Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Last Thoughts

Kagome's last thoughts before she dies.

WARNING: VERY DEPRESSING STORY (ecspecially for Kagome fans)

Chapter 1 - Last Thoughts

Chapter 1 - Last Thoughts
Disclaimer: I don't own Inu-Yasha
__________________________________________________________________


Just kill me...kill me now...


These words rang through my head as I layed motionless on the ground. Soft rain trickled down my cheecks like well worn tears. He betrayed me. I kissed him and he betrayed me. I traced my lips over his lips. Those lips which I always thought looked soft and warm; but are now cold and rough to me...and no longer in my mind.

As I was laying there, my thoughts drifted off into an earlier time...

My thoughts drifted off to 11 years ago, when I was only five years old. I was running happily through the zoo, my father walking less than two metres behind. Gazing at the animals, I smiled, ooing and ahing. I stopped when I came across the cage of the Royal Bengal Tiger. My neck stretched out so I could get a better look. The tiger emmited a low growl, warning me to stay away. I backed up and turned around so face my father. I tugged on his shirt, making his cold but gentle eyes fall upon me.

"Daddy, what's the most dangerous animal on Earth?"

My father's eyes bored into mine. "If we all look into mirrors, we'll know." With that he walked away.

As I was laying there, relization sunk in. My father was completely right. Now, if you were to look at the person I loved, the first thing you might say is 'but he's a demon! Why would you think about when you're father said that humans are dangerous?' and I'd say 'there's a simple answer to that.'

He's a half demon.

Which also means he's half human.

I always thought that his human side was soft and kind. And as always, I was completely wrong. I wish I didn't fall in love with him. Oh, how I wish I didn't even set eyes on him! There was always a warning in my head, like a goat bleating 'stop! stop! You must resist!' and was kicking at my brain like a mad man.

I was foolish, so I chose to ignore it. Soon after, I relized I should have chose otherwise.

Right now, I wish I was at home, at a mirror, screaming "Stupid girl! Why did you choose to ignore the goat? Stupid, stupid, stupid!". And why, oh why, did you fall in love with him? But most important of all, why did this happen?

Just another simple question with an even simplier answer.

If you looked very closely, you could see a dim, pink light coming from my chest. There's a small pink sphere hanging around from my neck, a pink aura surrounding it. The Shikon No Tama. The cause of everything that's happened to me the past two years. You probaly know the history of the Shikon No Tama, for you'd probaly not be reading this if you didn't. Plus, I'm much to tired to explain it.

"Ow..." What's that stinging feeling? It hurts and it's coming from my side. I'll try to ignore it. The problem it, I haven't learned to ignore pain. So much pain...

I feel pain when I see him, my l over.

I feel pain when I'm in this place.

I feel pain when I see her.

Her...the woman who looks like me. Yes, she may look like me, but she talks completely different than me. She'e nothing like me. We have different emotions except for the fact that we love the same man. But, I cannot remember her name, althought I can see her clearly in my mind. She looks furious. Why is she yelling at me?

The woman wasn't always yelling at me. At first when I saw her, she was really depressed. Over time her expression became angrier and angrier. When I truely knew I was in love, she started to scream and thrash out. I wish we weren't fated to love the same man.

"Ahh..." There it was again. That stupid pain at my side. What was it? I slowly turned my head to see a big, deep cut on my waist. Blood poured out of it now and then, causing the stinging pain. Even more relization sunk in.

I didn't have much time to live.

Then more questions spilled in. Where did I get the cut? What was the cause of it?

He was yelling at me. I was yelling back at him. His cold, golden eyes were glaring directly at mine. He reached out for something but I backed away.

"Give me the damn jewel!" he shouted at me.

"I told you already, no!" I screamed back, grabbing hold of the pink sphere that hung around my neck. He growled menacingly. Before I could do anything, he lunged at me. I thankfully dogded in time.

"Wretched girl, give it to me!"

"No!" With that I ran for my life. More voices and shouting came from behind me. The other people tried to stop him, but he lunged again. His claws trashed at my waist.

"Aaaow!" I cried out in pain, clutching my side. When he relized what he had done, his eyes widened. He opened his mouth to say something but before he could I gathered come strength and ran away.


By now, real tears were joining the rain tears as I struggled towards the well which wasn't far away. If you were to see the well, you'd think that it's just a busted up, old, useless well. But it can make you go 500 years backwards and forwards through time. My hand slowly made it's way towards the well. I pulled myself up over the top as blue light started to surround me. When I landed, I looked wearly at the well house rooftop. With the last bit of my strength I climbed out of the well and the well house.

"..." Silence overcame me, along with dizziness as I plopped to the ground. And for the first time in my life, thinking was the only thing I wanted to do.

I thought and thought and thought. Truth be told, I did not regret falling into the well. I do not regret staying in the Fuedal Era, when I could've stayed home. I do not regret staying by his side. This is what I thought as I layed again on the ground. I knew I was going to die. It wa so obvious. My eyes started to get really drowzy and heavy.

"So cold.." I wrapped my arms around myself tightly. It was beginning to feel so chilly. I blinked as my vision went in and out. My body started to shiver from the cold. But for some weird reason, I was smiling. My head turned slightly so I could face the well. With my last breath, I murmurred "goodbye" and closed my eyes.

---

"Poor thing," the police officer said, gazing down at the young girl, who was dead. He was standing near a woman in her mid 30's, a young boy, and a old man. "How long has she been dead?"

"About an hour," the doctor replid, who was also gazing down at the young girl's smiling face. "She died from major blood loss. The thing is, I can't figure out what made such a deep cut like that." The woman started to sob, muttering something that sounded like 'my baby...my baby...'. Two more men came out of the ambulence near by and put the young girl on a stretcher, carring her off. The docter and the policeman were trying to make the woman calm down.

As everyone walked away from the area, a figure was seen in the well house, staring through the barely open doors. The person's long silver hair fell over soft, tear brimmed eyes. He watched as the weird men carried his love away. As he watched, his lips worded silently, '

"I'm sorry Kagome."
______________________________________________________________________

Don't look at me like that! While I was gone from FAC, I was feeling very....lugubrious. A word here which means 'overly depressed'. And, to try to rid of my lugubrious state, I wrote this story, which I made all the sadness go in to. Now I'm better.

Please comment, and no flames please!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

inukag4ever306 on May 1, 2009, 6:10:09 PM

inukag4ever306 on
inukag4ever306i love it!!!!!!

FluffyFan on March 20, 2007, 8:15:46 AM

FluffyFan on
FluffyFanIt is so sweet.

AmmyK on January 3, 2007, 8:44:40 AM

AmmyK on
AmmyKwow...kagome is a poet...well, you are, but that's okay too! Great lugubrious story, sad, but touching all the same!
Keep up the great writing!
AmmyK