Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 37 - Um....... Why?

Miya! This a story of Amber's life. She's a ninja trying to make it in her world. She finally finds her mom and life is good! That is, until she has a run in with Orochimaru. No she has the curse mark and is trying to live with it.

Chapter 37 - Um....... Why?

Chapter 37 - Um....... Why?
I'm wearing my new outfit, my necklace, and my bracelet. I have a pair of black sandals on. My hair (yes, On my head, it's technically hair) is falling over my shoulders. I smile to everyone I see. Why? Cause I'm happy! Yesterday was my birthday, and my crush cared to show up! And he gave me a bracelet! Milli is soooo jealous. I'm walking home to change into my training clothes because I havent gone on a mission in awhile. I change, and head over to the mission center.
"Any missions available?" I ask.
"Hmmm..... One. It's a C-rank. You gotta go and find this guy." the man showed me a picture of a teenager about 17 wearing a ripped black shirt, ripped blue jeans, and with dark raven hair. He had a tattoo of a black dragon going down his face and arm.
"Looks easy to spot. I accept this mission."
"Here's some of his hair. I figure you can use it to track him."
I head out to search. I figure he's probably outside of the village, so I head out the gate. I sniff the hair. Then I drop down on all fours and start sniffing the ground. I pick up his scent easy.
"Here we go."
I run off in the dirrection the scents comming from. I come to a river. I sniff up and down the bank the decide to cross. I sniff that side, but no dice. I figure he traveled in the river. So I leap in and start swimming. My bracelet is attached to my new collar so that I dont lose it. I sniff the air. His scent! I swim faster. His scent curves to the right towards the bank. I leap out of the water and land on the bank. I see the remains of a hasty camp. I catch his scent again. I follow it into the forest.I weave in and out of trees. I follow this scent for at least two days. I finally pick up a fresh scent of his.
"Arwoooo!!!" I howl ecstaticly.
I continue on. His scent gets stronger and stronger. It finally becomes so strong that all I have to do is walk forward and see him. I come upon his camp. I peer over the bushes and see the kid. He's cooking fish!
I creep out of the bushes. He doesnt notice me. Until I stand up.
"Wah!" he yelps as he falls backwards.
"Hi! What are you doing way out here?" I ask.
"Um.... I ran away, duh."
"Oh your charming. What's your name?"
"Cooro."
"I'm Amber. Um..... Why did you run away?"
"My life sucked. My mom was about to force me to marry some girl that I didnt even know!!!!"
"Oooooh...... That's the pits. Why didnt you tell her you didnt want to marry that girl?"
"I did. She paid no attention to me."
"Why dont you come back with me? I could get you set up to live on your own."
"Um.... Suuure...."
We head back. That takes us the course of three days. I head to the missions house emmeidiatly with him in tow.
"I see you brought him back."
"Yup. But he doesnt wanna go home. I wish to speak with his mother. Now."
"She's back there."
I head to the back with Cooro in tow. I see this tall beautiful lady sitting there.
"Hello? Ma'am? I have your son."
"Oh Cooro! Now be a good boy and come home."
"Um... Ma'am? He doesnt want to go home."
"Why ever not?"
"He doesnt want to get married! I think that your being cruel to him by not letting him choose his own life. And you dont ever listen to him."
"What? Now Cooro. This is a set marriage and...."
I cut her off.
"Arent those things illegal now or something? You cant CHOOSE for someone who they want to marry. Ever heard of this thing called LOVE?"
"Well... yes.... but family tradition states..."
This time Cooro cut her off.
"Mom. I. DONT. WANT. TO. MARRY. THE. GIRL! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD!!! I'm 17. I'm not even legal age for marriage! I dont even like her!!!!"
"Well.... Why didnt you tell me earlier?"
"I DID!!!!!! I told you millions of times!!!!!!!"
"Also, Cooro wants to live on his own now so that this never happens again. Right Cooro?" I say.
"Yes. That's exactly what I want."
Me and Cooro leave. I set him up with a room in my house for the time being until I can find him his own apartment.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Symphoniaprincess101 on August 6, 2007, 9:28:47 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101akwardly cool^^

wolf-girl-ghost on January 13, 2007, 6:06:46 AM

wolf-girl-ghost on
wolf-girl-ghostoo stranger, yeah arranhed marrigages r cruel!

crazicat06 on January 13, 2007, 6:07:38 AM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Heheh..... I knew I would get a mutual feeling on that.