Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Another Kind of First

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 14 - Another Kind of First

Chapter 14 - Another Kind of First


Here it is, I have promised more writing and I'm actually trying to follow through!



AN: I do NOT own the characters.



Chapter Fourteen: Another Sort of First



“I've been misunderstood for all of my life

But what they're saying girl it cuts like a knife

"The boy's no good"

Well I've finally found what I'm a looking for

But if they get their chance they'll end it for sure

Surely would

Baby I've done all I could

Now it's up to you...



Girl, you'll be a woman soon,

Please, come take my hand

Girl, you'll be a woman soon,

Soon, you'll need a man.”



-- Urge Overkill, Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon



Kagome was in complete and total shock that Kouga was taking her to the Five and Ten. As they pulled up, a valet appeared out of nowhere to safely park the Prince's silver Mercedes. Kagome reached to open the door, but found someone was doing the job for her, and even helping her out of the car.



A girl could get used to this…



It is pretty smooth.



But not as smooth as flying through the forest…



At the end of the night, Kagome was strangely nervous as she walked up to the door with Kouga. Not that she would admit it to any of her girlfriends, or that it hadn't been for Hojo's persistence and constant attempts, but she still hadn't had anything in her life that she would qualify as her First Kiss. And now…here it was, literally seconds away from her and she felt herself hesitating. It had been a nice evening; Kouga had amazing stories from all over the world. They also shared something meaningful in common - the loss of a parent.



As if in slow motion, Kagome had turned around at the door and saw a VERY expectant Kouga leaning in. Instead of returning the lean in, she turned her head at the last minute - giving Kouga her cheek.



If Kouga was surprised, he didn't show it. He was a perfect gentleman.



Walking away he said, “I had nice time tonight, Kagome. I'd like to see you again.”



She said smiling, “That would be great.”



Walking inside and letting out a deep breath, she was surprised to see that it wasn't that late, only three hours had passed since she left earlier in the evening. She wasn't surprised that Inuyasha wasn't there.



Or maybe he is…he could be outside.



Does any guy go out with Kikyo and get home early?



There's a first for everything.



Kagome walked slowly upstairs and washed off her make-up and changed into her “comfies.” Feeling much more comfortable, she felt too wound up to go to bed just yet.



Maybe I'll go see Dad…



Kagome slipped on her flip flops and headed out into the warm fall evening. She walked the familiar path until she reached a small stone statue. Her father had been buried in the family plot in town, but she, her mother, and Souta had set up a small stone statue overlooking one of the most beautiful vistas on the property. It was a place they could go to feel closer.



Kagome sighed as she sat down on the wooden bench they had set up near the statue. It had been a few weeks since she had “spoken” with her father. She and her Dad had had a wonderful relationship before he had passed away and Kagome always felt better after “talking” to him.



Kagome took a deep breath and started, “Hey Dad…yeah, I know it's been awhile. Well, I think you'd be proud of me. The past week has been nothing short of chaotic, but I'll list the following reasons why you would be glad I'm your daughter.

I have been nice to a demon. Well, a half demon at least. I bet you would've thought I wouldn't have, but after I shot him…I know, not my proudest moment, but I haven't told anyone the truth about him, until just now. And actually, you would probably like him a lot. He's protective of me, just like you were… and he's good with Souta. So, I hope you don't mind there's a new `man' in the house, but I think it's a good thing he's here.

I went out on a date with a Prince. He was a perfect gentleman, but I'm not sure if I actually like him…but I'm keeping that a secret too. It's funny since you always called me your Princess.
[/list]


Kagome sighed and wondered what she was going to tell her friends tomorrow when they convened at Wacdonald's…or what exactly she would tell Kouga when he inevitably asked her out again.



What's wrong with me? Why can't I like Kouga?



I'll give you two guesses and the first one doesn't count. He's taller than you and has golden eyes.



The hanyou in question chose that moment to spring out of the bushes, scaring the crap out of Kagome.



She burst out, “What are you doing here?”



“Who were you talking to?”



Kagome's cheeks flushed, “Did you hear anything?”



Inuyasha shook his head, “No, but where I come from, talking to yourself is a sign of craziness.”



“Well, this is just a place I go to feel closer to my Dad. That's all.”



The hanyou walked over and began sniffing the air around her, which was quite unnerving.



Kagome started backing up, “What are you doing?”



“I can smell that bastard all over you. What exactly were you up to?”



“I—umm, I don't have to answer that.”



Inuyasha was continuing to sniff Kagome. He paused right on her cheek before growling, “Keh.”



Kagome crossed her arms, “And you? I don't have the gift of super smell or whatever it is you have. What would I smell on you?”



Inuyasha sat down next to her on the bench, folding his arms in the haori he was now wearing. Kagome noticed for the first time that he was not in possession of the fang and his ears were clearly on display in the moonlight.



“Not going to answer? I'm surprised you're even home.”



“Nosy wench, aren't you?”



Kagome tried her best attempt at acting, “Like I care what you guys did.”



Inuyasha could smell she was lying. “That's too bad, because I know exactly what you did.”



Kagome flushed, “How? You weren't even there?”



“Let me see, you drove in a leather death trap and went to some Inn where you ate greens and meat. You also had something sweet…but I've never had it before. It's a new smell,” Inuyasha sounded very proud of his observations.



Kagome exclaimed, “You've never had chocolate?”



Inuyasha asked, “Choc-late?”



Kagome grabbed his hand and took off for the house. As she found her keys, she jumped in the car, yelling at Inuyasha, “Please tell me you have the fang.”



He nodded, dug it out of his robes and instantly his ears were gone. Wherever they were going, he had been so caught up in Kagome's excitement; he hadn't even had time to think.



This chocolate must be some good stuff.



Well, that ramen ain't half bad.



Kagome was smiling and humming, “You're in for such a treat.”



They pulled down a street and out of nowhere, Kagome yelled, “YES! It's on!”



Inuyasha looked at her strangely, then took off the fang and flashed his claws when he saw a strange glowing red light in the distance.



Kagome looked over at him, “Inuyasha, put it away.”



She pulled into a spot and hopped out. As soon as Inuyasha stepped out of the car, he smelled an amazing scent. Kagome didn't appear afraid of the sign and Inuyasha couldn't scent any demons, so he cautiously followed her in the distinctly green and white building.



Kagome walked over and pressed her nose on the glass, “See - you can see them being made!”



Inuyasha paused to look at the girl next to him. She looked so different than she had earlier in the evening. Gone was the done up young woman with make-up and

beautiful dress and replaced was just a happy girl.



They went to the counter, where Kagome placed her order, “Now, we have to eat two immediately.”



She went and sat down at a table, before practically tearing open the box and getting out two circle looking things. She ceremonially handed one over to Inuyasha, who took the still warm thing. She began eating hers rapturously. He sniffed his and took a bite. It was amazing…light and sugary and still warm, there was simply nothing like it. He now realized why Kagome had wanted to share this with him.



Kagome looked across as Inuyasha regarded his Krispy Kreme donut with an interested golden eyed stare. She held her breath as he took his first bite. A big grin broke out across his face that must have been identical to the one she now had. About two bites later, he was finished.



He looked at Kagome, flecks of glaze on his face, “That was chocolate?”



Kagome winked and said, “Well, not exactly, I just figured since you hadn't ever had chocolate, it was probably a sure thing that you hadn't had a Krispy Kreme glazed donut right out of the fryer before either.”



They shared a meaningful look across the table.



Inuyasha broke the stare by asking, “Can I have another?”



Kagome said, “Not until to wash it down with chocolate milk.”



She popped open two small jugs and tipped hers back before saying “Ahhhh” and wiping her mouth clean. Wanting to adopt as many of the idiosyncrasies of this new place, Inuyasha did the exact same thing.



Kagome burst into laughter.



“What?”



Kagome was wiping her eyes she had been laughing so hard, “You just…you don't have to do everything that I do.”



“Keh.”



Kagome picked up the box and headed back to the car, “We can have another one each, but then we have to leave the rest for Mom and Souta.”



Back at the house, Kagome was shaken again with how differently this evening turned out than she had originally imagined.



I may not be dating him, but at least I gave him a first he'll always remember.



A big part of her wanted to know all the details that had gone on in Inuyasha's evening, but another part of her argued that if she learned that info, she might want to smash the remaining donuts in Inuyasha's face.



“Ok wench, you promised me one more donut. Now pay up.”



“Fine, fine.”



Kagome handed him a donut, took one for herself and they ate in companionable silence. When they were finished, Kagome yawned and said, “Well, I guess I better go to sleep. You going to be fine out here?”



Instead of responding, Inuyasha looked intently at her face.



Is he going to kiss me?



He leaned in, and Kagome found herself almost magnetically pulled to him. Then, at the last minute, his tongue flicked out and licked her upper lip. Something about the action was very stimulating and Kagome could feel her face heating up.



Inuyasha said, “Mmmm, frosting.”



As Kagome watched him walk off, she shook her head, Does that count as a kiss? What was that?



Inuyasha slipped off his fang and thought to himself, She tastes better than I thought she would.



AN: Light and fluffy chapter - just like the donuts! Please excuse this author's obsession with Krispy Kreme.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

erandor3 on March 15, 2008, 9:57:12 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3DONUTS YAY!

sango_fan_1 on April 17, 2006, 11:53:59 AM

sango_fan_1 on
sango_fan_1omg omg omg ilove this story

MartinaM89 on February 5, 2006, 10:56:15 PM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89This is getting better and better with every chapter! I love the way you tell the story! I can't wait for the next chapter:-)

FullDemonInuRocks on February 1, 2006, 4:28:09 AM

FullDemonInuRocks on
FullDemonInuRockswhats gonna happen next please write more!!!!i love this story!!!oh yeah,and i hope inuyasha and kagome end up together and not that @#$%& kikyo!!!can you make her like say...i don't know...die in a bloody gory car accident?PLEASE!!!!