Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Let's Get This Party Started

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 16 - Let's Get This Party Started

Chapter 16 - Let's Get This Party Started


So, I'm weighing in all your comments…and I think I have a good solution. We will all venture on Inuyasha's side of the well…just give me a chapter or two to get there.



AN: I do NOT own the characters.



Chapter 16: Let's Get This Party Started



Kagome stopped in her tracks. In the week since he had arrived, she had never seen Inuyasha as serious as he looked at this moment. His eyes were practically glowing. She also had a feeling this was probably not a conversation she wanted interrupted.



Sighing, she began walking in the direction of the well, “Let's go.”



They walked in silence and Kagome desperately tried to figure out what could be so important Inuyasha had that look on his face.



Maybe he killed someone.



Come on! He wouldn't do that, would he?



You don't know. Maybe someone saw those cute ears of his?



Kagome suddenly felt fiercely jealous of anyone else who had seen the ears.



No, no that can't be it.



Maybe Kikyo proposed to him?



Enough! Kagome's subconscious was getting a little ridiculous.



They reached the well and sat down. Inuyasha looked around and removed his fang. Then shook himself all over and his ears popped out.



Kagome heard Inuyasha grumble, “If we were in my time…”



Kagome asked brightly, “So, what's up?”



Inuyasha took a deep breath, “I went and found Naraku last night.”



Kagome's brown eyes widened, “You did what?!”



“Keh. I could take that bastard any day.”



Kagome took a moment to get over the shock of Inuyasha's actions and asked, “What did you see?”



“Well, that's the thing that doesn't make sense to me. He's looking for a pure soul and a sword and when he finds these things then apparently it will open some sort of time transport and he wants to go back in time and rule the world.”



Kagome had the momentary urge to laugh in the hanyou's face, but restrained herself when she looked at him and saw that he was serious. Kagome looked off at the horizon, “Really? He said that?”



“Yes.”



“Did you believe him?”



Inuyasha locked his golden eyes on her brown ones, “Yes.”



Kagome thought a moment. In all the weirdness that had been going on since Naraku started attending the school, it all somehow strangely added up. With the recent arrival of the half-demon sitting in front of her, she hoped that the “time transport” in question wasn't the one they were currently leaning against. But if Naraku hadn't found either of the things in question yet…



Kagome wondered aloud, “What can we do?”



Inuyasha clenched a clawed fist; “You can stay as far away from him as possible. He's apparently trying to make as many women `impure' as possible.”



Kagome shuddered. She could believe somehow in Naraku's sick and twisted mind that making sure a girl wasn't pure would somehow lead him to find the right one.



“I just wonder what he's basing this whole thing on. I mean, psycho that he may be, he's a smart psycho.”



“He may have mentioned a scroll…”



Kagome's eyes brightened, “We gotta get our hands on it.”



“I don't think that's such a good idea.”



“Well, how else are going to know what we're up against? Maybe we'll find out something they don't know!”



“Keh.”



Kagome reached across and took his much larger hand in hers, “Come on - don't you want to find out about the sword?”



Inuyasha's ears perked up, “Well, that might be ok.”



Kagome looked at Inuyasha, “What are you waiting for, let's go?”



Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, “You are not going anywhere. You are staying right here.”



Kagome scoffed, “No way.”



They glared at each other. Kagome dropped Inuyasha's hand and crossed her arms.



Kagome said, “Ok, ok, crashing Naraku's place is not exactly the safest thing to do, but there's got to be another way around this,” she paused a moment, “I've got it!”



Inuyasha was very suspicious of the girl sitting next to him, “Why do I have a feeling I'm not going to like your idea, wench?”



Kagome's eyes gleamed, “Hear me out. Now, Naraku strikes me as the type that would have the scroll on him at all times, right? I mean, if it's so important to him, he wouldn't let it out of his sight.”



“Keh.”



“So, we're going to have to get close to him,” Kagome unconsciously shivered, but continued, “Since I won't risk anyone's um, purity, what if we have a big party? That way you can be around me and we can try to steal the scroll then…”



“Keh?”



Kagome was thinking aloud, “So, what's coming up that would be a reason to have a party?”



Inuyasha wanted to be helpful, “Umm…what about that coming Home party thing?



Kagome perked up immediately. Without thinking it through she leaned over and kissed Inuyasha on the cheek, and said, “That's perfect!”



Suddenly realizing what she had done, Kagome turned bright red and said, “Umm, I mean we'll have a post-Homecoming party here and get to the bottom of this! He'll never suspect.”



Inuyasha was still confused with what had just happened. He had seen a couple do something similar last night at the movie and it had looked nice. The hanyou looked over at Kagome who was going on and on about all the things they would need to plan this party. Who knew her lips were so soft?



Who knew females could do that to males?



Apparently they can.



Kagome knew she was blabbering on, but she couldn't stop herself. She heard herself rambling about the party…



Did I just kiss him?



`Fraid so.



Did it even register with him?



Doesn't appear that way.



Kagome was asking him something, “What do you think Inuyasha?”



From the tone of her voice, it sounded like something important. Inuyasha went with the safest answer, “Keh.”



“Keh yes or Keh no?”



He was about to answer when Souta came running up, “Time for dinner you guys!”



Kagome looked over at Inuyasha, “You're in for a treat - Mom makes the best curry ever!”



Inuyasha looked skeptical.



That night, after Inuyasha had drunk enough water to sink a small ship, Kagome began carefully putting together the party list together via Evite. Inuyasha was watching her peck away at some screen which made his eyes hurt.



Kagome was very precise about who was going to be invited, she told Inuyasha diplomatically, “We don't have to invite Naraku, because if we do he'll probably suspect something's up. However, I'm sure he'll just show up on his own.”



She clicked a few more things and said, “Done. Now we just have to wait.”



At school on Monday, the entire school was buzzing with the after party that Kagome Higurashi was throwing post-Homecoming.



Sango was smiling when she saw Kagome, “Killer idea for a party, Kagome.”



“You don't think it's too much?”



Miroku joined them, “Well, Homecoming is so close to Halloween anyway, throwing a costume party just makes sense.”



Sango nodded, “And since school dances are lame anyway, it just gives every an excuse for a place to be.”



Kagome said as convincingly as possible, “Yup - that's the reason!”



The idea for the post-Homecoming costume party was the easiest decision Kagome ever made. She wanted Inuyasha to be as comfortable as possible and the only way that was going to happen would be if he could be there - haori, puppy ears and everything.



As Sango and Miroku turned down a different hall, with Miroku listing the reasons why Sango should attend the school dance with him, Kagome walked over to her locker.



Kouga approached her and said softly, “Thanks for the invite.”



Kagome smiled, “No worries.”



“But it does bring up a little problem.”



Kagome asked curiously, “What's that?”



“You have somewhere to be after the dance, but what are you doing for the dance?”



“Umm, I…”



Kouga smiled suavely, “Just think about it.”



He turned and walked away.



How did he just leave me speechless?



Maybe there's more of a spark there than you think.



Kagome closed her locker and gasped. Naraku was standing right in front of her. If she had been speechless a moment ago, now she was too petrified to breathe.



Naraku said silkily, “I noticed I wasn't invited to `party' with you.”



Naraku has the ability to turn any verb into something sexual.



“Ummm…”



Naraku leaned in over her, “Because I definitely wouldn't mind partying with you. What are you going to dress up as, Kagome? A pussy-cat?”



Kagome had already back all the way against her locker and was desperately trying to find an escape route when Inuyasha was suddenly at her side, “Is there a problem here?”



Kagome literally leaned over and clung to the hanyou. He subconsciously put his arms around her, trying to use his body to shield her from Naraku.



Naraku looked at them, “No, no problem here.”



Inuyasha couldn't hold it in, he growled at the menacing person in front of him.



Naraku was taken back for a moment, but then laughed, before saying, “It's going to take more than that to keep me away. See you this weekend!”



He laughed manically all the way down the hall.



Kagome clung to Inuyasha for a moment longer, before releasing him and saying, “I'm sorry. I don't know what it is about him.”



"Keh."




"Well, I guess I'll see you after school."




Inuyasha watched the raven haired beauty walk away, savoring the scent she left behind.




As soon as Naraku turned the corner, he found Kagura and demanded, “We've overlooked Kagome Higurashi for too long. Find out everything you can about her.”



AN: Love to hear your thoughts! Ideas, comments, concerns…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Inuranda_Hanyou on February 10, 2006, 4:19:44 AM

Inuranda_Hanyou on
Inuranda_HanyouThis is an awesome story!

MartinaM89 on February 10, 2006, 3:26:59 AM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89I really don't have anything new to say. So I'll just repeat myself: I love this story and I can't wait for the next chapter.
No, really..:-) I LOVE the way you're writing this. A person get's pulled into the story easily. And InuYasha is so cute:-P
Isn't Naraku a bit of a pervert or something like that? Like Miroku, but Miroku's the good guy and Naraku the bad guy...so a bigger pervert...Ouch, my brain hurts... Lets just say that he's very evil:-) In every way...
Keep going, I'm checking your story every day to see if there's something new.
Hope to read more from you soon...your loyal reader;-)