Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Gallery

A story of one boys obsession taken too far.

Chapter 2 - Gallery

Chapter 2 - Gallery
Tyler walked into his house and ignored the hello from his mother. He took the stairs two at a time and threw himself into his room. Dozens of sketches and 8 or so sculptures stared at him. They were all of the same lovely girl. “Eventually all of these sketches will be in alabaster. I’ll have a gallery, Ellie in Alabaster” he whispered to the room as he started another sculpture.

The next day in art he walked in whistling. Ellie was already there and she was hurriedly writing notes with her free hand while looking in her trig book.
“Hey.” Tyler asked smiling, “I need to ask you something. I have to do an oil painting next grading period. Would you model for me?” Tyler asked, smiling.
“Sure. That sounds great.” Ellie answered absently.
Tyler glowed and felt his heart give a leap. He went to work on his sculpture. While he worked his mind drifted. How can I see her outside of school. Did she walk home or get a ride? Where did she live? He could look in the student registry and find her address. He had something very important to ask her and school probably wasn’t the best place. It was something he knew she couldn’t refuse. She was his, after all.

It was late evening. The sun had just finished setting and the street lights only illuminated small bits and pieces of the sidewalk. Ellie hurried along, wanting desperately to get home quickly. She walked faster when she heard footsteps behind her. A tap on her shoulder left her immobilized, eyes going from left to right. She felt like she couldn’t breathe, as if her entire body had turned to stone.
“Hey Ellie, you look … beautiful.” Tyler whispered, looking her over, “Can I talk to you about something?”
“Yeah, what is it?” Ellie asked, fighting to keep the panic from her voice.
“Marry me, Ellie. We can go to the justice of the peace right now and we can-“
“What! Are you crazy!? I don’t even know your last name or where you live, for Christ’s sake! Do you know my favorite color? Movie? Song? I barely know you!"
He stood in front of her, reaching for her, but she stepped just out of his grasp.
“Please. I love you Ellie, you’re my muse. I need you. Don’t say no.”
“No! You’re crazy. You need therapy. Something is wrong with you! Go home and stay away from me.”
He grimaced, his eyes heartbroken. He stepped backward off the sidewalk into the middle of the street, his eyes still giving her that look. He was staring at her when the light pooled around him and the truck collided with him.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PsycoCoffeeMug on April 19, 2007, 5:36:18 AM

PsycoCoffeeMug on
PsycoCoffeeMugo my god

Musicislife on April 11, 2007, 10:16:52 AM

Musicislife on
MusicislifeThis is a really good story so far