Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - After School Special

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 5 - After School Special

Chapter 5 - After School Special


AN: You have all completely restored my faith in reviews. I only wanted a few, and then I opened my inbox and wow! So, here I am a day later completely charged and ready to write. Thanks for all the compliments!

One final note…please allow the licenses I'm taking with the characters and where/who they are. I know I'm doing things a little bit different…and yes, Naraku is just pure evil.


I do not own the characters.





Chapter 5: After School Special
(This week on a very special Inuyasha…)

Inuyasha narrowed his golden eyes and gave Nakaru a second look Squinting his eyes, he couldn't sense a demon exactly,but there was a very definite evil aura surrounding him. If this had been his own time, Inuyasha would have no problem taking matters into his own claws, but Kagome had explained to him people didn't just go around killing in this world. It just 'wasn't done.' Keh...some people deserve it.

Miorku leaned over and whispered, "Those girls give me the creeps. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely a fan of the ladies...but those girls? I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole."


The weird trio made their way to a table on the far side of the commons area and sat down. The normal noises of the lunchroom began again.

Kagome supressedthe urge to duck under the table. Although she was a junior, she had known about Naraku from her first day as a freshman at St. Joe's. The rumors about him were endless... that he had escaped from juvenile hall, that Kagura and Kanna were actually his sisters, that he was wanted in seven states for a number of crimes, that he was actually a lot older, that he was a millionare and just using the school routine as an act... Kagome shuddered at a memory.

Flashback

Kagome was waiting for her mom to pick her up after school one day. It was last year and it was getting late. Kagome suddenly shivered and turned around. The infamous Naraku had snuck up on her. She had heard the stories of what happened when Naraku caught you alone...but there was nothing anyone could do. All the administrators were afraid of this student and counting down the days until he graduated. His influence seemed to reach even the town's police department.


"What's your name little girl?"

"Ka-Kagome."

"Beautiful. So pure..." Naraku leaned over and took a strand of her hair and began rubbing it between his fingers. Kagome desperately prayed for anyone to come to her rescue...a friend, even Hojo! Fortunately, at that moment, Kagome's mother had pulled up and Kagome had sprinted for the car.

End flashback

Inuyasha looked across the table at Kagome who was suddenly shivering. It didn't take anilmal instincts to know that Naraku had wronged her in some way. Kagome straightened up. Ever since that day after school, she had never been such an idiot as to be somewhere alone at school.


Inuyasha growled low, "I'll protect you, Kagome."

Kagome looked up, then nodded shyly, "Thanks."

She had no doubt this crazy supposed 'half demon' would live up to his word.




Inuyasha was glad to escort Kagome to the rest of her classes that day. He knew they were still getting strange looks, but he was used to that by now. Kagome was trying to pay attention to her geometry teacher, but her thoughts were definitely somewhere else. She had heard rumors, passed down through the family that the well on their property was either haunted or possessed magical qualities (it depended on who you were talking to and how much they had had to drink…) Kagome thought it would be best if she and Inuyasha returned to the well this afternoon and checked things out. She had only left it yesterday because she had wanted to tend to his wounds.
You've go to be kidding yourself Higurashi, let's face it, we both know you wanted to do more than `tend to his wounds.' Kagome's subconscious raged within her, and she wondered if she hadn't hit her head when Inuyasha had sprung out of the well…yesterday? Had it only been a day ago? She looked across to see Inuyasha desperately trying to get comfortable in the desk. It seemed, wherever he was from, he much preferred sitting on the ground to hard plastic chairs.

Kagome whispered across to her silver haired friend, “Only a few more minutes.”

Finally, the last school bell had rung. Kagome had let the volleyball coach know that she wouldn't be at practice today. They had almost made it out to the death machine, although Kagome still referred to it as her “car,” when Inuyasha scented Kikyo. She was leaning up seductively against Kagome's car…waiting for them. Inuyasha was usually the predator, but in this case, he definitely felt like the prey.

“Hey there.”

Inuyasha wasn't sure what to say. He literally had no experience with females of any species.

"Uh...hi."

With that, Kagome stomped by and opened her car door. She told Inuyahsa curtly, "Get in, we're going home."

Inuyasha was torn. The demon half of him was definitely curious about sticking around and getting to know this Kikyo a little better, but the other half of him thought he should play things safe. So, he just said, "Keh" and got in the car.

"See you around," said Kikyo winking at Inuyasha.

Once they were on their way, Inuyasha asked, "What's your problem with her anyway? She seems nice enough."

My problem is that she wants to get in your pants... Kagome was shocked that she had even had the thought and flushed red. Maybe it's just that time of the month for me...Instead she delivered a "Keh" of her own.

Inuyasha wasn't buying it, "That's not an answer, wench."

Kagome was furious, she sputtered, "But you say it all the time!"

Inuyasha inspected his claws, "That's because it's a demon saying. You don't even know what it means."

"What? Are you trying to tell me 'Keh' translates into actual words?"

"How perceptive of you."

"That's it!" Kagome slammed on the brakes and then gunned the car in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going, dog? Do you even know what you're doing?"

Kagome ignored the 'dog' comment, now knowing it was just an expression, and told the hanyou bluntly, "I'm...we're going back to the well before you can get into any more trouble."

They drove in silence. Inuyasha could feel the anger radiating off of Kagome. Mistakenly judging her anger, the half demon thought smugly, She can think whatever she wants...it's still my saying. Kagome was muttering under her breath, "Don't even know how we're in the same gene pool."

They pulled up to the house and got out of the car. Kagome began walking in the direction of the well. Too proud to do anything else, Inuyasha followed. Fifteen minutes later they had arrived. Both peered over the edge of the seemingly bottomless well.

Kagome nudged Inuyasha with her shoulder, "Well go ahead boy...go home."

"I am NOT a dog."

Kagome grabbed at his puppy ears and said, "You're a half-dog and that's enough for me!"

"Do NOT touch the ears," Inuyasha said grumpily.

They both crossed their arms and stared away from each other. Kagome was the first to break the silence, "So, I never really got to ask you, where exactlydid you come from?

"I'm not sure."

"What does that mean?"

"Do you have to be so defensive about everything?"

"No...I just..."

"You just what?"

Kagome did some growling of her own, "Drop it."

Inuyasha slumped down and leaned aginst the well, "Fine. I'll tell you where I'm from, but first let me know where I am."

"You are in Japan in the year 2005." (AN: No flames! I'm not going to even pretend I know anything about Japan...so please bear with me, but it only makes sense the well is in the same place in both eras).

"2005?"


"Why, are you from the future?"

"No."

Let's try another tactic. "What was your last memory before you found yourself in the bottom of my well?"

"I was fighting with my brother."

"I fight with my brother all the time."

"Is yours actually trying to kill you?"

Kagome said thoughtfully, "No. Is yours?"

Inuyasha growled low in his throat, "Yes."

"Why is that?"

"Listen wench, why do you even care? I'm going to be gone soon, remember?"

"Humor me. It's the least you can do."

"Fine. In my time it's not exactly the best thing if you are half of one kind and half of another."

Kagome said softly, "Then things haven't changed all that much. People in this day are still treated differently for being half of one kind and half of another."

Inuyasha sighed, "Listen dog, that is a touching story and all, but in my time, demons are hunted and--"

Kagome interrupted, "How did you get to be...you know?"

Inuyasha sighed heavily, "My father was a VERY powerful demon, but my mother was a human."

Kagome's eyes glazed over. She clasped her hands together and said, "How romantic...they must have been very much in love."

"Keh, I don't know, I wasn't around then." Inuyasha paused a moment. He had never really given his parentage that much thought or consideration. His parents had both died when he was so young; he never knew much about them.

"So...?"

"So, I'm in the middle. I want to be a full demon, and I will do anything to make that possible."

"What's so wrong with being a human?"

"You're all so weak."

Kagome, who had been leaning on the well, walked over and put a foot in the middle of Inuyasha's chest and stared down over him, "What did you say?"

Inuyasha looked up...from this angle he see some delicate fabric peeking out from under Kagome's skirt. It was an entirely different fabric than the 'boxer briefs' he was wearing under his uniform. He decided that, for the time being he liked the view and, not moving answered her question, "In my time, humans are constantly being killed by demons. I'm just looking out for myself. I hate being caught between."

Kagome was staring down at him and aware that his golden eyes were not meeting her own. She caught where he was looking and gave him a kick in the stomach, "You're as bad as Miroku!"

"Keh."

Kagome sat down next to him, "But what about in this time...? There's no reason to become a full demon."

"Keh."

"Well, we're obviously getting nowhere."

"Keh."

"Will you stop saying that?"

Inuyahsa stood up and stretched, causing Kagome's taste buds, for the second time in a day, unexpectedly start drooling. He looked over the side of the well. What's over there for me, anyway? A world where I'm hunted and persecuted, where my only family wants me dead? Where no female of any species wants me around? Why am I in such a hurry? At least here someone is feeding me and I have a roof over my head...

>>You don't belong here.


I told her I would protect her from that Naraku creep. Look, it's obvious she needs protecting.

>> There are other males here willing to do that.


Keh.

>> Please don't start that with me.


Inuyasha pulled Kagome up, "Alright, since you're so eager to get rid of me, I guess it's time to say good bye."

Suddenly, Kagome wasn't so sure of her decision. She blurted it out, "How am I going to explain to everyone where you went?"

"You seemed to come up with an explanation of how I got here easily enough."

Desperate, Kagome asked, "What if your brother's waiting on the other side of the well?"

"Keh."

Ducking quickly, Kagome reached up and grabbed Inuyasha's ears and held them hostage, "If you say that one more time, I'm going to twist these things until they come off!"

Acting on instinct, Inuyasha jumped straight up in the air, but Kagome held on. She was holding on for dear life with her hands and uncoinciously wrapped her thighs around the hanyou's torso. Inuyasha was squirming around, while at the same time amazed how natural it felt to have Kagome there...he wasn't paying attention as they fell back down to earth and straight into the well!




AN: Who doesn't love a good cliffy? I think I'm having a little difficulty finding Inuyasha's voice. I'm trying to make him ornery, but curious. He is, after all, from a completely different realm. He's not in danger here, and feels a little bit superior to everyone else because of his demon abilities, but also has had very little experience with social interaction of any kind. Does that make sense? Any suggestions?


And, ok, in my head this chapter was orginally going to go somewhere completely different. I hope you don't mind where it ended up. I promise the new guy (who most of you have guessed) will be around in upcoming chapters. Any other characters you'd like to see?


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

inu_fan1995 on November 25, 2005, 4:05:45 AM

inu_fan1995 on
inu_fan1995great please write more!

dark_inu_lover on October 9, 2005, 12:56:28 AM

dark_inu_lover on
dark_inu_lovergood pleas write another chappie(puppydog eyes) and tell me if you do!