yell at him.
He walks into the kitchen and gasps.
"Taniya? Is that you?" my dad asks with a look of surprise on his face.
"Yes it is Hiramaru." my mom says.
"I'm gonna leave now." I say inching towards the stairs.
My mom starts to say something so I dash up to my room with Sachiko at my heels.
"Whew. I do not want to see them kiss. That would be weird."
"Arf!"
I step onto my window sill and leap onto the roof.
-Thank god it's 11:00 at night- I think to myself.
I begin singing. It's 'I wont say I'm in Love'. I keep on singing it because I have nothing else to do. Then, like in the Sand village, I hear someone behind me. I take no head to it. But I do pull out a kunai, just in case. I continue singing to throw the person off guard. Then, someone drops down in front of me.
"Gah! Lee? Sheesh, dont scare a girl like that."
"Sorry!" he says sheepishly.
"Were you listening to me sing?"
"Yup."
"And you were listening for almost the entire time?"
"Yup."
"Why?"
"Because I like your singing. Keep singing."
"Okay." I sigh and begin singing again.
Lee stays and listens. I close my eyes when I sing so I didnt see when he left. I opened my eyes again around 3:00 and he wasnt there.
"Well, at least he's gone." I say to myself.
I go inside to get a little sleep.
A little later.....
"Sweetey! Time to wake up!"
I turn over to look at my clock. 5:00 in the morning?!?!?
"Mom!!!! It's too early!!!!"
"No it isnt. Do you want me to drag you out of bed? I am quite capable of it."
Oh yeah. She's a ninja too.
"I'm up. I'm up already." I say groggily.
"Good! Breakfast is downstairs!"
I get dressed and eat breakfast. Then I head out to training.
"You know what? I'm surprised that we didnt run into Orochimaru on our trip." Kat says to me.
"I am too. I was always thinking that he was going to attack at any moment, but he didnt." Miharu says.
"I heard that the Third cut his soul's arms off, so now he cant use them." Mioko says.
"I heard that too." I say.
I rub the back of my neck.
-I hope he doesnt come for me- I think to myself.
We train for a while longer. Then Kakashi comes and asks if he can talk to me.
"Yes Kakashi-sensei?"
"Me and Iruka have decided something. Since you seem capable of taking care of yourself, you dont have to be a sensei at the academy anymore."
"What if I still want to be?"
"Then you can stay Iruka's assistant. But you dont have to."
"Hmmm.... I choose dont have to."
"Okay! I'll go let Iruka know."
Kakashi leaves.
"What was that all about?" Miharu asks me.
"Kakashi wanted to know if I still wanted to teach at the academy."
"Aaand?" Kat asks.
"I said no."
"Good. We missed having you here." Mioko says.
I blush. We head into the forest to train some more. We begin training and all goes well, when suddenly.......
Thud! A kunai just missed my head and thudded into a tree.
"What the....?"
We become surrounded by Sound ninjas! And who comes strolling out of the trees? Who else but Orochimaru and Kabuto themselves.
"Orochimaru." I hiss.
"Ah. I see she knows who I am."
"Who doesnt you sad exuse for a ninja." I retort.
"I wouldnt make him angry if I were you." Kabuto says to me.
"You just shut up you no good..." Mioko starts.
He gets whapped across the scull by one of the Sound ninjas. He falls to the ground unconcious. I grit my teeth trying to fight the overwhelming anger I feel.
"Leave them alone Orochimaru!" I yell.
"Oh but I will. Tie them up." He says to the ninjas.
They tie up my friends and whap each of them across the scull to knock them out.
"Stop it!" I say, still trying to fight the anger.
"Go on. Dont you wanna fight me?" He taunts.
"Your in no condition to fight, Orochimaru. Your arms are dead."
"That may be, but I can still fight."
"Then I accept." I say.
My eyes glitter as I stop fighting the overwhelming anger. My eyes change from light blue to amber. I surround myslef with water and transform into a very powerful half demon.
"So this is the wolf demon I've heard so much about. She doesnt look so tough."
"You'll pay for this!" I howl.
I send a water attack his way. He dodges it with ease. I growl at his readiness. My anger swells even more. I transform a little more.
"Come on? You were the one who proposed the fight! What are you? A coward?" I howl at him.
He comes at me. He trys to kick me. I dodge easily and scratch him. This gave him a deep gash on his back. I howl in laughter at his incompetence.
"You fight well, Orochimaru, but you are still no match for me!"
"Oh, but I am!" he says.
He lunges at me with his teeth bared. I try to dodge, but he manages to latch on to my neck.
"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!" I howl in extreme pain.
"My work here is done." Orochimaru says as he begins to collapse.
Kabuto catches him and leaps off into the forest with the Sound ninja behind him. I transform back to myself and writhe on the ground in pain. I black out.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 6, 2007, 8:46:46 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Not good u got the curse markO.O

Kouni46892742 on January 7, 2007, 8:20:59 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742darn it! We finally fight real sound and i'm not there! That sucks!

crazicat06 on January 7, 2007, 8:29:18 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Heheh..... Sorry! I know Nara would love to get her kunai into Orochimaru

Kouni46892742 on January 7, 2007, 8:34:20 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Comment Deleted

Kouni46892742 on January 7, 2007, 10:38:12 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742a better word is SHE WOULD KILL TO GET HER KUNAI INTO OROCHIMARU

crazicat06 on January 11, 2007, 7:02:01 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06lol! Yup, she so would.... So would everyone in the Leaf village come to think of it......

Kouni46892742 on January 11, 2007, 11:00:29 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742yep......but a few certain ones would enjoy it more than others
 

crazicat06 on January 12, 2007, 5:05:29 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Like...... Naruto? Sasuke at the moment does on the Toonami episodes.

Kouni46892742 on January 13, 2007, 7:00:03 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742Lets see...Naruto, Sasuke, Nara, Amber, about half of the shinobi population of Konoha...just to name a few

NekoNinja on January 7, 2007, 4:43:05 AM

NekoNinja on
NekoNinjale gasp!

crazicat06 on January 7, 2007, 5:01:43 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06lol