Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Decisions

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 17 - Decisions

Chapter 17 - Decisions


Wow, I just have to say that hands down Inuyasha readers are the best reviewers. You all really are supportive and that means a lot to me. It also gives me the extra motivation to keep going and keep writing.



Yeah, maybe I made Naraku a little too evil…but hey, he really is the worst kind of baddie.



AN: I do not own the characters.



Chapter 17: Decisions



Kagome was still shaking off the bad vibes from Naraku and the oddly content feelings from being held by Inuyasha, when she ran almost smack into Hojo.



He instantly brightened when he saw her, “Hey Kagome!”



“Hey Hojo.”



“Can I carry your books?”



At this point she would rather walk to class with anyone, so she nodded. They were walking in companiable silence when Hojo blurted, “So, are you going to Homecoming with Kouga?”



Kagome pinched her fingers on the bridge of her nose. She could definitely feel a headache coming on, “I'm not sure yet.”



“Well, I think we would have a great time together. Like last year…”



Kagome knew from the glazed over look in Hojo's eyes, that he was remembering the dance they had attended together. Kagome went because she wanted to see what all the big deal was about.



“I'll think about it.”



Inuyasha watched Kagome turn the corner and wondered at his strange behavior from a few minutes ago. He had seen youkai and humans alike act as possessive and defensive as he just had, but that was usually when they were protecting their mates or young.



Mates?



The hanyou's thoughts were interrupted by Kikyo.



“Hey there,” she purred.



“Hi.”



“I had a great time with you on Saturday.”



Inuyasha was distracted as she wound a finger around some of his long, platinum hair.



“Is there anything you want to ask me?”



He blinked his large golden eyes, before replying, “Can you stop that?”



Kikyo pouted for a moment before saying, “No one speaks to me that way! You just lost the best thing you ever had.”



Inuyasha watched her walk away.



Wenches…



Kagome ducked into her Econ class, sat down and drifted off. She did her best to ignore the question that was constantly on her mind…who am I going to go to Homecoming with?



Why go with anyone?



It's what I'm supposed to do,



You could make a statement and not go with anyone.



She knew her friends probably expected her to go with Kouga.



Do you really ever listen to them?



Maybe I should start…



Kagome pushed all Homecoming thoughts out of her head and forced her conscious to focus on supply and demand.



As they drove home on Tuesday afternoon, Inuyasha surprised Kagome by asking, “So I have a question.”



Kagome was pleasantly surprised, “Go ahead.”



“What am I supposed to do when someone asks me to go somewhere?”



“How do you mean?”



“Well, all these girls have been asking me to “go” to the dance with them.”



Please let him have said no. Please let him have said no. She asked casually, “What did you tell them?”



“I told them I'd have to ask you first.”



“And what did they say to that?” Kagome suppressed a giggle.



“That's the strange thing, most of them just stopped talking to me.”



Kagome laughed, “I'm not surprised.”



“Yeah, well after the fifth girl asked me—“



Kagome couldn't hold in her shock, “Fifth? You had FIVE girls ask you to go to Homecoming?”



Judging by the jealous tone in her voice, Inuyasha smiled broadly, “Yes. Why?”



“No reason.” Bunch of slutty girls that go to my school, is all.



Hey now, just because you didn't ask, does NOT make them sluts.



Right, like I'm supposed to ask out the guy my cousin's dating?



Last I checked they were not an item. Remember the rumors?



Hmph.



Kagome perked up again, “So, what's your question?”



“Did I tell them the right thing?”



Kagome sighed and did her best to try and break down what exactly going to the dance meant…in human terms, “Ok, so remember how you and Kikyo went out?”



“Keh.”



“I'll take that as a yes. Homecoming is a kind of like a big date. It's a social event where everyone gets all dressed up and then they dance together.”



Inuyasha crossed his arms, “In my time, men and women most certainly do not dance together.”



“Good for them. Here…” Kagome's eyes glazed over.



Inuyasha looked at her curiously, “Here, what?”



Like many girls her age (and this author!), Kagome was a hopeless romantic. She loved watching shows and movies where the guy and the girl got together in the end. In the ONE dance she had been talked into attending with Hojo, she had to admit there was something distinctively pleasant about having a guy's hands on your waist and your arms around his neck. Her personal fantasy involved some guy she liked, candles, a mix CD and certainly did not center around a high school gym. It was outside…under the stars.



Inuyasha did NOT like the pink tone filtering into Kagome's cheeks and her delicate sigh. What in the heck is she thinking of?



Kagome shook her head to clear her daydream, “Um, what was I saying?”



“Something about here?”



“Well, here it's just a way for guys and girls to get to know each other a little better.”



“Are you going with anyone?”



“Well…um, I'm not sure yet.”



“Five people haven't asked you yet, have they?”



“For your information, two people have asked me.”



Inuyasha was instantly in growly-hanyou mode, “Who?”



“Kouga and Hojo.”



“Keh.”



Shouldn't you tell him that you haven't said yes to either?



Let him think the worst.



By Wednesday, Kagome knew she could no longer maintain the holding pattern she had been by keeping not only Kouga, but also Hojo in anticipation. She sat with Sango at lunch.



Kagome grinned at the pretty brunette sitting next to her, “So, rumor is that you've finally said yes to Miroku?”



Sango flushed, “Well…I…it's not because I like him!”



Kagome said skeptically, “Uh-huh?”



Sango quickly changed the subject, “So, who are you going to go with?”



“I'm thinking about skipping out on the whole thing.”



“Why?”



Kagome fiddled with her yogurt, “Umm, I have to get ready for the party and everything.”



Sango rolled her eyes, “You know it's not fair to them, right?”



Kagome looked across the Commons to where Inuyasha and Miroku were walking their way. She said quietly, “Just keep this between us, ok?”



Miroku smoothly sat down next to Sango, leaving Inuyasha having to take the seat next to Kagome. Miroku was positively glowing. He leaned in and asked Sango, “May I inquire as to the color of your dress dear Sango?”



Sango flushed, “It's black, with pink.”



Miroku's eyes lit up, “I'll have the florist create a beautiful corsage for my gorgeous date.”



Kagome laughed at Miroku's enthusiasm and a small part of her wished that she too, was going to attend the dance.



There's always next year…



True.



Miroku looked across the table and stated the obvious, “So, I would ask if you two wanted to double or do a triple date with us, but from what I hear, neither of you are going?”



As if to answer, Inuyasha shrugged and said, “Keh.”



Miroku hadn't expected an answer from Inuyasha, “Kagome? Really?”



Kagome gathered up her stuff, “There's someone I have to talk to.”



The trio watched her walk away. Miroku nudged Inuyasha, “You two should go together.”



“Keh.”



Miroku exchanged a glance with Sango, she shrugged her shoulders.

Miroku said, “I bet she would say yes.”



Sango smiled prettily, “You guys would make a cute couple.”



“Keh.”



Kagome found Kouga with some of the guys from the football team. She asked shyly, “Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?”



The guys all nudged each other as they walked away.



As they walked, Kouga asked, “So, what are you thinking about doing this Saturday?”



“Umm…nothing special.”



“I'm hurt. Most girls would think going to Homecoming with a Prince would be something more than `nothing special'.”



“Yeah, about that, I think I'm going to have to decline your offer.”



Kouga stopped, “You're not going with anyone else, are you?”



Kagome sighed, “No.”



Kouga smiled broadly, not taking her decline as a rejection, but as simply a case of classic “hard to get.” The handsome Prince bowed smoothly, “As my lady wishes. I'll look forward to seeing you at the party then.”



Kagome watched with interest as he walked away.



By Friday's drive home, the tension that had been in the car previously, was a thing of the past.



Kagome told Inuyasha, “I was going to pick up a few things tomorrow, before the party. Do you want to come with me?”



“Sure.”



They were almost home, when Inuyasha grunted.



Kagome, who was getting used to his sounds, questioned, “Yes?”



“Do you remember when you said that if I was good and played football, that you would grant me a favor?”



Kagome flushed, “Yes.”



“I think I've come up with that favor.”



AN: Yeah cliffies!! Just a little teaser…the party will change EVERYTHING. Keep those reviews coming.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MartinaM89 on February 14, 2006, 6:33:17 PM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89Personaly, I hope it'll be neverending but I know that's imposible... But I promise one thing- no matter how many chapters this will have, I'll always be reading it. So please make it as long as you can;-) please....onegai shimasu....
Looking forward to the 18th chapter:-)

Inuranda_Hanyou on February 14, 2006, 7:26:57 AM

Inuranda_Hanyou on
Inuranda_HanyouThis is awesome! Keep going it's really good. Do you know how many chapters it's gonna be yet?

MartinaM89 on February 13, 2006, 11:17:35 PM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89Oh and about Naraku- I think the worse the better;-) He'll show up at the party uninvited, right? I guess that means no dance for him...unless he'll "force" someone....
OK, see you around!

MartinaM89 on February 13, 2006, 11:14:17 PM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89Yaaay! I can't wait to read the next chapter! As always;-) It's amazing, really. I'm very curious what he's about to ask her...
By the sound of it, the party will be very big, huh? Oh and I'm glad that Sango said "yes" to Miroku...But I'm a bit worried what kind of costume can be black and pink:-P
Looking forward to read the next part...
See ya!