Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - It all makes sense now

-one shot- They can't see or hear her..why? What terrible thing had happened? Why can she see Izayoi, the mother of Inu-Yasha is supposed to be dead! All of this questions were replied in one simple answer

Chapter 1 - It all makes sense now

Chapter 1 - It all makes sense now



disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha or co. They are all owned by Rumiko Takahashi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Why can't they see her? why can't they hear her? What's going on? Even though she screams in their ears, and hits them lightly, they still act like she's not there...

Kagome slowly walked through the halls of Sesshomaru's castle. For some strange reason, all of her commrades went to his castle without a word. They didn't look at each other the whole way ; never said a word. After a while, Kagome said to them all that she was going to go for a walk. They didn't respond for some reason though....

"Inu-Yasha, why did this happen?"

Kagome paused at a door when she heard the familliar voice of her little kistune commrade. The girl opened the door slowly to see Shippou sitting next to Inu-Yasha, tears pouring out of his small eyes.

"I don't know Shippou," was the only answer the hanyou could think of. "But...why couldn't it have been me..." The two were silent after this. Kagome stared at them through the crack of the door, confused.

What did Inu-Yasha mean by that? Kagome thought. She sighed.  She raised her hand and knocked on the door.

Inu-Yasha's head perked up. "Come in."

Shippo quickly wiped away his tears as Kagome opened the door.

"What do you two mean by what you said?" the middle schooler asked.

"Is anybody there?" Shippo asked, looking at Kagome as if she weren't there.

"How'd the door open by itself?"

"What?" Kagome asked. Can't they see her standing there?

"Must've been the wind," the hanyou replied, standing up and pushing the door closed, which caused Kagome to fall flat on her butt in the hall.

"Ow!" Kagome cried. "What the heck did you do that for? Sit!"

...Nothing. There was no slamming noise. Come to think of it, Kagome hadn't seen the kodotama around Inu-Yasha's neck. The middle schooler stood on her feet now, questions buzzing on about her head. She then decided to go on through the castle. No one greeted her through the castle. They had all seemed to dissapear to somewhere. Kagome sighed in relief as she came into the dining room, where everyone else had seated themselves. They all looked up at her with sad looks.

"Why does everyone keep looking at me like that?" Kagome asked, walking towards them. "Did something bad happen? Did someone die?"

"Inu-Yasha," Sango softly said. Kagome stared at her before looking behind herself, and there was the hanyou with the kistune on her shoulder. Kagome ran over to him.

"Inu-Yasha, what's happening!" Kagome screamed into the hanyou's face. He merely stared at the others, like Kagome was invisible.

"Are you going to be ok, brother?" Sesshomaru asked in his usual calm voice. But you could notice that there was a hint of sadness in his voice.

Wow...
Kagome thought. Sesshomaru is being nice to Inu-Yasha. Something really bad must have happened.



"Do I look shimatta ok, baka?!" Inu-Yasha yelled at his brother. The others frowned, but Miroku was the only one that spoke back.

"Inu-Yasha, we know you're upset because she died, but please don't take it out on us!" Miroku said, his voice raising with every word.

"Miroku, the woman I love died!" Inu-Yasha yelled even louder. "The woman I cared about, died a slow and painful death at the hands of Naraku!"

"We know that!" Miroku shouted back. "But don't take it out on us! We are all also very upset about this ordeal!"

Sango still sat, tears coming to her eyes over all this shouting. "Houshi-sama..Inu-Yasha...please don't yell." She said this very quietly, but everyone heard. They were all silent after that. Inu-Yasha and Miroku took their seats.

The woman he loved...
Kagome thought. She sighed. They must be talking about Kikyo.  She walked over to the group and sat down. They all stared at the chair she sat in, but then forgot about it.

"So...was it Kikyo that died?!" Kagome asked/shouted, for she was certain that were all deaf or something. Everyone didn't say a word. "Are you guys ignoring me or something? Did I do something wrong? Was it my fault that Kikyo died again!!?" They were all still silent. Kagome sighed and got up, leaving the room. She walked through the halls until she got to the back doors. Slowly opening them, Kagome walked outside, tears of frusterartion coming to her eyes, hoping that it was all just a dream. Because, in dreams, you can't remember what happened at first. That's what happened with Kagome. All she truley remembered before coming to the castle was seeing the Shikon no Tama becoming complete and Naraku dying.

"Kagome..."

The middle schooler tensed as a soft voice filled her ears. A voice that sounded familliar, but she couldn't quite make it out.. Kagome turned around to see a beautiful woman with very long black hair. She was wearing a pinkish kimono. It took a bit, but suddenly, Kagome knew who it was.

"Y-You're Izayoi, right? Inu-Yasha's mother?"

Izayoi nodded. "Yes, I am."

"Wow! I always wanted to meet you, d-" Kagome stopped her ranting when something flashed in her mind. "But...wait. Your dead! How can I see you?"

"Kagome, the others, they seemed like they couldn't see and hear you, right?"

Kagome nodded. "Hai."

"And, you don't remember much about what happened before you came here, right?"

The middle schooler nodded again. "But, why though? I only remember the beginning of the battle, then it goes blank, and then I remember the ending. Why?"

"I'll show you," Izayoi replied. "You'll understand soon." The woman geastured Kagome to follow her, before walking over to a large tree that had a gravestone near it. When they finally got to it, Kagome gasped. Now it became all clear.



Here lies Kagome Higarashi
R.I.P.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it. That's the end. I know it's short, but don't flame me or anything like that. I tried my best. I don't know what's with me and angst stories, but whatever.

Hope you enjoyed it, reviews are always loved.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SasuSaku01 on September 19, 2006, 10:44:49 AM

SasuSaku01 on
SasuSaku01That was scary but awesome!X3

mandy94t on September 3, 2006, 2:14:58 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tholy crap.that would scare the living crap outta me.awesome job.