Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Boredom

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 1 - Boredom

Chapter 1 - Boredom


AN: So…what if this story had been told the other way around? What if it was Inuyasha that had to constantly come into Kagome's world? This story will examine just that possibility. And hey, this isn't my first fan-fic, but it is my first at Inuyasha…so, for better or worse please review!



I (obviously) do not own these characters. I really wish I did.



Through the Looking Glass



Prologue: Boredom



Kagome Higurashi was bored out of her mind. As a junior in high school, life was so predictable. The same people she had known for years going to the same classes talking about all the usual things. The raven-haired beauty would do just about anything to have something disturb the status quo. More and more she found herself withdrawing from her friends and family. Today, instead of going to the, like, mall and stuff, she decided to take advantage of her family's expansive property. Kagome grabbed her bow and arrow…she kept trying to convince herself that he love of archery was just for fun, but recently found herself dreaming of competing in the Olympics. None of her friends knew of her love of the sport.



Freed from school for the day, Kagome walked down a well-worn path that led near the abandoned well on the property. She was very casually dressed…every day after school she got out of her conformity clothes as soon as possible. She knew her parents were doing the best thing for her by sending her and her brother to a nice private school…but she always felt like a complete tool in her little Catholic schoolgirl outfit. Today she was in her normal after school outfit…cut off corduroy shorts and a green tank top. She hadn't bothered with shoes. Green was definitely her favorite color and her wardrobe reflected it. Even though her long, beautiful hair was one of her best features, Kagome had rushed out the door putting it up in a messy bun.



Kagome was listening to her nano Ipod as she walked. It was so easy to get caught up in music. This week she was obsessed with Fall Out Boy's “Sugar We're Going Down Swinging.” She had never been a notch in someone's bedpost, but it wasn't for the lack of the boys in her school trying. Kagome whistled along and considered the guys at St. Joseph's Academy. It sounded obvious, but they were all so…juvenile. Kagome longed for someone who would be the slightest bit of originality. Her indifference to the guys…boys….drove them even crazier. One in particular wouldn't take no for an answer. Because of his persistence, Kagome would sometimes take pity on him and when one of the school dances came around and let him take her. She longed for someone she could even crush on, but outside of certain celebrities…especially ones with last names like Bloom and Gosling, there wasn't anyone close by.



Why can't I be normal? Why can't I just like Hojo? Half of the female population at the school already does… Kagome felt like one of her favorite movie characters - Cher, from Clueless or Kat Stratford from 10 Things I Hate About You…the guys in her school were just “unwashed miscreants.”



Kagome found she had already walked to the well. She set up her practice target on a bale of hay. After quickly going through all the arrows she had she walked over and began retrieving them. She was pulling the last one out when she heard a weird sound. She nervously tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and walked over to the well where the sound was coming from. She crept over and looked down the shaft (AN: get your minds out of the gutter!) and jumped back. There was a SOMEONE down there.



She called out tentatively, “Hello? Do you need help?”



He could smell someone above him. It was definitely a female someone. He had never smelled anything like her before. It was musky and sweet all at the same time. If there was such a thing as love at first sniff… Keh, I don't believe in love. Something wasn't making sense. His demon instincts kicked in and he went on the offensive.



A silver haired blur sprang out of the well and landed on top of Kagome. Chocolate eyes met one very confused golden-eyed stare.



Kagome was going to scream, but that was nearly impossible to do with someone pinning her down to the ground. She finally broke the stare and looked over her “attacker.” Are those ears?



AN: Please tell me you want me to keep going on this one. I have some great plans in store for the whole gang, but reviews make it easier to keep going.


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sango_fan_1 on April 17, 2006, 8:11:10 AM

sango_fan_1 on
sango_fan_1kool i love this story!!

Inuyashasbabygirl on March 18, 2006, 2:31:12 PM

Inuyashasbabygirl on
Inuyashasbabygirlthis is a cool story.

Inuranda_Hanyou on October 12, 2005, 10:10:37 AM

Inuranda_Hanyou on
Inuranda_HanyouDo more! Do more! Or I will throw mustard on you! (Compliments of Starfire)