Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Rumors

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 12 - Rumors

Chapter 12 - Rumors


AN: Let me just clear something up. I'm a BIG fan of seeing Inuyasha and Kagome get together. That being said, as a wise man once said, “it's not all flowers and sausages.” So, just let the story happen and eventually, we'll all get to a happy ending. Unless, of course, you're a Kikyo fan and then I really can't promise you anything…



I do NOT own the characters.



Chapter 13: Rumors



Kagome's dark brown eyes looked down and around and anywhere but at Kouga. She really didn't know how to answer the question.



I'm flattered he asked…



But?



It doesn't feel right.



Are you going to wait around for some half dog half human to do ask you out? He doesn't even know what a date is.



You're right.



I know I'm right. Cute hanyou that he may be…Kouga is actually apologizing and attempting to make nice.



He is kind of groveling.



Kouga looked at her, his white teeth gleaming, his blue eyes sparkling…waiting for an answer.



He's pretty cute when he grovels. Just think, one day you can tell your kids you went out with a Prince…



Kagome blurted out, “Yes.”



“Really?” Kouga sounded surprised.



Kagome said brightly, “I'd love to.”



Kouga grinned broadly and started walking away, “Just be ready at 7.”



Kagome asked, “How do you know where I live?”



Winking, Kouga said confidently, “Never underestimate a Prince.”



The second after he turned the corner, out of nowhere, Kagome's girlfriends surrounded her.



Eri asked, “Did you just agree to go on a date with Kouga?”



Kagome nodded, wondering where her friends had been hiding during her exchange with Kouga.



Yuka asked, “Does that mean you don't want to go out with Inuyasha?”



Kagome didn't really trust her voice at the moment, so she shrugged noncommitedly.



Ayumi asked, “Where is he taking you?”



Kagome shrugged again. Her friends looked at her, exasperated looks on their faces.



Eri smiled, “C'mon, Kags, you have to tell us something. Why did he ask you?”



Kagome sighed, there was no hiding from her friends. Taking a deep breath, she told them, “Inuyasha and Kouga got into a bit of a scuffle at football practice yesterday—“



Yuka exclaimed, “They got into a fight? Over you?”



Kagome smacked her hand on her face, “No. I'm sure what they fought about. Anyway, Kouga felt bad, so he just apologized and then asked me out.”



Ayumi sighed, “Hojo is going to be so heartbroken.”



In all the Inuyasha and Kouga commotion, Kagome had completely forgotten about her former “flame.” She should probably have a conversation with him before all this got out.



Kagome began walking away, “I'm going to be late to class.”



Eri shouted after her, “Wacdonald's on Sunday?”



Yuka said, “We want the details!”



Kagome flashed a thumbs up and turned the corner, wishing there was some way she could only go to school every couple weeks or so.



By lunch, it seemed the entire school knew that beautiful and formerly unattainable Kagome Higurashi had agreed to go out with the new student Kouga. Other rumors currently circulating St. Joseph's Academy for Gifted Young Men and Women included: Inuyasha had beaten the school record for the 40 yard dash as well as the high jump, Kouga had beaten up Inuyasha so badly that the new silver haired student was in the ICU, Kagome had beaten up both Inuyasha and Kouga, Inuyasha was a shoe in to play receiver for the football team and was already being recruited by the NFL, and that Kikyo and Inuyasha were seeing each other.



As Kagome walked through the cafeteria, she could feel everyone's eyes on her and quickly found Inuyasha sitting by himself.



Inuyasha looked around, “What's the matter with everyone?” He lowered his voice, “Are my ears showing?”



Kagome shook her head, “It's not that.”



Inuyasha looked appeased, “I was thinking about—“



Miroku came striding over, sat down, and promptly interrupted Inuyasha. He said winking at Kagome, “What's this I hear about you going out with Kouga?”



A pair of golden eyes looked directly at Kagome.



Kagome fiddled with her juice box, “Um…”



Miroku opened his bag of chips and began munching, “Word is he's taking you out Saturday night to some exclusive restaurant.”



Inuyasha growled, “Really?”



Kagome pretended to be very interested with her chips, “Really? Um, well, I might have agreed to go out with him.”



“Keh. What does `going out; even mean?”



Kagome was saved for a moment when Pretty Sango slid into the seat next to Kagome, “It means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Isn't that right, Kagome?”



Kagome smiled, “Exactly.”



Those golden eyes didn't stop staring. Inuyasha dropped his voice low, “And what does it mean to you, Kagome?”



Goosebumps flew down Kagome's arms, “Um…well, in this case, it's a way for me to get to know Kouga better?”



Miroku, oblivious to everything, nudged the hanyou, and said suggestively, “Get to know better, huh?”



Sango reached across the table and scuffed Miroku across his head.



“Oww! What'd you do that for?”



“For being an idiot. Kagome, would you like to join me outside for some more intelligent conversation?”



Kagome smiled, “I'd love to.”



The girls stood up and walked out of the cafeteria and onto the school's expansive Quad.



Inuyasha and Miroku watched the girls walk away. Inuyasha didn't realize he was squeezing his can of soda until it exploded all over him and Miroku.



Miroku noticed the new guy's frustration, “What's wrong, man? You're not jealous are you?”



“Jealous?” Inuyasha asked. It was not a word he had heard before.



“You know? The green eyed monster?”



Inuyasha looked at his new acquaintance even more strangely, “You think I'm a monster?”



“Not per se, but I've seen some people turn ugly when they got jealous.”



Inuyasha still wasn't exactly sure what Miroku was speaking about.



Miroku, totally oblivious, said, “Let me give you some advice.”



The hanyou nodded, he was definitely in a place where he had no idea what was going on.



“If you like Kagome—“



“I do NOT `like'—“



Miroku grinned, “Sure you don't. I'm just saying if you do like Kagome, maybe you should give her a taste of her own medicine.”



Inuyasha looked completely confused.



“Ask out another girl. Make her jealous. Show her that you don't care if she goes out with another guy.”



Inuyasha looked at his blunt nails and said quietly, “Who would want to go out with me?”

Miroku thought about the girls in the school, “Hmmm…how about Kikyo? She seems like she would be interested.”



“What does one do when one `goes out'?”



Miroku was quiet a moment. He didn't want Inuyasha to know that for all his talk, he really knew nothing about the fairer sex. He had never been on a date…but it definitely hadn't been for lack of trying.



Inuyasha looked at him, “Hello?”



Miroku smiled, “You take a girl out, pay for something to do together and hopefully at the end of the night…” Miroku made loud kissing noises.



Inuyasha flushed red, then thought a moment and growled, “And that's what Kagome and Kouga are going to do on Saturday?”



Miroku nodded.



Outside Kagome and Sango sat down on a bench.



Sango saw that Kagome was obviously struggling with something. So she said, “Can you believe those guys?”



Kagome had to know, “Did you think Inuyasha looked mad at all while we were talking about Kouga?”



Sango shrugged her shoulders, “I don't know really. I didn't come up until after you guys had been talking awhile.” She waited a moment, “Do you want him to be?”



“Be what?”



“Earth to Kagome? Mad? Or jealous?”



Kagome smiled at her friend, “Maybe?”



“Really?”



“I don't know. It's weird, I mean a week ago, I didn't want to have anything to do with the guys at school and now…”



“Well, lucky you. At least both the guys interested in you aren't total pervs…”



“Miroku's not that bad. I mean he worships the ground you walk on.”



“Yeah, and every other girl at this school.”



“Well…”



“Anyway, are you excited to go out with Kouga?”



Kagome didn't really know how to answer. She felt a lot of emotions, but she wasn't sure excitement was one of them. She changed the subject abruptly, “Are you going to the game tonight?”



Sango rolled her eyes, annoyed at her friend's duck and weave technique, “I don't know yet. I have to get up early for swim practice tomorrow. Are you?”



Kagome smiled and said, “After this week, all I want to do tonight is get in my fat pants and hang out…by myself.”



Sango twirled a blade of grass, “So…you didn't answer my question. Do you want Inuyasha to care?”



Kagome looked down and said quietly, “Yes.”



Sango rolled her eyes, “Then why did you agree to go out with Kouga?”



Kagome sighed, “I don't know.”



“You're kind of sending mixed signals, don't you think?”




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sango_fan_1 on April 17, 2006, 11:23:12 AM

sango_fan_1 on
sango_fan_1omg i love this story *favs*