Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - First Date(s)

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 13 - First Date(s)

Chapter 13 - First Date(s)


I'm back and ready to get my write on. I'm coming up on a long term temp assignment, so as of January 23rd, I should have plenty of time to write! (Good thing too, it's tough working on three completely different stories simultaneously). So anyway, get used to some more timely updates with this story and, with all the 8 million Inuyasha fanfics out there, thanks for sticking with this one so far!

Song lyrics from “With or Without You” by U2.

And yes, Kouga is getting further and further OOC. It's my story, I can make him act and say whatever I want. Neener!

AN: I do not own the characters.

Chapter 13: First Date(s)

Kagome made it through the rest of school that day and mentally tried to prepare herself for what classes would be like on Monday AFTER the highly anticipated date.

Seriously, the people in this school need to get a life.

Or at least get someone's other than mine…

The raven-haired beauty tried her best to ignore Inuyasha during class breaks, and especially tried to ignore the fact that he seemed to be spending those precious minutes with Kikyo.
With the Kouga date a little over 24 hours away and further distracted by Inuyasha, Kagome jumped in surprise when she closed her locker and saw Hojo standing there before the last class of the day.

“Oh Hojo, hey there,” Kagome said lamely.

Hojo looked like he was about to explode, he burst out, “I thought we had something, Kagome! I thought we had something special!”

“Hojo—“

“And now I hear you're going out with that new guy? What does that mean?”

How do I make him understand? “Hojo, it's not what you think—“

“It sounds like a date, Kagome. Are you going to try and tell me it's anything else?”

Do I do this the hard way or the nice way?

The nice way! Hojo doesn't deserve to be crushed!


Kagome swallowed and said, “Actually, it is something else.”

Hojo lost the spark of anger he had. His eyes got large and hopeful, “Really?”

“Really.”

“You promise?”

As Hojo no longer looked like someone had kicked his puppy, Kagome couldn't tell him what it really was, “I promise.”

“So, you want to go out next week?”

Kagome sighed, “I'll think about it.”

Hojo reached out and impulsively hugged Kagome before walking down the hall.


Kagome muttered to the almost deserted hallway, “Why me?”

Kagome and Inuyasha were quiet on the way home from school that day. Inuyasha had no idea what to say to Kagome and Kagome was trying to come up with excuses she could give the hanyou as to why exactly she accepted the date with Kouga.

Umm…I'm going out with him because…because…

Because I think he's cute and for once can't I just be a normal teenager?

Do you really want to tell Mr. Goldeneyes that you think Kouga is cute?

No, he'll probably ask for a definition of the word.

Just tell him to look in a mirror.

I do NOT think Inuyasha is cute.

Sure, whatever. Maybe you should ask him what he was doing with Kikyo all afternoon.

I'd really rather not.

Neither Inuyasha nor Kagome appeared too interested in breaking the silence, so Kagome reached over and turned up the radio. She cringed when the lyrics to the song came on and hoped Inuyasha was somehow not listening to the music.

“Through the storm we reach the shore

You give it all but I want more

And I'm waiting for you



With or without you

With or without you

I can't live

With or without you.”

As Inuyasha started inexplicably humming along with the song, Kagome realized he probably
was listening to the lyrics and hoped he wouldn't understand what they meant.

“This song sounds nothing like the music we have back home,” Inuyasha scoffed.



“What do you mean?” Kagome was a little defensive, as U2 was one of her favorite bands.



“First of all, most songs we have don't have words and if they do have words they tell a story.”



“I think this one does tell a story.”



“Keh.”



Kagome sighed, she really wasn't prepared to get into the finer points of rock bands and what their lyrics meant, “What don't you get?”



“With or without you? Whoever's singing this song obviously can't win. Why would he sing about a situation he's going to lose?”



Kagome must've heard the song a hundred times and had considered the lyrics, but never quite like that. She had always liked to think of the “With you” ending of the song.



Kagome sighed, “I don't know. I guess you'd have to be in a situation like the singer was to really understand it. If you've never been able to be `with or without' someone, well, then it wouldn't strike a chord with you.”



“I guess.”



The following day, Kagome looked at her closet and really had no idea what she was going to wear on her big date with Kouga. She grazed her hand over the dress she had purchased earlier in the week.



Wasn't that purchased for Homecoming?



Like I'm going to go.



Who knows? You may go and have an awesome time this year.



That would be a first.



Kagome sighed and picked out accessories to go with The Dress. No matter where they went, The Dress was still a strong choice for an evening with a Prince. Turning up her favorite “jam” playlist, she idly wondered where Inuyasha had spent the day. Since getting home from school yesterday she had only seen him long enough for him to down 3 bowls of ramen.



I'm sure he's at his tree.



You're sure he's not at Kikyo's?



I hope not.



Kagome took a final look in the mirror and headed downstairs a few minutes before 7. She was humming to herself and completely distracted by getting genuinely excited about the date, that she didn't hear Inuyasha creep in the room.



Inuyasha had a free moment to take in the vision in front of him. The dress that Kagome had bought the other day looked even more amazing than he remembered. Unlike a lot of the girls at her school, she didn't have any “perfume” on, so she just smelled clean and pure. She wore her hair long and streaming down her back. He was disappointed when she finally did turn around.



When Kagome turned around, she screamed, not because Inuyasha had surprised her, but because of the way he looked. Gone were the robes and the school uniform and in their place, dark chocolate cords and a dress shirt.



After swallowing a few times, she asked, “Where exactly are you going?”



Inuyasha practically grunted, “On one of those date things.”



Kagome sputtered, “Who with?”



“Kikyo.”



What? When did that happen? Kagome crossed her arms, “And I suppose darling Kikyo is going to pick you up?”



Inuyasha sighed, “Yeah, we're going to go in her death trap.”



The pair stood glaring at each other. The stare was broken by the ringing of the doorbell.



Kagome stepped ahead of Inuyasha, “I'm sure that's Kouga, so I'll just go ahead and answer the door.”



Inuyasha sniffed the air, “Yeah, it's that good for nothing mutt wearing way too much smell.”



“Smell?”



“He smells spicy.”



Kagome smiled, “He's probably just wearing cologne. Lots of guys do.”



“Keh.”



Kagome opened the door, where Kouga was waiting, with a giant bouquet of star gazer lilies. His face lit up when he saw her. He was wearing a blue dress shirt that completely matched his eyes and black pants. Kagome appreciatively took in his broad shoulders and loved that even in her heels, he still towered over her.



He said suavely, “These are for you.”



Kagome smiled and her cheeks flushed, “They're beautiful. Thank you so much.”



The couple shared a moment, oblivious that Inuyasha was even in the room.



Kagome smacked her hand on her forehead, “I completely forgot my pashmina! I'll be right back. I'm going to put these in water…”



With that, in a flutter of silk, Kagome sped upstairs, leaving Inuyasha and Kouga completely alone.



Inuyasha narrowed his eyes and cracked his knuckles. Kouga returned the unnerving gold eyed death stare he was getting.



Kouga attempted conversation, “So, maybe we can start over? You know, I think we started out things on the wrong foot.”



“Keh.”



“What is that supposed to mean?”



“Keh.”



“Fine, but just remember I'm the one who's taking out Kagome tonight, not you.”



At that moment there was a knock at the door. Inuyasha assumed this custom of knocking at the door was some sort of code to let whoever was outside in. Also, he could clearly scent Kikyo on the other side. She too, was covered in some sort of intense odor that was already giving him a headache. He opened the door. Kikyo burst in, kissed his cheek, then took Kouga into consideration.



“Hey there stranger, I don't think we've been properly introduced. My name is Kikyo.”



She produced a hand, which Kouga brought smoothly to his lips, “Enchanted. My name is Kouga.”



Kagome picked that moment to return to the room. She froze, as did Kouga.



Kagome muttered sarcastically, “I see you've met my cousin, Kikyo.”



Kouga tried to say something while Inuyasha smirked.



Kagome walked out the front door, calling out behind her, “Bye Mom! See ya before curfew. Kouga, are you coming?”



Inuyasha actually laughed as he watched Kouga scramble after his date.



Kouga found Kagome sitting in the car, arms crossed, with a mad look on her face.



“Listen, Kagome—“



“I know, Kikyo is irresistible. Maybe you should just go in there and take her on a date.”



Kouga sighed, “Can we start over?”



“I guess.”



“From the beginning?”



“What do you mean?”



“At least get out of the car, so I can open the door for you.”



Kagome giggled, but unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car. Kouga hurried around the car. He leaned in close while he opened the door, “Madame?”



Kagome continued laughing while she got in the car and waited for Kouga to join her. After he was in and they were on their way, she asked, “Can I inquire where we're going?”



“All in good time.”



They chatted while Kouga made turns and eventually pulled onto a familiar road.



He couldn't be…



Maybe he is…



Kagome recognized the restaurant they were pulling into - The Five and Ten - was THE exclusive restaurant in town. Kouga reached over and squeezed her hand, “I hope you like it.”



Kagome was momentarily speechless, she had never been to a place like this and suddenly was very worried about how she was going to act or what she was going to order.



Back in the Higurashi living room, Mrs. Higurashi had joined Kikyo and Inuyasha. She asked her niece, “Oh, Kikyo, it's so nice to see you. Are you going to be showing around Inuyasha this evening?”



“Yes, Auntie.”



“Well, that's nice, but just remember, that while I know your mother allows you a later curfew, since Inuyasha is living under my roof, he will need to be home before midnight.”



“Ok.”



“Have a fun time.”



Kikyo licked her lips, “We will.”



AN: Gotta love the feedback!

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Inu_lover1644 on January 21, 2006, 6:28:14 AM

Inu_lover1644 on
Inu_lover1644GRRRRRR!NWHY DOES THAT dog ALWAYS HAVE TO GET AWAY WITH SOMETHING!?!? I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THAT STUPID dog KIKYO!!!!!!!!!! but besides that this is a really great dtory! keep it up! (:))

kagyasha on December 4, 2016, 8:20:17 AM

kagyasha on
kagyasha*gives water* you okay now?

erandor3 on March 15, 2008, 9:45:45 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3i kno this is my first comment but i have read all the other chapters and so far I CANT STOP READING IT!i stayed up past midnight last night reading this

Inuranda_Hanyou on February 8, 2006, 7:31:28 AM

Inuranda_Hanyou on
Inuranda_Hanyoucall the fifthteenth chapter, Kagome's first lick. It's stupid, but it's still a title.

FullDemonInuRocks on February 1, 2006, 4:18:56 AM

FullDemonInuRocks on
FullDemonInuRocksNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!WHY CAN'T KAGOME GO OUT WITH INUYASHA!!!!!!!!ITS NOT RIGHT ITS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!!!! ****SOB******