Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - DRAW YOUR OWN ART, PEOPLE!

There are certain things I would like to get off my chest and share with the world, I guess you can read this if you're really bored or something.

Chapter 6 - DRAW YOUR OWN ART, PEOPLE!

Chapter 6 - DRAW YOUR OWN ART, PEOPLE!
GEEZ! Everywhere I go these days, I see people tracing, editing, and basically stealing other people's work. Let's start with tracing. I admit to having traced a few times myself. Namely, I draw something, but it's really messy, so I do an outline and trace that to make it look cleaner. What I don't do is go on the internet, print out a picture, trace and color that, then lie and say I drew it. FOR THE LOVE OF FANART CENTRAL PEOPLE, DRAW YOUR OWN *** **** ART!! It's not that hard, and you get much better with practice! People! It's in the rules! You are only supposed to submit things you've actually drawn! NO TRACES!!

The next thing: editing! This is worse than tracing!!! I see people take art off the internet, then go to paint or Photoshop or something and recolor it, then say they drew it!!! THIS IS NOT ONLY AGAINST THE FAC RULES, I believe it is ILLEGAL!!! PEOPLE, DRAW YOUR OWN STUFF!!! You know, a lot of those edits, or as I like to call them, "steals", would be actually convincing if (a) The people would remember to recolor little details so that you can't still see parts of the origional drawing or (b) didn't put other drawings they didn't edit up so we can see how they REALLY draw. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS ADVICE YOU EDITING, ART-STEALING SLIME!!! PEOPLE, FOR GOD'S SAKE, FOLLOW THE RULES!!! EDITS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON HERE!!! I WILL NOT HESITATE TO REPORT ANY EDITS I SEE!!! I'll admit, edits might make a nice avatar IF YOU DON"T PUT THE THING UP AND SAY IT"S YOUR OWN WORK!!

And last but not least: the outright art-stealers. For example: There is a chibi Kakashi picture that is popular on the internet. The person who created this cuteness has put it on many, many sites, including this one. Now, that is not the art-stealing part, this is: Here, on FAC, I saw someone had traced that, colored it, and put it up here as his own work. THIS MAKES ME SICK!!! C'MON, THIS PICTURE WAS MADE BY SOMEONE ELSE!! THIS IS ILLEGAL!! Also, I HATE people who take an outline off the internet (trust me, there are plenty of official art outlines out there), print it out, color it, then put it up there next to all their squiggles and crap and say it's their own work!!! PEOPLE, THIS IS STEALING COPYWRIGHTED MATERIAL!!! THIS IS ILLEGAL AND CAN GET YOU FINED OR EVEN THROWN IN JAIL!!! DON'T STEAL ANYONE'S ART, PERIOD!!

AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT TICKS ME OFF THE MOST? I go and confront one of these art-stealing slimeballs and do you know what they do? THEY INSIST THEY DREW IT!!! THEY CALL YOU MEAN FOR SAYING THEY DIDN'T DRAW IT, WHICH THEY DIDN'T, BUT THEY CONTINUE THEIR SCUM CHARADE AND STILL SHOW OFF THEIR STOLEN ART!!! And you know what? PEOPLE PRACTICALLY WORSHIP THIS SO-CALLED "AMAZING" ART!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO DARN STUPID TO RECOGNISE SOMEONE HAS STOLEN ART!!! PEOPLE, GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK, STUPID HEADS!!! DO NOT PUT UP TRACES, EDITS, OR STOLEN ART!!! PEOPLE WHO DON'T DO THIS, GET THIS INTO YOUR HEADS: IF YOU SEE SOMEONE WITH THIS KIND OF ART, DON'T JUST SIT THERE AND COMPLIMENT THEM ALL DAY!!! REPORT THEM!! DON'T LET THESE ART-STEALING SCUM OFF THE HOOK!!!

Oh, on one last note, I am perfectly okay with collaberations, etc. I am okay with people who make an outline, then someone else colors it WITH THEIR PERMISSION!!!

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Renkuto on April 12, 2007, 10:38:02 AM

Renkuto on
Renkutoyou are right.. i mean.. sure i used to FREEHAND a drawing once in a while.. but i dont do that any more, because i practice, and i dont need to freehand from a pic.. i only have like 2 pics that i did it to.. i hate tracing.. its so gay.. but anyways, good point you got to there! ^^

mangacheese1818 on March 24, 2007, 4:21:19 AM

mangacheese1818 on
mangacheese1818Dear god, I've been trying to get people to see this for months. I see pictures that are obviously traced, but people don't admit it. Tey leave it up and get compliments on it. I tell them to take it down, or at least give the original artist credit, and they yell at me. Urrrgh.

Do you mind if I link to this chapter on my profile?

kittyshootingstar on March 24, 2007, 7:42:56 AM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarGo ahead.

I see people tracing and editing all the time. First, I leave a comment gently explaining that it's against the rules and asking to take it down. Then, when they don't cooperate, I just PM an admin with the link so they can take care of it. With some of the repeat offenders, I just report them and don't leave a comment.

mangacheese1818 on March 24, 2007, 8:52:25 AM

mangacheese1818 on
mangacheese1818Thanks :3

Pandapaw on March 5, 2007, 11:31:51 AM

Pandapaw on
Pandapawyeah, i always draw my own stuff....prolly why its so bad lololol.

kittyshootingstar on March 6, 2007, 1:27:56 AM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarBut at least you draw it.

kyuubi64 on February 16, 2007, 6:35:52 AM

kyuubi64 on
kyuubi64i completly agree with what you say.

kittyshootingstar on February 16, 2007, 6:36:45 AM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstarThanks!

TropicofCapricorn on January 23, 2007, 1:59:32 AM

TropicofCapricorn on
TropicofCapricornI know I already commented, but I am just so glad someone finally is speaking the truth! I just had 3 or 4 people flame me for telling them or one of their friends that their traced/edited art isn't allowed on here. Good job kitty, good job.

TropicofCapricorn on December 27, 2006, 2:35:13 AM

TropicofCapricorn on
TropicofCapricornYeah, I know! People are so stupid! I mean, I'm not that good of an artist, but I try my best! And I don't trace or anything, because that's just wrong!! And like you said, it's clearly outlined in the rules you had to agree to to register! I doubt many people actually read those rules, but I did! Good job, exposing the truth!

dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twain on December 13, 2006, 10:29:25 AM

dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twain on
dont_ever_quote_Mark_TwainWhoa, you are so right. People are total idiots sometimes. I have read your whole thing, and I totally agree. This has inspired me to start my own rant story. Which I'm starting now. *favs*

kittyshootingstar on December 14, 2006, 8:11:15 AM

kittyshootingstar on
kittyshootingstaryeah, people are real idiots. well, a lot of people anyway. Thanks for the comment and fave!

dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twain on December 14, 2006, 9:11:35 AM

dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twain on
dont_ever_quote_Mark_TwainGrrr... that's why I wish ppl were born smart. 1. We wouldn't have to go to school 2. there wouldn't be as many idiots in the world. Some still, but maybe not as many. Yer welcome ^^