Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Some Enchanted Evening

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 9 - Some Enchanted Evening

Chapter 9 - Some Enchanted Evening




AN: Love, love that I'm getting some reviews on this story! Thanks for the support.



I do not own the characters.



Chapter 9: One Enchanted Evening



Kagome smiled, glad that Inuyasha was going to stay in her life for awhile. She grabbed hold of Inuyasha's hand, “Come here and look at yourself.”



She led him over to the bathroom. Inuyasha, who had really only known himself through reflections in pools and ponds, looked at himself in the large mirror. He put his fingers up to the glass and didn't see his claws. He touched his head and while he felt his ears, he couldn't see them. Finally, he opened his mouth and ran his tongue over his fangs, which were also absent. Is that what I really look like? He said quietly, “But that's not me.”



Kagome asked softly, “Do you really want to stay here? I'm sure we can ask your friend Mr. Myoga about how to get you home.”



Inuyasha placed the fang on the countertop and immediately his fangs, claws, and ears reappeared. He examined himself again. This is me. A damn hanyou. A filthy half breed. Looking in the mirror he saw Kagome looking at his reflection and locked eyes with her in the mirror, she looked away blushing.



Inuyasha said gruffly, “No. I want to stay here awhile longer.”



Kagome reached out and very tentatively touched his ear, “I'm glad.”



“Hey sis!” her brother was calling from somewhere in the house.



Kagome groaned. Way to ruin the moment bro! “Yes, Souta?”



“Where are you?”



“Upstairs.”



“Is Inuyasha here?”



“Yes,” Kagome looked at Inuyasha and said quietly, “When it's just you and me, I don't mind if you don't have the fang.”



“Keh,” Inuyasha looked over to where the flea was waiting patiently, "You're dismissed for now, Myoga."



"Certainly Inuyasha-sama."



The flea jumped off, probably in search of his next meal. Kagome could hear her brother running up the stairs, "Uh...Inuyasha?"



The hanyou reached over and picked up the fang, instantly changing into a human version of his hanyou self.



Souta came bursting in, “Hey Inuyasha!”



For some unexplained reason, Souta had, after meeting Inuyasha for about 4 seconds, completely attached himself to the new man around the house. Kagome thought it was cute. Inuyasha found it annoying.



Souta looked at Inuyasha inquisitively, “There's something different about you.”



“Yeah?” Inuyasha and Kagome shared a look. Had Souta already figured out Inuyasha's concealment?



“Where's your baseball hat?”



Kagome breathed a sigh of relief, “The school won't let him wear it any more.”



“Plus it was making my ears—“



Kagome burst out, “It was irritating his ears for some reason.”



Souta shrugged and asked hopefully, “You're staying here tonight, right Inuyasha?”



“I guess.”



Souta looked at the pair again, then announced, “I'm making a snack. You guys want anything?”



Inuyasha's golden eyes got big, “I'll take some of that ramen your mom made yesterday.”



Souta gave him a strange look, but said smiling, “Sure thing. That's what I'll have too!”



0000000000000



Later that night, Kagome went to Inuyasha's room to collect her father's clothes. Looking around the room, she couldn't spot the hanyou anywhere. Sighing, she thought he's not here…probably went back to Kikyo's. When she had finished folding the pants and shirt, she looked up and saw Inuyasha sitting in the window and almost jumped out of her skin. Seeing his ears and claws, he obviously didn't have the fang on him.



“You scared me!”



Inuyasha had seen the sad look on her face when she folded the clothing, “What's wrong with you, wench?”



Kagome sat down heavily on the bed, “Nothing. I just keep thinking he's going to come back.”



Inuyasha thought back to his initial smells of the house. He hadn't scented an alpha male, which had been very strange to him, but he hadn't wanted to ask about it. He said gruffly, “Who?"



"My father."



"What happened?”



“It was cancer, last year. Sometimes I think Mama hasn't accepted it. These clothes are…well, neither of us can get rid of them just yet.”



Inuyasha could smell she was on the verge of tears. He sat down next to her and admitted, “At least you had a few years with your father; I never really knew mine at all.”



Kagome sniffed, “It doesn't make it any easier.”



Inuyasha nodded, “I know.”



Kagome sniffled and said, “I think Mama's thinking about having our grandfather come and live with us…to make things easier for all of us.”



“Keh.”



Kagome was desperate to change the subject, “So…where were you just now?”



Inuyasha remained silent.



“Oh…so I guess you were over at Kikyo's…” Kagome got up to leave.



“For your information wench, I was not at Kikyo's.”



“It's fine Inuyasha, if you were,” she looked away so he wouldn't be able to see the look on her face.



“Do you want to see where I was?”



Kagome said hesitantly, “Yes.”



Inuyasha crossed his arms, “Well, get on.”



“Get on, what?”



“My back, wench. You think I picked some place some humans could just automatically get to? For your information, I have better instincts than that.”



“Ok."



Kagome walked over and jumped on Inuyasha's back. He was wearing his red robes again, which against Kagome's bare legs, felt quite nice. As if she weighed nothing, he walked over to the windowsill and jumped out into the night. Kagome's breath was cut off as he bounded through the trees. The forest was just a blur as they sped through her family's property. Then they were going up and up and finally came to rest in the top of a tree. Kagome got down shakily off of the hanyou's back and looked down.



“Don't tell me you're afraid of heights.”



The wind picked up at the moment and caused the branch they were standing on to sway. Kagome reached out and grabbed frantically at Inuyasha, putting her arms around his waist. Inuyasha chuckled, “Grabby wench.”



He sat down, his back against the might trunk of the tree. Kagome looked around, unsure where she should sit.



“Come on, wench.”



Kagome leaned up against him and took a mental snapshot of herself. Age 16...wearing a black tank top, my ratty sleep shorts in a big tree at night with some half demon in ceremonial garb. Even three stories off the ground, she suddenly found herself very sleepy. As she drifted off she said, "You'll watch out?"



"I'll stay up and protect you, wench."



"S'pretty up here...you can see the stars..." mumbled Kagome.



"Keh."



"Night 'Yasha."



"Night Kagome," it was barely more than a whisper.



You weren't going to sleep that much anyway, were you?



Hanyous don't need to sleep.



Just going to sit up here and NOT think about how great she smells or how much she's NOT wearing.



Something like that...



Good luck with that one.



At that moment, the wind shifted again, bringing a cool breeze through the forest. Kagome tried to burrow deeper into Inuyasha's arms and haori. Looking down at the sleeping girls in his arms, Inuyasha could only wonder,

What have I gotten myself into?



00000000000



The next morning, Kagome found herself in her own bed and wondered if the previous evening had been a dream.



Do you want it to be a dream?



Kagome hugged her arms around herself, No...he can take me to his tree any night he wants.



She laughed and got ready for school.



000000000000



Kagome had gotten so wrapped up in Inuyasha's new look and the previous night she had completely forgotten about the `tour' she was supposed to give Kouga that morning. As they drove to the school, Kagome looked over at the `new' Inuyasha. It was amazing the difference well fitting clothes could make. Guess I'll just have to get him alone as much as possible…



Kagome, you did NOT just think that.



Hello? Get your mind out of the gutter. I meant, I would get him alone so he could be more comfortable. Sheesh.



Sure. That is totally the reason.



I am just looking out for him. He obviously hates the disguise.



Whatever…



Kagome interrupted her own thoughts, “I have to show someone around this morning.”



“Keh.”



If he's not asking who, I'm definitely not going to tell him. “By myself.”



“No.”



“I'll be fine. He's harmless.”



“He?”



“Oops.”



“Now I'm definitely coming with you, wench.”



“You don't want to see what Miroku's up to?”



“Not particularly.”



“Fine.”



Kagome held her breath as Inuyasha followed her into the school, grumbling the entire way.



Inuyasha tried not to notice as Kouga's eyes light up when he saw Kagome approaching. He growled low, “That is the bastard you're taking on a tour?”



Kagome spun around, “You got a problem with that?”



“Not as long as I'm there.”



“Not as long as you're where?” asked Kikyo, who had intercepted the pair before they reached Kouga.



Kagome gritted her teeth. There was no real way out of this one. She could leave Inuyasha with Kikyo, but definitely did not want to risk that, or she could try and bring Inuyasha with her while she showed Kouga the school. Going against her better judgment, she asked her cousin, “Can you make sure Inuyasha gets to class on time?”



Kikyo's eyes lit up, “I'd be happy to.”



Inuyasha literally put his foot down, “I think not.”



Kagome tucked her arm under Inuyasha's, “I'll be fine.”



“I don't like it.”



Kagome smiled. “I'll see you soon,” she had to resist an urge to kiss his cheek, “I'm sure you can do a good job looking after Kikyo.” Why did I just say that? I'm putting ideas in his head!



"You can look after me any time," Kikyo said seductively, before pulling Inuyasha in the opposite direction.



Kagome watched the pair walk away before she strolled over to Kouga. He offered his arm, which she took giggling. There was something different about Kouga that set him apart from the rest of the guys at her school. Not only did he totally save her @$$ yesterday, he wasn't bad to look at either. He was all polish and charm, where Inuyasha was all gruff and rough edges.



“Lead on milady.”



Only you Higurashi.



Only me what?



Trust you to find two guys unlike anyone else and then end up liking them both.



I do not like—



Is it just me, or is your hand sweating?



It's hot in here!



Well, all I can say is, you go girl!





AN: A fluffy chapter...for future chapters: Which High School sport do you see Inuyasha playing? Soccer? Football? Swimming? Let me know!




Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MartinaM89 on November 25, 2005, 10:22:14 PM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89A great story! How about some martial arts?;-)

AMZRaven on November 25, 2005, 7:35:35 PM

AMZRaven on
AMZRavenpersonally. i wouldnt mind seeing inuyasha play footbal. and he could kick Naraku's but. hehehe. Oh I Love this story. Please keep writing! and if you have time, can you check out my story "a tale of kaghsa" plase?
Keep Writing!!

inu_fan1995 on November 25, 2005, 5:15:55 AM

inu_fan1995 on
inu_fan1995you have got to write more this is such a good story *adds to faves* and i see inuyasha playing football

dark_inu_lover on November 11, 2005, 3:24:49 AM

dark_inu_lover on
dark_inu_loveryaaaay^^ you rock go you^^