Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - (Insert witty title here)

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 15 - (Insert witty title here)

Chapter 15 - (Insert witty title here)


As much as I love this story…it got pushed back for a little while. I really did mean to update sooner! My muses for my other two stories are keeping me very busy at the moment. I do love this little story as well, so apologies for my absence.



And ewww….I just got done reading a fanfic where Kouga and Kagome get together. It creeped me out, so rest assured, that won't be happening in this story.



Finally, after some much loved fluff, we've got to get back to Naraku and see what he's been up to. He's one dark, creepy, purely evil dude.



AN: I do not own the characters



Chapter 15: (Insert witty title here)



Kagome slowly traced her tongue over her upper lip again and walked inside, mentally berating herself.



Why didn't I lick back?



What kind of question is that?



I mean, how much would it have taken to lean in and make that a real kiss?



You were caught off guard. How can you prepare yourself for a lick?



Well, what if that was my only chance and I totally wrecked it?



You know, you're not incapable of planting a kiss on him.



Call me old fashioned, but I always pictured my first kiss as something super romantic…getting caught in the rain with some guy I really liked and he would sweep me up into his strong arms and…



Cut the cheesy romance novel crap. This is reality, not some lame sitcom. If you like him, just kiss him.



Maybe I'll wait and see if I get another lick…






Walking off into the Higurashi property, Inuyasha was also dealing with conflicting feelings.



So, she tastes as good as you thought she would? I don't remember `thinking' about it that much.



Keh. You were asleep.



Still, I wonder what it would've been like if you had done what those people in the “moo-vee” were doing.



Inuyasha's mind drifted back to the strange events that had happened over the past evening. Kikyo had taken him to the “moo-vees,” which were like theater except the people he was seeing weren't exactly there and their images were completely out of proportion. It had been exciting at first, but as soon as the initial magic wore off, he had been miserable. He hated anything where he had to be kept inside and this room with a giant screen was no different. There were far too many smells for him to concentrate on much of anything. Salt, butter, people talking, people chewing, it was almost too much. Also, Kikyo hadn't been much fun to be around, since she kept trying to sit in his lap. Inuyasha had glanced around the theater and hadn't seen anyone else acting in such a way, so he assumed this was not normal behavior.



She had settled instead for rubbing his hand. That had felt nice…



It did, but…



Inuyasha remembered how he had tensed when a thought went through his mind…what if Kagome was doing the same thing? What if she was rubbing on Kouga? Hadn't Miroku told him that taking Kikyo out would make Kagome jealous? Why was he the one feeling…jealous?



Inuyasha sighed. He had smelled a number of different scents on Kagome, the least of which he liked was the odiferous Kouga.



At the end of the “date,” Inuyasha had taken one look at Kikyo's tongue coming at him and had bolted out of the death trap. He had heard of bat-youkai that would suck the blood right out of you and that's exactly what she had looked like was attempting to do.



What if she was just trying to lick you?



She certainly didn't look that way. She looked like she wanted to swallow my face whole!



So, it's different if you lick someone?



Kagome had something on her!



Yeah, and your sleeve wouldn't have worked?



Keh.



As Inuyasha walked, he tried to organize the events of the past week. In all the craziness, the hanyou had pushed the menacing creepy student, Naraku, into the back of his mind.



Well, what are you waiting for? You can sniff him out.



You don't have to mention it twice.



Inuyasha took off his fang and leapt into the darkness.






Kagome was up in her bedroom and watched as Inuyasha sprang out into the night.



I wonder if he's heading to our tree.



So it's “our” tree now?



No…



Just like those weren't “your” donuts?



I'm going to sleep now.






Inuyasha had tracked Naraku's scent to a nearby neighborhood. The hanyou had smelled a lot of bad things in his lifetime, but this was one of the foulest things he had ever run across. Hearing voices, Inuyasha silently crept and peeked into the bottom level of the house. He perked his ears up and tried to listen in. He saw the two girls he had seen earlier in the week with Naraku. For sisters, they sure didn't look anything alike. Kagura was attractive; she had her black hair in a high ponytail and brown eyes that almost looked red. Kanna was dressed, as usual in all white and with blonde hair so pale it looked white. She also never seemed to be without a particular mirror.



Naraku was pounding his fist on the table, “I demand answers!”



Kagura said sarcastically, “What you're looking for is impossible. We have looked everywhere.”



Kanna nodded silently.



Naraku growled, “I won't accept it! I've only got a year left with this ridiculous cover story and then what?”



Kagura sighed, then said, “All of the research we've done points to this area.”



“Then you're not looking hard enough!”



Kagura was obviously not scared by his rage, “And I suppose your means of persuasion have been working?”



“The scroll said the information could only be obtained from a pure soul.”



“And you're interpreting that to mean any girl who's V-club at St. Joseph's?”



With a menacing glint in his eyes, Naraku said slowly, “If I make sure they're not pure, then that narrows our list, don't you think?”



Kagura shuddered.



Naraku stood up and started pacing, “It's like I've been saying for the past two and half years. We only need to find two things: a maiden with a pure soul and the all powerful sword. And so far, we've got nothing - zilch.”



Kagura said sarcastically, “And remind me again what happens when you find these two `magical' objects?”



“When combined with the pure soul, the all powerful sword will unlock the portal to the past.”



Kagura sighed, “I don't understand what's so great about the past…”



Naraku grinned maniacally, “With the weapons and understanding from this time, we will rule the past and change the course of all human events.”



Inuyasha had heard enough. Wandering back through the night, he considered his own time period on the other side of the well. A time where both demons and humans lived. A time when people like himself were looked down upon. Inuyasha clenched his fists.



I'd like to see that bastard try his luck in my era. He wouldn't last 2 seconds.



You're probably right. I don't think the `Lord of the Western Lands' would be too happy with someone like him.



Neither would I.



And what did he mean by `pure' anyway? Is he looking for a miko or someone with miko powers?



You'd better ask Kagome.






Kagome woke up and stretched the next morning. Looking at her watch, she realized she didn't have all that long until she had to be at Wacdonald's to meet her friends. Hastily pulling on some clothes, she ran downstairs.



Mrs. Higurashi said, “Thanks for picking up the donuts last night, honey.”



“No problem, Mom.”



Mrs. Higurashi casually asked, “How were things with Kouga?”



Kagome smiled brightly. “We had a great time. He took me to the Five and Ten!”



“Well, what a nice young man. Are you going to be seeing him again?”



“I'm not sure yet.” Wow, I actually answered honestly.



Mrs. Higurashi looked out the window, “What are your plans for the day?”



Kagome glanced at the clock, “I have to go meet the girls for lunch, then I'll probably study. I may take Inuyasha shopping for new clothes…if he ever wakes up.”



Mrs. Higurashi chuckled, “He's been up for hours. He actually volunteered to take Souta fishing today.”



Kagome poured a glass of water before asking nonchalantly, “Did he mention anything about his date with Kikyo?”



“No, he just used that word of his again, `keh.' I wish I knew what that translated to.”



“Me too. And Mom?”



“Yes, dear?”



“Thanks for taking him in. I really think it means a lot to him.”



“It's no problem, honey. Do you think he'll like this curry I'm making for dinner?”






Kagome braced herself for lunch with her friends. Walking up to Wacdonald's, she took and deep breath and decided to be honest. For the most part. Except for the part where Inuyasha licked her. She wanted to keep that one to herself for a while longer.



“Hey girls!” Kagome sat down with her tray.



Ayumi burst out, “How was it?”



Kagome smiled, she had actually had a good time with Kouga, he was cute, and they were definitely compatible, but she was missing the spark with him. She told the girls, “Well, he took me to the Five and Ten—“



Everyone at the table squealed.



Eri asked, “Is it as nice as everyone says?”



Kagome nodded, “It really is,” without thinking she said, “They treated us like royalty.”



Kagome looked around horrified that she might have accidentally given away Kouga's secret. Fortunately, no one seemed the wiser.



Yuka asked, “Did he kiss you good night?”



Kagome sighed, “Ok, can I get through what happened, or not?



The three girls all looked at their French fries, but nodded.



Kagome smiled, “Ok, so we went out to eat and we had a lot in common and then he took me home. I think he wanted to kiss me, but I'm not sure if I wanted to kiss him back.”



Eri burst out, “What? Kagome, he's like, way cute! Why wouldn't you want to kiss him?”



Kagome said, “Well, I don't know. I just think a kiss should mean something. I mean if I kiss him, in my mind that means we're pretty much together.”



The other girls sighed.



Yuka said, “Kagome, you're so serious!”



Ayumi grinned, “Maybe that's her secret and why all the boys at St. Joe's want to date her!”



Kagome laughed, “I'm just saying that's what works for me.”



Eri asked, “So, would you go out with him again? You know that Homecoming is right around the corner…”



Kagome fiddled with her hamburger, “I don't know. What did you girls do this weekend?”



Yuka smacked her palm on her forehead, “Kagome, I'm sure you probably know this, but we totally saw Kikyo and Inuyasha at the movies last night!”



Kagome did not want to replay the scene that happened in her house the previous evening so she said vaguely, “Yeah, I heard something like that.”



Ayumi giggled, “Inuyasha looked really uncomfortable.”



Eri said, “It was probably the first time Kikyo had been to the movies and actually saw the film!”



All four of the girls laughed. Kagome felt like a weight had lifted from her shoulders. She had been kept awake last night with visions of Kikyo and Inuyasha making out throughout the entire film. Also, that finally changed the subject to who else was dating who and Kagome didn't have to worry about talking about either Inuyasha or Kouga.






Coming home from the lunch, or the interrogation, as Kagome thought of it, she was surprised to see Inuyasha waiting for her, with a very serious look on his face.



He said, “We need to talk.”






AN: So, dear readers, I have a question for you: do we stay on this side of the well, or should the events of the story lead us back say, oh, about 500 years? Let me know! I'm on the fence. I think I have good ideas for either side.



P.S. I am totally blanking on a chapter title for this one - any ideas?




Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MartinaM89 on February 9, 2006, 5:04:38 AM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89Oh I just love this!!! Keep it up! I'm adding you to my fav list...Why didn't I do it before?*smacks my forehead*
Well, keep it in Kagome's time for a bit longer. But definately, you have to take her to the past as well! Like InuYasha sometimes comes to Kagome's time in the show, make them go to Inu's time just for a little while...or something like that...
About the title..hmmm...Flashbacks or something? I dunno...
I know that writing more stories at the same time is quite hard. It's the same with me:-) Don't know what to do first:-) But please keep writing, cause this is one of the best stories!!!
Hope to read the next chapters soon...Bye now!

Inuranda_Hanyou on February 7, 2006, 9:36:08 AM

Inuranda_Hanyou on
Inuranda_HanyouKeep it in Kagome's time, but anyways, great story!