Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - School Supplies

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 7 - School Supplies

Chapter 7 - School Supplies


AN: Yeesh, I got seriously wrapped up reading two amazing fanfics (Chronicles and The Lucky Ones) and sort of neglected my own. For anyone who's got a spare couple of days…I definitely recommend reading both works. They definitely make me aspire to become a better writer who updates more often!

Kouga may be a little OOC, but I want to give this guy a little more than his Neanderthal persona from the original story.

I do not own the characters.

Chapter 7: School Supplies



Kikyo…Kagome knew you were supposed to love your family and all that, but sometimes she could hardly see how they were related. And what did she mean by `roomie'? Kagome hated doing it, but she lifted her head off of Inuyasha's muscular shoulder. You didn't have to send him away y'know. You had the perfect opportunity yesterday to make some sort of claim.



When was that?



Uh, hello, in your towel in the hall? He may not be every girl's dream of a boyfriend, but hanyou or not, there were some sparks. Plus, what guy is going to refuse a half-naked girl?



I didn't want to seem desperate.



Desperate? Is that what we're calling scared these days?



Whatever.



Don't whatever me. I won't say I told you so, but you practically forced him into Kikyo's bed.



Kagome cringed at that thought. Usually, her cousin's multiple bed partners had no effect on her, but this one, this one was different. She glanced at her cousin, meticulously looking her over.



Why wouldn't the boys like her? Kikyo took the dress code at St. Joe's more as a `suggestion' than actual truth. It was true that she did wear the requisite plaid skirt and white oxford shirt, but it always seemed that somehow her skirt was inches above everyone else's and her shirt didn't leave much to the imagination. Unlike Kagome, Kikyo took the time to blow dry her long black hair every morning. Kikyo did all the little girly things that Kagome had just never got around to doing.



“Mind if I sit down?” Kikyo purred.



No one answered her. Uninvited, she sat down on Inuyasha's other side.



Inuyasha could sense the tension between the two and wasn't sure where it was coming from. It reminded him of something he had seen once on the other side of the well. Usually the females of the species were passive and meek, but he had been on the outskirts of a village one day when he had seen two women face off. If only he could remember what they were fighting over…



Kikyo playfully tapped Inuyasha's bicep, “I said, what's up roomie?”



“Keh, I'm not sleeping on your room.”



Score! Kagome did her best to suppress a grin.



“Whatever…why do you want to sleep on the floor anyway?”



“No reason.”



Kikyo tried again, “Well, if you get cold tonight…”



Fortunately, for Kagome's gag reflexes, the bell rang again. Kagome had had enough of this little conversation; she got up and headed toward the school saying crisply, “Time to face the music. Later, cousin.”



Inuyasha cocked his head. Is she still angry from yesterday? He got up and, much to Kagome's surprise followed her in the school, “I'd better make sure you get to class ok, wench. Look what happens when I'm not there for two seconds.”



Kagome smiled to herself, admitting that she did feel more at ease with this crazy hanyou walking next to her. She may not know the inner workings of hanyous that time traveled, but she did know a thing or two about teenage guys. They walked in comfortable silence - an apology in the air - until Kagome reached her class. She looked into his golden eyes shyly, “So…?”



“What do you want, wench?”



“Are you going to Kikyo's tonight?” she asked innocently. Kagome knew that playing up the “scared girl” part might do something to convince Inuyasha to return to the Higurashi's this evening.



“Keh.”



“Keh yes or keh no?” Did I actually just say that?



Inuyasha grinned, “Keh.”



“See you at my car around 4 then. I have to sit through detention today,” Kagome waited a moment. As good a job as Inuyasha was doing conforming to living in the 2000's, she realized he probably didn't know how to tell time yet or what detention was. She looked at him again, catching his golden eyes and her heart skipped a beat, “Just tell Miroku you should be at my car at 4.”



Kagome smiled to herself, this day was turning out a lot better than she originally thought it was going to. As she slid into her seat, she was surprised when a voice said behind her, “I hope he's not your boyfriend.”



Kagome spun around, her cheeks reddening, “No, actually he's not.” When it rains, it pours.



Somehow, her savior from this morning and hot new guy of the school, Kouga had ended up in her class. He told her, “You know, this school is a lot larger than my last one. Would you mind giving me the grand tour later today?”



Kagome tried to play it cool, “Sure thing. As you were witness to, I have detention today, but how about before school tomorrow?”



“Looking forward to it. Just make sure to leave that pesky `friend' of yours behind,” Kouga said as he squeezed her hand and faced the teacher.



Kagome could only grin.



After school, Inuyasha waited impatiently at Kagome's devil machine and reflected on his past couple of days, Keh, things haven't been so bad. It was so strange in this place. No one seemed to notice that he was “different” here. He had been on the run for so long that he didn't realize what it was like to just be. The girls here especially confused him. They actually seemed to accept him for who he was, instead of running in fear. You don't think they would run if they saw your ears? Or you unleashed your claws?



Kagome didn't.



Quite the opposite, remember?



Inuyasha still couldn't believe the feelings he had when her hands had brushed his ears.



What if you had given her the chance to really touch them?



Inuyasha shivered. He sniffed the air and scented Kagome nearing the car. She was whistling a happy tune.



“You've seen that guy again, haven't you?” Inuyasha growled.



“Who? Kouga?”



“Yeah.”



“And if I have?”



“Well, you shouldn't.”



“Listen Inuyasha, things might be a little different where you came from, but here people are allowed to talk to whomever they want to. Now, if you'll get in the car we can go to the mall and get you some clothes that actually fit.”



“Keh.” Inuyasha got in the passenger's seat.



The rode in silence for a few minutes before Kagome asked, “Did you let Kikyo know you'd be staying at our place tonight?”



“No.”



“Are you staying at her place?” Kagome semi-growled.



“I'm considering it.”



“Hmph.”



“Keh.”



They pulled up to the mall. Inuyasha could only stare at the large structure in front of him. Was it a Palace? Did royalty live her?



Kagome rolled her eyes, “Come on, let's go. I hate this place.”



Kagome led him to a store called Express Men, “Yuck, we just have to get you some of the basics here. She pulled out khakis and oxford shirts that appeared to be in Inuyasha's size, “Go try these on. Let me know if they fit, but do NOT come out of the dressing room unless you have your cap on.”



Inuyasha scratched his head, “I hate this thing.”



“We're going to work on that next. Now go.”



Kagome waited for awhile, but, like her usually at the mall, didn't have a lot of patience. She walked over to the Express side of the store and wandered through. She was about to head back to the men's side of the store when she saw an awesome dress. She looked around, Wouldn't hurt to try it on. Inuyasha's obviously busy for the moment.



“Can I help you?”

Impulsively, Kagome quickly found her size and said, “I'd like to try this dress on, please.”



The saleswoman showed her to a dressing room. Kagome quickly undressed and put on the black and silver floaty, satin creation. (AN: I have NO idea and doubt seriously Express is selling anything like this in their store). She spun in the confines of the small dressing room.



“Hey wench!” the hanyou called from outside the door.



Inuyasha? What's he doing here?



Remember? The smell thing?



“Oh hey, I'll be out in just a minute.”



Another voice said, “Don't be shy, I'm sure you're boyfriend would love to see you in that dress.”



“Keh.”



Works for me. Kagome peeked out shyly before walking out of the dressing room. True to form, Inuyasha was sitting on the ground. When she walked by him to look at herself in the trio of mirrors, Inuyasha's mouth literally dropped open.



The saleswoman smiled and whispered loudly, “I think that means he likes it.”



Kagome looked at herself and twisted her hair up, wondering if that's how she would wear it. Wear it where exactly?



“If only I had an event to wear this thing.”



Inuyasha still had not gained the power of speech.



Kagome read Inuyasha's silence the wrong way, “You're right. I'll just put it back.”



Inuyasha growled, “You will do no such thing.”



Kagome lifted an eyebrow, “Really?”



“Keh.”



“Fine. Maybe I'll wear it to Homecoming.”



Kagome changed clothes in record time and took Inuyasha's clothes and The Dress to the register to pay. As Kagome got out her Mom's credit card (“for emergencies”) and paid, she realized Inuyasha was staring at her. As they walked out of the store, she said flirting, “Saw something you liked?”



“Things sure are different in this time.”



“Why is that?”



“You're telling me that classifies as a dress?”



“Sure does.”


“I think I like this time better.”



Kagome smiled.



Inuyasha cocked his head had her, “The wench in the store called me your `boyfriend,' what does that mean exactly? And what is a Homecoming?”



AN: It's been awhile…after the tone, please leave a review. BEEP!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

InuyashaGirl08 on May 30, 2006, 2:55:27 PM

InuyashaGirl08 on
InuyashaGirl08ooh Inuyasha says, "me like, me like." lol

sango_fan_1 on April 17, 2006, 10:08:34 AM

sango_fan_1 on
sango_fan_1wow i love this chapter!!:D