Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Coverup

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 8 - Coverup

Chapter 8 - Coverup




AN: Again, I have been distracting myself by reading other fanfics. D'oh!
BTW, Kouga is NOT a demon…Inuyasha would've sniffed that one out when he first met him.



I do NOT own the characters.




Chapter 8
: Coverup



Kagome wasn't exactly sure how to answer Inuyasha's questions.
Safest way to answer a question? Another question! She blurted out, “Would you like some jeans?”



Inuyasha looked at her strangely, “Is that supposed to be an answer, wench?”




“No, I uh, just wondered if you wanted some other clothes.”




“Why do I need so many clothes anyways? Why can't I just wear my robes every day?”




“You just can't. Things are different here.”




Things sure were different here.
Inuyasha had to shake his head to clear his mind of an image of Kagome in The Dress, “I'll say.”



They wandered into another store. Kagome looked through all of the jeans and couldn't find any style she liked, so she told Inuyasha, “Come on, we're going to the thrift store.”




As they drove over to the thrift store, Inuyasha said, “You never answered my question, wench. What if that dog in the store called me something demeaning? I should have a right to know!”




“Fine! Alright, but I don't think you're going to understand my answers.” Kagome couldn't deny the blush that was creeping up her cheek.
Which was easier to explain? She took a deep breath and started explaining, “A boyfriend is a special person in someone's life.”



“Keh, who needs anyone special? I've been okay on my own for this long.”




Kagome rolled her eyes, “Let me try and clarify then. In today's world, if there is someone you like more than a friend, and you agree to see each other exclusively, then you become boyfriend and girlfriend. Or boyfriend and boyfriend or girlfriend and girlfriend if that's what floats your boat.”




“See? What do you mean by that? Does having a boyfriend make you go blind or something?”




Kagome sighed, “No, it's just you see them socially and do other stuff…”




“What other stuff? What did that wench think we did?”




Kagome flushed deep red. She said quickly, “I don't know, hold hands and kiss and stuff.”




For once, the hanyou was silent and flushed an almost identical red to Kagome's.




He grumbled, “What is a Homecoming? Do you all just go home? That sounds dumb.”




“Woah there, Tiger. No one said you had to go.”




“I'm a dog hanyou.”




“Whatever. Homecoming is just some stupid dance that happens every year. It's mostly for the football team.”




“Why do you need a dress for it?”




Kagome cocked her head, “I don't know really. I guess you could wear whatever you wanted, but sometimes it's fun to get dressed up. If I had a boyfriend, I might go with him to the dance.”




“Keh.”




Kagome stuck her tongue out at him, “Well, no one's asking you anyway. Finally, we're here.”




“Where is here?”




“My favorite store, Last Chance Thrift. Let's go.”




They walked in and immediately Inuyasha felt more relaxed. The smells here were comforting, not like the harsh, new scents of the Mall. Kagome was already pulling out jeans for him and a few shirts. Inuyasha could smell the previous owners in each of the articles of clothing, but somehow it didn't bother him.
I'm just a hanyou anyway, I don't deserve anything new. Maybe that's why she took me here. He looked over at her; she was humming and pulling lots of clothes. She looked really happy.



Kagome looked over at Inuyasha and noticed he seemed suddenly downcast. Maybe I was too hard on him…She walked over and asked brightly, “I've got some stuff I think you'll really like.”



“Why would
I?”



“Umm, because I didn't think you liked that stuff at the Mall too much?”




“No other reason?” he said gruffly.




“It's cheaper here which means more money to have fun later?” Kagome's brown eyes were wide with innocence.




“Keh.”




“Come on then, Tiger.”




“I told you, it's Dog, wench.”




“I think Tiger suits you better.”




Kagome waited outside as Inuyasha tried on clothes in the tiny room. Since she didn't get to see how he looked at the mall she stayed planted in front of the dressing room.




“You done yet?”




There was a growl from behind the curtain.




“Fine, fine.
You know,” Kagome said while inspecting her nails, “Even I didn't take that long.”



Inuyasha snapped back,
“That's cause you weren't wearing that much, wench.”



Kagome smiled to herself, “Whatever.”




Inuyasha came out of the dressing room with his arms crossed, “Whatever.”




Kagome's breath was momentarily taken away. Sure, it was just jeans and a white t-
shirt, but combined with Inuyasha's long platinum hair, it was like he was born to wear the outfit. His large biceps, broad shoulders, and pectoral muscles pulled the t-shirt tight and the jeans were snug in all the right places. I just have to make sure the girls at school NEVER get to see him like this.



Inuyasha was impatient, “And?”



Kagome practically had to wipe the drool off of her mouth, “It
'll do.”



Inuyasha sniffed curiously at Kagome.
I guess her smell isn't lying. She must like something about it. “Keh. It's better than those other clothes.”



“What do you think about the shirt?”




“Are you sure guys in this time where things so tight?




“Yes, they do, but it you want we'll find you a bigger shirt. I wasn't exactly sure of your, um, size.”
Why does everything I say to him sound so pornographic?

“Keh.”



We're back on that, are we? “Well let's go then, I want to get home and experiment on your ears before Mom gets home.”



Back at the Higuarashi house, Kagome had assembled a number of products and devices meant to hold down Inuyasha's puppy ears.




“Explain again to me wench, why I have to hide them anyway?”




Kagome was fixated on his ears, “People will take you away.”




“I'll kill them.”




Kagome rolled her eyes, “Precisely our problem, Tiger. People don't go around killing in this time.”




“That's cause you're all weak humans.”




You call it weak; I say it's that we value each life.”



“Keh.”




“Anyway, unless you've got some sort of magical concealment thing hidden in your robes, we're going to have to do something about the ears.”




“OUCH!”




Kagome looked at the hanyou strangely, “
I haven't even done anything yet. What are you griping about?”



“Myoga!”



“What does that mean?”




Inuyasha held his palm out flat. Sitting on his hand was a small flea looking thing. Kagome looked at it, “That's a Myoga?”




“Yes.”




“Inuyasha-sama, please forgive me. I couldn't find you anywhere!”




“Did you ever consider
that I didn't want to be found?”



“Sorry.”




“What are you doing here anyway?”




“I've brought you something.”




“Well go ahead. What is it?”




“You're not the first in the family to travel through time. I thought you might require something that would alter your appearance.”




“Keh.”




The small flea man pulled something out of his pocket. It appeared to be a very small vial.



Kagome and Inuyasha inched in closer to try and see what was in the jar. Without realizing it, they were almost cheek to cheek. Kagome's chocolate eyes looked at Inuyasha's very intent and golden ones and she flushed and backed off.




Myoga cleared his throat, “First, for this powder to work, I will require one of your fangs.”




Kagome drew a deep breath, “Don't do
it, Inuyasha!”



Inuyasha rolled his eyes, “Glad you're so concerned for my safety
, wench. It's nothing; it'll heal by morning,” he looked at the flea, “Why do you need my fang?”



“By mixing this powder with your fang, the concealment will have an anchor
and the spell will hold.”



Kagome burst out, “How much is it going to change his image?”




Myoga said, “Nothing
too drastic. Just the ears, claws, and fangs will become invisible to the rest of the population. If you take off or become separated from the fang, your true identity will be shown.”



POP!




“Here you go.”




Kagome reached out and grabbed Inuyasha's
arm, “Are you ok?”



Inuyasha heard something he had never heard before, true concern, “Keh, I'm fine. Remember, I'm not a weak human like you?”



Kagome blushed, “Yeah, I get it.”




Inuyasha put his fang on his hand and Myoga opened the tiny vial and sprinkled it on the fang. Within seconds, Inuyasha's claws shrunk, his fangs retracted, and the ears disappeared. Inuyasha looked over and saw the look of disappointment on Kagome's face, “What's the matter? Didn't it work?”




Kagome sighed, “Yes, I just liked you better before.”




“Make up your mind, wench!”




“Don't wench me. I'm just saying. I prefer to see you as you really are.”




“Well, if everyone felt like you did then I guess we wouldn't have a problem, would we?”




How did we start fighting again?
“It's not my fault things are the way they are!”



“Keh.”



“Well, anyway, problem solved. You now have the supplies you need to be a semi-normal member of society.”




Inuyasha could've sworn he heard a sad tone in her voice, “Trying to get rid of me?”




“What?”




“You think it's so easy to get rid of me, well, remember I made a promise to protect you and unlike you weak humans, this Inuyasha is going to live up to his promise!”




AN: Pardon the author for having a drool moment herself picturing Inuyasha in a white t-shirt and jeans. Back to school in the next chapter!
R+R please!












Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

inukag4ever306 on April 25, 2009, 10:30:52 AM

inukag4ever306 on
inukag4ever306yeah ...drool

InuyashaGirl08 on May 30, 2006, 3:02:08 PM

InuyashaGirl08 on
InuyashaGirl08I can totally picture inuyasha in that...i would drool too! :-P

sango_fan_1 on April 17, 2006, 10:23:24 AM

sango_fan_1 on
sango_fan_1awwwwwwwwwwww so sweeeeeeet!!