Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Down the Rabbit Hole

Kagome is bored with her typical high school life. When a cute stranger comes through her family's well and she tries to pass him off as an 'exchange student' at her school, their lives will never be the same. Look for all your favorite characters

Chapter 19 - Down the Rabbit Hole

Chapter 19 - Down the Rabbit Hole


Wow, I didn't realize I had so many super fans. Sorry, I finished another story and started a new one this week. I also am desperate to finish my colossal Sailor Moon fic, so just be patient with Inuyasha.



If Naraku's too creepy, I can bump this to an M.



AN: I do not own the characters.



Chapter 19: Down the Rabbit Hole



Inuyasha quickly heaved himself up with the help of the sword Tetsusaiga… and scrambled towards Kagome's scent, which was becoming increasingly panicked.



Miroku leaned and whispered in Sango's ear, “Would you like to take a walk? I'd like to see how beautiful you look under the moonlight…”



Sango had already promised herself that on this night, she would be a regular teenage girl and not overthink any of her actions. She took his hand and replied, “I'd love to.”



Inuyasha crept silently in the direction of the well and in the almost full moon was able to glimpse Naraku, Kagura, Kanna, Kagome and Souta. He was easily able to determine what was going on. Those bastards. His instinct told him to charge in and start hacking away, but recognized things might be done differently on this side of the well. If he had learned anything in his time on this side of the well, it was that sometimes brute strength wasn't everything. However, that didn't prevent the war that was currently waging within himself.



Must protect Kagome…



We need to wait to get the details of the entire situation.



He's all over her!



Just wait.



Perking up his ears, he listened for a moment.



Naraku was practically on top of Kagome, “Tell us what we want to know!”



Kagome was trying to be as brave as possible for the sake of her younger brother.



You have to bluff! Get Souta out of here.



“I will. I know about the pure soul, I also know of the sword you seek. Release my brother and I will tell you what it is you want to know.”



Naraku grabbed her chin and forced her to look into his face, “If you're lying…” He slid a finger down her chin and into her shirt, “There will be consequences.”



Kagome was literally paralyzed with fear. She nodded, praying that somehow Souta would get back to the house and alert her mother who could get the authorities and finally lock Naraku up for a long time.



Naraku grunted, “Kagura will take—“



Kagome may have been struck with fear for herself, but her older sibling instincts were definitely still kicking, “Absolutely not. Neither you or any of your creepy friends is going to be anywhere near my brother. Souta knows the way back to the house and can get there on his own, can't you Souta?”



Souta nodded mutely.



Kagome said, “Now, let him go!”



Kagura looked across to Naraku, who nodded, and Kagura released Souta. Souta looked at Kagome, torn between wanting to protect his older sister and saving himself. Kagome said, “Go!”



Souta sprinted in the direction of the house.



Naraku straddled Kagome, “Now, about this information…”



Inuyasha couldn't hold back a second longer. He growled loudly and came running out of the forest, and pulled the sword out of its sheath. In a flash of blinding light, what appeared was larger than any sword Kagome had ever seen. It was definitely not of this world…something that Naraku was obviously instantly aware of.



Kagome cried out, “Inuyasha! Stay away from here! Go for help!”



“That's not likely, wench.”



Naraku laughed, it had almost been too easy, “Would this be the sword?”



Everything seemed as if in slow motion. Kagome was suddenly thinking very clearly about the situation. She couldn't put any more lives in danger. She began speaking as if in a trance, “There is a special ritual which must be performed.”



Naraku looked to see if Kagome was lying, but she appeared to be completely out of it.



“What must be done?”



On a nearby part of the property, Miroku was silently congratulating himself on how well this evening had gone. He and Sango had shared a wonderful meal together and at the dance she had even let him grope her a few times during the slow dances. The only thing that would make it perfect was a kiss from his lovely Sango. He didn't think he'd have the guts or the chance to do it again any time soon, so he took a deep breath and placed his hands on either side of Sango's face. She looked up at him.



Miroku was closing the distance between him when suddenly he heard shouting in the distance. Damn it!



Sango had obviously heard the commotion too, she sighed.



Was that disappointment? Miroku smiled as he grabbed her hand, “Sounds like someone's in trouble. We'd better go check it out.”



Kagome continued, “The sword must be placed over the well and the pure soul will provide a blood offering to activate the time portal.”



Naraku hauled Kagome up and quickly revealed a knife, that he held at her throat. He looked dangerously at Inuyasha, “The sword?”



“Never.”



Naraku roughly pawed at Kagome, who whimpered desperately, “Don't do anything stupid, Inuyasha. Give me the sword or Kagome suffers.”



Golden eyes locked on teary brown ones. Kagome shook her head, “Don't help him, Inuyasha!”



Weeks ago, Inuyasha wouldn't have thought twice about going after the evil man in front of him, wench be damned, but now…he walked slowly over to Naraku. In his darkest tone possible, he said, “You get the sword, she goes free.”



Naraku nodded.



“On the count of three. 1, 2,3—“



Inuyasha prepared himself to catch Kagome with waiting arms as he flung the sword in Naraku's direction. Her familiar presence never came. Kagura had intercepted the sword and Naraku still held Kagome tightly.



Do it! You have claws! Use them…why are you waiting?



If I move too quickly, she could get hurt.



At least she would be alive?



I'm supposed to protect her.



Kagura placed the sword over the well and Naraku drew his blade quickly across Kagome's arm. She screamed, mostly out of fear and not out of pain from the small cut. Naraku held her arm over the sword…all eyes watched as a drop of blood hit the sword and there was a flash of brilliant blue light.



Inuyasha could only watch in desperation as Naraku quickly swept Kagome up bridal style and jumped onto the well. He locked eyes with Inuyasha and said, “She won't be a pure soul for much longer.”



With that he jumped into the well, Kanna and Kagura could do nothing but jump in and follow. In the moment that the two girls followed Naraku, Sango and Miroku came into the clearing.



Inuyasha was sniffing around the well but couldn't catch scent of Kagome. He turned around to see Miroku and Sango, “Damnit!”



Miroku asked, “What just happened?”



“They've taken Kagome. We have to go after her!”



Miroku scoffed, “To the bottom of the well? That's ok, I was actually enjoying a lovely evening with dear Sango.”



Inuyasha cracked his knuckles, “I'm going after her.”



There was an edge in his voice that caused Sango to pay attention. She asked, “Going where?”



“To my time.”



Miroku and Sango exchanged a look. Miorku asked, “What do you mean, your time?”



“The past.”



With that, Inuyasha hopped in the well.



Sango made a move to follow him and Miroku grabbed onto her, “Where are you going?”



“Kagome is my friend, too.”



Miroku sighed, then swept up Sango in a dramatic, passionate kiss, before walking to the well. She asked breathlessly, “What was that for?”



Miroku winked, “I'm not sure what's on the other side of this thing, but no matter what's over there, now I can look back at my life without regret.”



Kouga followed Souta, who was near tears and looked around the well, “Sorry, little dude, but I don't see anyone around here.”



Souta was near hysterics, “They were here! I promise! That creepy guy and his friends. They were threatening Kagome.”



Kouga considered his options. On one hand he cared for Kagome, and by association he did worry about her family. On the other hand, he felt a little ridiculous looking for people who were obviously not to be found.



Souta asked quietly, “Maybe they fell in the well?”



Kouga and Souta peered over the edge of the well. Kouga shouted down into the well, “Hello? Is anyone down there? Please answer.”



They were greeted with silence.



Kouga turned to Souta, “See, no one answered. I'm sure they are back at the party.”



“What if she fell in and can't answer?”



Kouga had to admire the determination and loyalty Souta was showing for his sister. He asked, “Would it make you feel better if I went and checked it out?”



Souta wiped his eyes and nodded silently.



“Fine.”



Kouga, as a Prince, had mastered practically every sport he chose to participate in and so, on a whim had once spent a summer doing nothing but rock climbing. He carefully began to creep down the well.



Souta asked, and his voice seemed far away, “Do you see anything?”



Kouga was about to speak, when he slipped and began to fall, he fell and braced himself for the landing…when he began to see strange colors and blacked out.



AN: So, ok, not so much with the reality, but it works for me. Now that everyone's on the other side of the well, I wonder what will happen. Please review!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sango_fan_1 on April 17, 2006, 1:05:02 PM

sango_fan_1 on
sango_fan_1wow good one more chapter can't wait!!

MartinaM89 on February 26, 2006, 12:55:35 AM

MartinaM89 on
MartinaM89Yay! This is so great that I can't find any english words in my head that discribe this story. Amazing? Stunning? Best? I really have to get a dictionary:-)
Anyway, keep Naraku creepy...It kinda suits him:-P
Great job, can't wait for the next chapie...
See ya!