Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Prince Charming

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 10 - Prince Charming

Chapter 10 - Prince Charming


Apologies…I've been a bad author, but cut me some slack…it's hard to write every day when you're on the road and go to 5 cities in 14 days.



AN: I do not own the characters.



Chapter 10: Prince Charming



Kagome and Kouga made their way around the school. Classmates who passed by gossiped among themselves what a cute couple the pair would be. Kagome, with her long raven hair and tall, muscular Kouga looked like they could take over as the new “it” couple at the school. Kagome was delighted, and a little shocked, to see that while Kouga possessed many of the traits that the guys in her school had, he was also very intelligent and had a great sense of humor. Also, like Inuyasha, he had a great confidence about himself. That was the thing that annoyed her the most about Hojo…he was always so nervous around her.



They were almost to Kagome's 1st period classroom when the conversation turned where to Kouga's background.



“So, you're really on your own?” Kagome was shocked to learn.



“Yeah.”



“That sucks.”



“It does and it doesn't. Fortunately, for me I have A LOT of extended family to keep me company.”



“Well, I guess that makes it better.” As much as I complain about Mom and Souta, I would be lost without them.



“It also doesn't hurt that I'm a Prince.”



Kagome tripped over herself, then laughed, “I'm sorry, I thought you said you were a Prince.”



Kouga stopped and stared intently at her with those bright blue eyes of his, “I am.”



Kagome managed to sputter, “Of what country?!”



“Does it matter?”



Kagome thought a moment, “Honestly, it doesn't. I'm just surprised I guess…I never thought I would meet an actual Prince.” You also never thought you would meet a cute half demon, but I guess that changed too. Kagome realized Kouga was looking at her strangely, “So, I guess, what are you doing here then? I mean, there's got to be more interesting places than St. Joe's Academy.”



She and Kouga started walking again. Kouga answered, “There's a few things I wanted to get away from for awhile. Plus, I need to be educated and I heard this school was a good one,” he squeezed her hand, “I don't think I'm going to mind it here so much.”



I wonder what he's hiding from…Kagome put on her best smile, “Well, I'm glad you're here.”



Kouga said huskily, “I am too.”



Way to lead him on Kagome!! I thought it was Inuyasha you really liked.



I do! It's just…



Hello? Remember the tree? It was only last night!



I know, I know.



Don't tell me the Prince thing is actually weighing into this.



No, but…



So go to class already.



For once Kagome agreed with her subconscious. She didn't want to lead Kouga anywhere…just yet. “Well, I hope you enjoyed your tour of the school. I really have to get to class now.”



“Let me escort you, it's the least I can do.”



Inuyasha is definitely NOT going to like this.



Kagome squeaked, “Ok.”



They walked in pleasant silence to Kagome's classroom, where her girlfriends were waiting for her. Their eyes got big when they saw the tall dark and handsome newcomer with her.



Kouga leaned down and whispered in her ear in plain sight of everyone, “I'd appreciate if you kept the Prince thing between just us for awhile. I want to get to know everyone before I decide to tell them.”



“Sure thing.” The position of Kouga's mouth so close to her ear sent goosebumps down Kagome's spine.



“Later.”



Kouga strolled coolly away, looking like a million bucks in his Brooks Brothers khakis and Polo oxford shirt. The second he turned the corner, the girls began exploding with questions.



Eri burst out, “When were you planning on telling us about him?”



Ayumi giggled, “Are you wearing pheromones or something, because that's got to be a new record!”



Yuka asked, “What did he just tell you?”



Kagome flushed, “What are you talking about?”



Eri smiled, “Earth to Kagome? Inuyasha, and now Kouga. Seriously, what's up? Is Hojo not enough?”



Kagome picked at a piece of lint on her skirt, “First of all, Hojo and I were never really anything, so that doesn't even count. Second, technically, hello? I'm still single. It's like anyone is officially my boyfriend or anything.”



Ayumi asked, “Well, which one do you want to be your boyfriend?”



Eri smiled, “It's only fair. You can't take both of the school's most eligible bachelors.”



Kagome just smiled dreamily, “I'm not sure yet.”



Yuka said, “You'd better make up your mind. I'm sure your cousin won't be far behind to pick up whoever you don't take.”



Kikyo and Inuyasha had not gone far when Miroku intercepted them. Miroku quickly interjected himself into the conversation, “Hey Kikyo!”



Kikyo looked bored, “Hello Miroku.”



The three walked along in awkward silence.



Miroku nudged Kikyo, “Mind if I borrow him for a few minutes?”



“N-“



“Thanks!” Miroku dragged Inuyasha in the opposite direction.



Inuyasha looked at Miroku strangely, “What was that for?”



“Listen man, we've got to get you involved in this school. Can you play any sports?”



“Sports?” Inuyasha looked strangely at him.



Miroku seemed to gloss over the fact that the hanyou had no idea what he was talking about, “Now myself, I'm a swimming and diving guy. Do you know why that is?”



“No.”



“I get to see girls in bathing suits all season man! It's the best. Plus, that's what team Sango is on, so I had to do something to get closer to her. You know?”



“Yeah?” Inuyasha hoped this was the right answer.



“Anyway, I'm not sure what you'd be good at…”



Inuyasha thought a moment, “Do you have anything with swords?”



Miroku gave serious Inuyasha a once over, “Martial arts or fencing?”



“Not sure.”



Miroku scratched his head, “Well, unfortunately, I don't have any strings to pull with that team, so how do you feel about track and field?”



“Keh.”



“Kagome's been known to do archery…”



“Well…” I guess I could keep an eye on her.


“Meet me after school and I'll introduce you to the Captain. I'm they'll be able to find something for you.”



“If you say so.”



Miroku steered Inuyasha down the hall to where Kagome and her friends were talking, “See you later.”



The girls noticed as Kagome brightened noticeably. Even with all the other scents of the school, Inuyasha could smell her from down the hall, and he didn't like what he was also smelling on her.



Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's arm and dragged her into the classroom, “What were you doing with…him?”



Kagome rolled her eyes, the hanyou's tough guy act may work with some people, but she wasn't intimidated, “I just showed him around.”



Inuyasha growled low.



“I can show you around if you want.”



“Don't do me any favors.”



“Fine.”



“Fine.”



Kagome got out her books and pretended to review the pages. Why do we always end up fighting?



After school, Kagome set up her practice target and began shooting. Something was prickling the back of her mind. Yuka's comment earlier… I'm sure your cousin won't be far behind to pick up whoever you don't take was really irritating her. For some reason or another, it seemed like Kagome found herself constantly wishing that Kikyo would just suddenly transfer to another school.



Why do you feel that way?



Kagome wished she had an answer to that. It hadn't been long ago when she and Kikyo had been inseparable. Then, Kagome's father had gotten ill and it seemed that when she went to reach out for her best friend, Kikyo had already moved on and was too busy with her string of boyfriends to pay much attention to her. Kagome's mother had noticed that her daughter and niece rarely hung out any more and had tried multiple times to get an answer out of Kagome.



Is there really an answer?



The arrival of Inuyasha had brought all of the old feelings up. Kagome respected that everyone had their own life to lead and tried her best not to judge her promiscuous cousin.



But why Inuyasha? Why him? She can have anyone else.



Maybe if you just talked to her. Let her know how you feel.



Yeah right. We lost the ability to have a normal conversation long ago.



You never know.



Kagome was still deep in concentration with her bow and arrow and almost jumped out of her skin when she felt a familiar presence behind her.



Inuyasha laughed, a deep rumble, “At least you're not pointing that thing at me.”



Kagome smiled, glad they were speaking normally again, “Ha ha. What are you doing out here anyway?”



“Something Miroku talked me into.”



Kagome looked at him a moment, taking in how cute he looked in his green basketball shorts and white “St. Joe's Academy” t-shirt, “Well, a word of advice then.”



“Keh?”



“I have two words for you: long jump.”



“What is that supposed to mean?”



“Just take my word for it. You could be awesome at it.”



“Really?” Inuyasha tried to keep the hope out of his voice. It had been a long time since he had heard anyone have any confidence in him.



“I mean it. In fact, I'm a little worried that you're going to do too well.”



Gold eyes flashed, “What does that mean?”



Kagome counted to ten before responding, “Just hold back a little.”



“Well, I don't see why. I can't help it if humans are inferior to hanyous.”



“You could wreck your cover and then where would you be?”



“Keh.”



“How about this, hold back as a personal favor to me and I'll take you for ice cream after practice?” You think that's going to work Kagome. He's not a four year old.



“Food? You're trying to bribe me with food?”



Kagome hung her head, “Yes.”



“How about something else?”



“Which is?”

“Let me think about that.”



AN: Please leave me some love.




Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Saintstar101 on January 6, 2007, 9:17:39 AM

Saintstar101 on
Saintstar101I pick Inuyasha over K

FullDemonInuRocks on February 1, 2006, 4:05:41 AM

FullDemonInuRocks on
FullDemonInuRocksi agree inuyasha is way cuter!!!!

MartinaM89 on January 6, 2006, 4:28:32 AM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89That is cute:-) Personally, I would choose InuYasha;-)