Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The New Guy

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 6 - The New Guy

Chapter 6 - The New Guy


AN: Ok, so I had to get a little bit of a fan base going until I could really kick the story into gear…and in case you guessed it, I don't like Kikyo. Also, I'm trying to keep the Inuyasha/Kagome fights as real as they would be in the series - blown up and out of proportion over nothing.



I (still) do not own the characters.



Chapter 6: All the World's a Stage



Inuyasha and Kagome fell (fighting all the way) down, down to the bottom of the well and landed awkwardly with Kagome straddling Inuyasha's waist. Kagome wondered at this half-demon's strength. The hanyou had definitely taken the brunt of the long fall. They had fallen a couple of stories at least, and anyone else she knew probably would've broken their back. They were both so shocked at what had just happened that neither of them could move at that moment. Kagome looked down and realizing the compromising situation they were in, jumped off of Inuyasha.



“Are we…are will still in my time?”



Inuyasha took a deep sniff of the air, then hung his head, “Damn. Yeah, we are.”



Kagome was relieved. Inuyasha was still lying on the ground. He got up slowly and looked over at her, “Good thing I'm so strong.”



“Are you implying that I am fat?”



“Keh.”



“Hmph.”



“You know I'm the only one who can get you out of the well, right?”



“Not true.”



“Fine.” And with that Inuyasha sprang out of the well, leaving a fuming Kagome at the bottom. As Kagome's eyes adjusted, she realized there were some overgrown vines crawling up the well and started climbing, cursing the entire way to the top. When she finally pulled herself over the edge, and flopped over, she looked over to see Inuyasha sitting in his favorite position, cross-legged and looking at her strangely. She laid on the ground for a few moments, completely winded from the climb.



Inuyasha said disdainfully, “See, this is exactly why I don't want to be a human. You are completely weak.”



“You wouldn't last one day without me in this time!”



“You think so?” Inuyasha challenged.



“I know so.”



“I think your cousin Kikyo would be happy to take care of me.”



Kagome saw red. She didn't even care any more; let him go to Kikyo or whoever, as long as it wasn't her. He may be hot, but it wasn't worth the effort any more. She got up and dusted herself off, “Later.”



Kagome walked back to the house, leaving a very confused hanyou behind her.



She must be kidding herself if she thinks I'm going to apologize. She came after me!



Kagome walked into the house and drew herself a very hot bubble bath complete with candles and her favorite “Soothing” mix CD. It was the only thing she could think to do in the situation. Peeling off her now grubby uniform, she pulled her hair up in a high ponytail, stepped into the steaming tub, sat back, and relaxed in the tub. Aaahhhh…. It disturbed Kagome to no end that the only thought that kept popping into her head was… Those ears were really as soft as I thought they would be…



Inuyasha cautiously entered the house. He was definitely not leaving without his fire-rat robes and had to find them before he sniffed out where Kikyo lived. Speaking of sniffing…there were currently a weird mixture girl smells and hot springs coming from somewhere upstairs. There wasn't a hot springs in there yesterday. He crept up the stairs and heard some strange music coming from the room Kagome had referred to as the “bathroom.” He sniffed out his robes in a strange room with some large square metal boxes. On his way back down the hall he considered telling Kagome where he was going and suddenly stood still. Never in his life had he ever let anyone know where he was. I must be getting soft in this human world. He growled softly to make himself feel better.



Kagome heard something on the other side of the door, and said hopefully, “Inuyasha?”



“Yes?” he sounded annoyed.



Kagome frantically checked to make sure the door was locked and then resumed her nonchalant approach, “I thought you were going to Kikyo's.”



Damn it, I thought she was going to apologize. “I was just picking up my robes, wench.”



“Be sure to pick up your hat. I know Kikyo likes things kinky, but I think ears might even be a little too much for her to handle.” But not too much for me!!



“Keh.”



Kagome didn't hear anything else and assumed he was on his way to Kikyo's. She turned on some more hot water and relaxed for a few more minutes, trying to get the whole mess out of her head. Guess I'd better call and give the family fair warning…the water's getting cold anyway. Kagome stood up and wrapped a warm fluffy towel around her. She unlocked the door and walked out -- almost tripping over Inuyasha, who was sitting cross-legged outside the bathroom.



“What the--?” Kagome pulled her towel around her as snugly as she could, “I thought you were gone.”



Inuyasha looked up at her, his golden eyes shining, “Reason #3 why I'm never going to be a human. You can't hear anything.”



“Ok great, why are you still here?”



“I promised I would protect you wench.”



“From who, Inuyasha? There's no one in the house.”



“Well, that Naraku creep could pop up at any time.”



Kagome rolled her eyes, “That's nice. Now, will you please get out of my way, so I can get dressed?”



Inuyasha sniffed, she definitely smelled better than she did coming out of the well. It was the same smell as yesterday. Looking at her standing in a towel, Inuyasha was having a difficult time concentrating on what he was supposed to be doing. He reluctantly moved out of her way. It was a minute or two before he could get his thoughts together to leave the house. When Kagome came out from her room, Inuyasha was gone.



“So much for my safety now.”



The next day, it seemed nothing was going Kagome's way. She had had to explain to her mother the night before what had happened to their new guest and study for a history test she had been completely procrastinating on. She hadn't gotten a lot of sleep, but had slept through her alarm and so had to bust a move to get to school. She was, of course, late and the unforgiving hall monitor had slapped her with a detention slip. She was sitting in the office, wondering how things could get any worse when a guy walked into the office. She looked at him…he was very tall with thick dark brown hair and almost the same colored eyes as her own. He looked over and winked at her. Kagome, who never got flustered around guys, started blushing.



The secretary looked up, “You are excused, Miss Higurashi.”



“Sorry.”



Kagome walked out into the hall. She turned the corner of the long school hallway when she heard footsteps behind her own. She started walking quicker, the footsteps got quicker as well. Kagome was worried. She looked down at her shoelaces a moment too late…they got tangled up and she went sprawling to the floor. When she looked up, Naraku was standing, leering over her.



“Kagome, is it?”



Kagome refused to answer. Please Inuyasha…I take back all the things I said…



“You have something I want,” he said in a low voice. She had no trouble picturing what that was. She was literally so scared she couldn't move. Naraku had this weird power over her; usually she wouldn't have taken crap like this from anyone. She saw him getting closer and closer and—



“Miss Higurashi?” a male voice said from the distance.



“Yes?”



“You are supposed to show me around the school?”



“Yes,” Kagome said breathlessly. She didn't care who was saying it. She looked up and locked eyes with the guy who had been in the office a few minutes ago.



Naraku looked at this new guy and for a moment, Kagome thought he was going to spit on him or something. The new guy held out his hand to Kagome, and he pulled her up and walking away, bumped Naraku's shoulder. It wasn't an accident.



“You're going to wish you hadn't done that, punk.”



“Whatever,” said Kagome's rescuer.



Naraku finally turned the corner. Kagome started gushing, “Thank you so much!”



“It was nothing. I thought something was up.”



“How did you know my name?”



“From the office…”



Duh Kagome. “Well, you know my name, but I don't know yours…”



“My name's Kouga. Do I have to know you only as Miss Higurashi, or do you have a first name to go with that?”



Kagome almost blushed. Finally, someone with some confidence around this school. She told him, “My name is Kagome.”



They shook hands. At that moment, someone else came tearing around the corner. Kagome recognized the familiar figure.



She crossed her arms across her chest and asked defensively, “What do you want?”



“It smelled like you were getting yourself into trouble, dog. This guy giving you problems?”



Kouga gave Kagome a look, What's up with the guys at this school? Kagome shrugged, it would be impossible to fill Kouga in. Before Kagome could say anything, Kouga decided to answer the question for himself; “Just who do you think you are calling a dog, punk?”



“Did I ask you a question?”



“No, but I don't think Kagome deserves to be referred to as a `dog.'”



“Well, unless your name is Kagome, butt out.”



Kagome thought was getting a little ridiculous, “Uh, guys…”



Inuyasha looked at Kagome, “I thought I told you I was going to protect you.”



“Well, Inuyasha, you weren't here, were you?”



“Damnit dog, it was the man, he wouldn't give me a pass.”



“I thought I told you not to call her a dog.”



Kagome saw this situation going nowhere fast and grabbed Inuyasha's hand, calling out behind her, “Kouga, I'll have to explain this to you later,” she dropped her voice low, “Thanks for everything.”



Kouga didn't look to happy with the situation, but turned and walked back in the direction of the office, calling out over his shoulder, “Anytime. This ain't over, Inuyasha.”



Inuyasha growled low and lunged after him while Kagome used all her strength to hold the hanyou back. She walked him outside and sat him down.



“What the hell was that about?”



Inuyasha was sniffing, “That guy's stink is all over you.”



“And? What are you going to do about it?” Kagome's brown eyes held his golden ones. She was surprised to see he broke the stare first and looked down.



“I'm sorry.”



Kagome was taken back, “For what?”



“I should've been there for you.”



“Things are different here.” It occurred to Kagome that she was going to be in even more trouble now that she was just flat out skipping a class, but, she found that she just didn't care. She found herself being drawn…like a moth to a flame, to Inuyasha's broad shoulder. She tentatively leaned her head on him. He was tense at first, but then seemed to accept her there.



At that moment, Kagome heard a flirty female voice call from behind them, “What's up, roomie?”



AN: Hey, I like to make characters work to get together - tension is more fun than fluffy romance. I LURVE reviews - leave me some feedback!




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dark_inu_lover on October 21, 2005, 11:26:44 PM

dark_inu_lover on
dark_inu_lovernice but kouga is in the series a demon 2 is he a human in the story? and are you going to add the rest of them aswel and is kagome going to inuyasha world some time? wooow so many questions not mutch answers^^woow that was deep(dah-.-)