Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - First Day of School

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 4 - First Day of School

Chapter 4 - First Day of School


AN: Ok, so not as many reviews as I would like and I was going to abandon this story altogether when I sat down and watched the “Return to Where We Met” episode this morning. Wow…only a month ago I started getting into the Inuyasha series and this episode just blew me away. These characters really have some depth and I really want to write about them, even if no one is reading. I know there are a lot of better authors out there with some amazing stories…so it's flattering just to see people have taken some time to read mine.

Chapter 4: First Day of School


Kagome pulled up into her assigned spot and looked around for Miroku. She had called him the night before and managed to sweet talk her way into a meeting with him before school. Kagome almost jumped out of her skin when there was a knock at her window.

“Sweets for a sweet?”

Kagome rolled her eyes as she got out of her car. There wasn't anything Miroku wouldn't try and do to get down the pants of any girl he ran across. He was holding a box of donuts in his hand. Kagome's favorite…Krispy Kreme.

“Not this morning. Sorry.”

Inuyasha sniffed and picked up on Kagome's indifference and her hunger. Not that he cared…but he was glad she hadn't chosen this hentai as her mate. He was also amazed that whatever was in that box could elicit such a response out of her. Maybe there was some sort of poison in those things.

“So what's up?” seeing that Kagome wasn't interested in the donuts, Miroku began tearing into them.

“Well…I met this guy yesterday. I'm not sure where he's from or anything, but I had to do something fast, so I convinced my mom that he was an exchange student at our school.”

Miroku seemed to be considering the situation and how he could best make it work to his advantage, “Well, let me take a look at him.”

Kagome leaned in the car, and said softly, “Inuyasha? It's time to get out.”

“Keh,” Inuyasha said as he got out of the car and stretched. Kagome did her best not to drool all over her uniform. It's just stretching Kagome, pull yourself together!

Miroku inspected Inuyasha.
Dorky clothes aside, this guy will have the girls flocking to him! He can be my wingman any day. Out loud he said, “Alright. I'll pretend he's my foreign cousin or something. Just lend him to me for the morning and I'll make sure all the beaurcracy gets figured out.”

Kagome twisted her hands nervously. She wasn't too keen on letting Inuyasha spend a lot of time with Miroku, but she also knew it was the only way.

Miroku said, “There's just one thing…” He made a move to take off Inuyasha's Yankee's cap.

Kagome jumped in between them, “He, um, has to wear it for religious purposes.”

“Why not a yamaka?”

“He um, has to keep his head covered at all times and from what I can tell the airline lost all of his things. This hat is all I could find. He's very attached to it.”

Kagome batted her long eyelashes at Miroku and held her breath. Miroku said, “Alright, but it won't make things any easier. You owe me…”

Inuyasha had had enough of this. He didn't want anyone doing favors on his behalf. He growled at Miroku, “Listen, Kagome doesn't owe you squat. It's me that's going to have to return the favor.”

“Understood.”

Kagome looked at the two of them and smiled, glad to see they had cleared things up She said, “I'll see the two of you at lunch. You know where to find me of you need anything.”

She walked off in the direction of the school, aware that two sets of eyes were a little too focused on her short uniform skirt. As soon as Kagome was a distance away, Miroku started quizzing Inuyasha.

“How'd you end up on Kagome's good side?”

“What?”

“Half the male population of this school wants to get with her and here you are just riding along. Where have you been hiding?”

Kagome had briefly quizzed Inuyasha in the car this morning. She told him to be as honest as possible, but to also give out as little information as possible. She was very confusing.

“Umm…in a well?”

Miroku scratched his head, and instead of asking more questions, started filling Inuyasha in on the finer points of St. Joe's Academy, “So, I don't know what it was like where you were before, but St. Joe's a pretty privileged place. Of course you've still got your jock, your cheerleaders, your popular kids and your dorks, but at least here you have to be kind of smart.”

They walked through the doors of the school and Inuyasha's poor nose was overwhelmed by smells: cologne, perfume, and lotions. It also seemed that everyone was about Kagome and Miroku's age. The smells were doing interesting things with his anatomy, especially when he scented a number of girls who were in heat. They didn't smell as good as Kagome…but still it was an intoxicating smell all the same. As they walked down the hall, the “new guy” was causing quite a stir. Unlike in his time, girls from this period were not shy at all and Inuyasha felt like a piece of meat by the time they reached the office. He also had flushed red as Miroku had given him a detailed commentary and history on what seemed like every girl they passed.

Miroku leaned in and whispered to Inuyasha, “This is where you need to let me do the talking. The girl behind the desk is my beloved Sango,” he turned to the attractive girl sitting behind the desk. She was a student. Beloved she may be, she was however, scowling deeply at Miroku.

“What do you want?”

“Is that any way to treat a man desperately in love with you?”

“I don't see any men here.”

Inuyasha held back a smile. This girl had some quick wits.

“I have a favor to ask…”

As Miroku launched into his carefully constructed spiel, Inuyasha caught a whiff of what he thought was Kagome. He followed his nose outside right up to a girl who looked like Kagome, only the smell was off just a little bit. The girl caught him looking at her.

“Hello handsome.”

Inuyasha asked, “What's your name?”

“Kikyo.”

Kikyo… It wasn't quite as melodious as Kagome, but it still had a nice ring to it. Kikyo's scent was just a little spicier than Kagome's. Kagome was walking with her friends when she saw Inuyasha at Kikyo's locker. Inuyasha spun around as he scented Kagome. He sensed an underlying tension between her and the girl who looked so much like her. She stopped.

“Kikyo…”

“Kagome…”

Inuyasha was seriously confused. These girls looked so much alike. Kagome saw the confusion on her silver haired friend's face.

“Kikyo is my cousin. Our mothers were twin sisters, which is why we look so much alike.”

Inuyasha heard the slight emphasis on “look.”

“Well, I think it's been to long since I've been out to the farm to see you all. I'll have to come by and sit down to a proper dinner with my aunt and cousins and new friend.”

Kagome rolled her eyes, “I'll bet.”

Kikyo tossed her long black hair and purred as she walked away, “If you need someone to show you around, Inuyasha, don't hesitate to ask. I know all the ins and outs around here.”

“Keh.”

Kagome breathed a sigh of relief at his indifference. Anyone within hearing distance had heard Kikyo's double entendre. At that moment, Miroku poked his head out the office door and whispered, “Inuyasha - get back in here!”

Inuyasha locked his golden eyes on Kagome's brown ones and then walked casually into the office. Kagome realized as she walked away with her friends that he heart was beating very fast. This was something she had never felt before. At that moment too, Kagome's girlfriends descended upon her and began drilling her all about her new “friend.”

Eri asked, “Where have you been hiding him?”

Kagome, “Um, we just kind of met yesterday.”

Ayumi giggled, “I would have hid him a little while longer.”

Yuka nodded, “No kidding. Looks like Kikyo's got her next conquest in mind.”

Kagome frowned, “I'll see you guys at lunch.”

She walked off, wondering why she hadn't taken more time to plan things out. It's not like I have any claim to him…

By some minor miracle, Miroku had managed to convince the lovely Sango to put Inuyasha in the system. At St. Joe's, there was always some exchange student or relative dropping in for a semester. The tuition was steep enough that administrators would usually rather keep the parents happy than ask questions and so just looked over the red tape. As the pair walked out of the office, Miroku exclaimed, “Mission accomplished!”


Inuyasha followed Miroku during the morning. “Classes” were interesting…but he was more curious about the interaction between the sexes. It was all below the surface. Inuyasha didn't know much about the mating rules of youkai, but it usually just involved marking one's intended mate with a bite of some kind. He was pretty sure there wasn't this much talking involved. He was also curious why he hadn't caught so much of a whiff of any other demons. What strange place was this? Had humans really taken control?

Finally, it was time for lunch. They turned the corner and found Kagome at her locker. She was talking to someone. A tall someone. Inuyasha could smell his interest from down the hall. He was somewhat relieved he didn't smell the same from Kagome.

Kagome was smiling up at him, “Thanks Hojo, I'll think about it.”

“Catch you later Kags.”

Hojo winked at her as he walked away.

Inuyasha growled, “Who was that?”

Kagome rolled her eyes, “No one.”

Miroku, Inuyasha, and Kagome made their way to the lunch room. They were an interesting trio for sure. Kagome had already let her friends know that she was going to have to “babysit” her new friend for lunch. She had hoped she had made it sound like she would rather be doing anything else. As they sat down for lunch, Inuyasha was sniffing everything intently. Where was the raw meat? The rabbits or fish?

“It's called pizza, Inuyasha.”


Miroku looked confused, “How has he not heard of pizza before?”

At that moment the lunch room became very quiet. A large guy was walking in. He was over 6 feet tall with long brown hair. He defined the word "menacing."

Inuyasha sniffed, he wasn't a demon. Why was everyone so scared? He asked, “Who's that?”

Kagome said quietly, “That's Naraku. He's the Captain of the football team and pretty much runs the school. Even the teachers are scared of him.”

“Keh.”

Naraku was flanked by a pale girl and another girl.

Kagome continued, “That's Kagura and Kanna. We're not sure why he hangs out with them. It's kind of a creepy situation.”

AN: Enough for now. I literally sat down and wrote this entire chapter in less than 2 hours! Go me! Next chapter a new new guy shows up…can you guess who? Please, click on the button and review!


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sango_fan_1 on April 17, 2006, 9:07:54 AM

sango_fan_1 on
sango_fan_1i bet it is koga!!:p
i'm very proud of u for how long it took u!! go u
oh and could u read me storys?
thanx