Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - End of the World Party

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 18 - End of the World Party

Chapter 18 - End of the World Party


AN: Hooty-hoo! Thanks for the reviews - I hadn't planned on starting this chapter just yet, but how can I stay away with all your support? Sorry for the delay, but I'm actually attempting to become a real writer, and had to devote some of my time to the stories I'm working on getting published.



Also, I just wrote a super squishy chapter on one of my other stories, so that may carry over in this one.



P.S. I realize Inuyasha may be a little OOC in the start of this chapter, but deal. Just so you know my motivation…I had images of the King and I for the dancing scenes, I can easily picture Inuyasha barking “Teach, teach, teach!”



I do NOT own the characters.



Chapter 18: End of the World Party



Kagome gulped, “Yes?”



“I want you to teach me how to dance.”



“Really?”



“Keh.”



“Any reason?”



Inuyasha didn't really know the answer to that question. He didn't even know what had possessed him to ask. It was just the word had been circulating the school for the past week. To him it really didn't mean anything more than women with smelly face paint and fans and ribbons twirling around. Males of any kind - youkai, hanyou, or human certainly weren't prancing around. Yet something about the way the word was said here dance he knew it meant something more.



“No,” he tried to sound as disinterested as possible.



“Well, there's lots of kind of dancing, I mean I know how to swing dance and slow dancing,” Kagome's cheeks flushed.



“Whatever. I changed my mind. Just forget about it.”



“No, no, it's cool. We could -”



Inuyasha growled, “No. Drop it.”



Kagome shut her mouth, disappointed. We'll see if he doesn't get his lesson…



Friday night Kagome had stayed up very late putting together a variety of CD's…one for dancing, one for chilling…one for slow dancing…



You sure that's a good idea.



You never know! I want to be prepared.



With visions of sweeping waltzes with a certain platinum haired hanyou, Kagome fell into a deep sleep. She had set her alarm for an ungodly hour the next morning in order to get ready and prepare for the party. In retrospect, not going to Homecoming was probably a very smart idea.



With Inuyasha's strength and agility, the rarely used barn on the Higurashi property was party ready in little under an hour. After so much sadness in the house, Mrs. Higurashi had given her daughter somewhat of an open tab on the evening. It would be good to have a joyous celebration. Kagome had poured over articles online, trying to find the elements for the perfect ambience of a party St. Joe's would not soon forget. She had bought twinkle lights for soft lighting and had enough candles to keep the room smelling good and further providing to the romantic atmosphere. With the barn set up and the music done, Kagome dragged a bewildered Inuyasha through Costco. Soon she had enough food to feed a small army and she and Inuyasha were full of sample foods.



She smiled, remembering how Inuyasha had asked on the way home, “Could we get some of those donut things?”



Only if you promise to lick me…



But somehow, going to Krispy Kreme during the day was not the same as going for the first time.



With a few final touches, Kagome had shooed Souta and Inuyasha out of the barn, “Time to get changed.”



She knew that wouldn't require a lot on Inuyasha's part, merely pulling off his fang, but she had worked up quite a sweat from cleaning and preparing all day.



By the time she was ready, the sun had set and was replaced by a waxing moon and lots of stars. Kagome looked around at the barn. It was far enough away that no one could destroy anything if things got out of hand. Also, she thought wistfully as she lit the candles, it was very romantic out here.



She looked down at the costume she had finally decided on. She had debated wearing something completely slutty, but decided for something warmer and more her style instead. She was dressed in something her grandfather had brought with him…a traditional miko outfit. She wore flowing red pants and a long white shirt (AN: I forget their “real” names). She heard a noise behind her, “Inuyasha?”



She saw the hanyou that had landed on top of her that day, a few weeks ago, with flaming red garments, soft puppy ears, and golden eyes.



“Kagome.” Inuyasha had had the opportunity to see her before he saw him. From behind, it looked like Kagome could fit right into his time. In this time where girls wore so little that nothing was left to the imagination, Inuyasha smiled at the simple elegance of the miko ensemble. She had said his name and turned around, locking her glowing brown eyes on his golden ones.



Kagome gulped, “You look nice.”



“Keh.”



Kagome went over to her computer and began playing the “romantical” playlist.



“Your music is so different here.”



They listened for a few moments as the first bars of James Blunt's “You're Beautiful” played.



Now's your chance.



Kagome summoned her courage and asked, “Still want to learn how to dance?”



Inuyasha hesitated a moment before responding, “Sure.”



Inuyasha walked over to the raven-haired vision in front of him.



Kagome smiled, “For this song, it's easy. Put your hands on my waist.”



Slowly, as if in a trance, Inuyasha obeyed. Placing his hands on her small waist felt completely natural. He was surprised when Kagome put her arms around his neck. They swayed gently to the music. One song led to the next…to the next…



Your guests are going to be arriving soon.



Screw my guests! Can't you see I'm busy?



I guess you should've thought of that before you asked him to dance.



I hoped maybe he would take the lead from here.



You can lead a hanyou to water…



As the 5th (6th…10th? Kagome hadn't been keeping track) song ended. Kagome looked up at Inuyasha and said, not really trying to mask the disappointment in her voice, “People will be here soon.”



Inuyasha was struggling the emotions currently raging through him.



Do what those people did in the movies!



What? She doesn't want that…from me.



Sure she does.



Like two magnets drawn together, Inuyasha bent his head and moved closer to those rosebud lips in front of him.



“Hey sis!”



Kagome and Inuyasha sprang apart from each other.



“Your first guest is here,” Souta moved aside to reveal a very frustrated looking Kouga. He was holding an elaborate bouquet of stargazer lillies.



“These are for you.”



Kagome smiled and said brightly, “They'll be perfect right over here.” Damn you Kouga! Your timing could not be any worse!



The moment had passed and Kagome could hear more guests giggling and making their way to the barn. As hostess, Kagome could only glance in frustration as she was swept up in greeting her guests…moving her further away from Inuyasha.



Before Kagome realized what was going on, there was a major party going on. Everyone seemed to get very into the whole costume aspect of things. She gazed around and smiled at her friends. After switching the music and making sure everyone had something to drink, Kagome took a moment to look at everyone's costume choices.



Miroku had opted for something very out of a character - a monk. Kagome giggled, but thought he cut a handsome figure with his sweeping indigo and blue cloaks. He had even completed the outfit with a staff.



On Miroku's arm, looking like she was having a wonderful time, was Sango. Sango looked like some sort of ninja you wouldn't want to mess with. She was in a head to toe black body suit, with armor and a high ponytail that pretty much screamed, “Don't mess with me!”



Kouga looked like a character out of Land of the Lost. He was wearing furs and a headband.



Kagome was talking to Yuka and Eri when the clouds suddenly blocked the moon and it was very dark. Naraku, Kanna, and Kagura had arrived. The trio looked like were about to attend some Cosplay convention in the unique attire. Naraku was dressed in what looked like a weird baboon pelt? Kagome shivered. Kagura looked resplendent in a maroon and white striped kimono. She flicked a fan impatiently. Kanna was dressed in, what a surprise here, all white.



Kagome looking at the trio, excused herself and went up to the house to get more drinks. She smiled at her Mom, “Thanks!”



Mrs. Higurashi smiled back at her daughter, “I'm just glad to see you're having a great time. Is Inuyasha enjoying himself?”



“I really think he is.”



Kagome had been secretly keeping track of him all night. Glancing when she thought he wasn't looking, he seemed comfortable in his clothes and true self.



“Well dear, just let me know if you need anything.”



“I will! Thanks again.”



Kagome walked back slowly and watched all of her friends enjoying themselves and the night. She didn't have time to gasp as someone came from behind her and roughly spirited her away.



Inuyasha sniffed, he had detected Kagome a moment ago, but now he couldn't smell her anywhere. Suddenly, there was a blinding pain in his right eye. Inuyasha stumbled away from the party, holding his eye and cursing.



When Kagome came to, she was tied up and leaning against a familiar structure…the well.



Naraku was leaning over her, and in the moonlight she could glimpse Kagura and Kanna.



Kagome tasted blood in her mouth, “What do you want, you big ape?”



Naraku laughed, “I think you have something I want.”



“All I have to do is scream—“



“And then? Kagura?”



Kagura stepped back to reveal Souta, who was tied up as well.



Naraku nodded and she stepped back, “I think you can see I mean business.”



Kagome didn't trust her voice. She nodded slowly.



Naraku said slowly, “You have something I want.”



Inuyasha felt like his skull was going to explode.



What in the hell is going on?



He pulled away the hand that was covering his eye and was surprised to see a bolt of pure energy sizzle in front of him and feel his hand wrap around something solid. He opened his eyes and saw a sword.



It pulsed…



A name rang through his ears…



Tetsusaiga.



Over the air he smelled fear.



Kagome…hold on!



AN: Aren't I a tease? This may be my favorite chapter so far! It's got fluff and action! What do you think?



P.S. Ok, ok, before I get flamed…I realize this is not the most traditional way for Inuyasha to get his beloved sword, but I'd like to think Inupapa put it in there for a reason. Any plus, it's my story!

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

erandor3 on March 15, 2008, 10:36:17 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3OMG THIS CHAPTER WAS AWESOME CANT WAIT TO READ THE NEXT ONE!

MartinaM89 on February 19, 2006, 2:59:28 AM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89Hi! It's me again....If I get anoying too much, just let me know amd I'll write less and think more:-)
I just wanted to ask you one question....I've looked you up on Fanfiction.net and I've added you to my favourities...But, when I wanted to read your story there again, I just couldn't find my favourities anywhere...*sobs*...So I want to ask you, if you can help me...How do I get to them? I've tried for a half-an-hour now... But word is, I'm not too good with comps and websides..*blush*
OK, thank you and see you around!

MartinaM89 on February 16, 2006, 5:42:46 PM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89Yaaaay! This is an amazing chapter! Love it soooo much!
Of course I'll look you up on fanfiction.net...can't wait to see what you've got in store for us;-)
I just love this....And I have to say that you're putting the new chapters here pretty fast. Good luck with your all stories...
See you soon...

dutchesscourtney on February 15, 2006, 7:49:24 AM

dutchesscourtney on
dutchesscourtneyHey cool reviewers...thanks for all the support so far. you may want to check out my ff.net account. same penname!