Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Deadly kisses

The LuCana, god of dragons, has been locked away, dorment inside his own soul for many thousands of years. The empire of Hexia, advanced race of planet conquring beings, have found out about this adn plan on controling him as a weapon...

Chapter 3 - Deadly kisses

Chapter 3 - Deadly kisses
Chapter 3: Deadly Kisses

        The two boys had been walking for awhile before they stopped to rest. Naku sat leaning against a tree while Tir was laying down in the grass lazily.

        "how long till we reach the next own?" Naku asked.

        Tir kept looking up at the sky. "A few hours. We will get there before dark." A leaf fell from one of the trees and landed on Tir's forehead. He didn't bother to reach up and take it off. He just left it there.

        Naku blinked a few times."Aren't you going to take that leaf off?"

        "Why should I? I think it was meant to land on my forehead. I'll just let it stay there for awhile."

        "Meant to?"

        "Yeah," Tir replied. "Kind of like I was meant to find you past out under the cliffs, and you were meant to fall there. Everything has a purpose. Don't you think so?"
        
        Naku just sat there silently. He had never been a believer in fate, but the fact that it was the lucana that found him when that was who he was looking for did seem like destiny. He decided, maybe some things were meant to happen after all. After a bit he looked back at Tir and said. "Well, if it was meant to happen and you pulled the leaf off, weren't you meant to pull the leaf off?"

        Tir giggled. "I soppose so." He sat up and let the leaf fall off his face. "Lets get going."

        After a few hours they could see the town ahead. It was bigger than Tir's hometown, and some of the houses were made of stone. They even had brick roads. The traveled into the town square which was booming with people running about buying all sort of things from the stands set up around the place. Tir explained that this was a marketing town that brought many people from all around to buy many items.Naku raced around looking all the wonderfull handmade objects and homemade foods.Tir laughed at his astonishment and chased after him, but in the quick pace of Naku's footsteps, The short dragon boy couldn't keep up and tripped over his own feet, landing on the bricks. He opened his eyes just in time to see someone's black boots in front of his face. Tir looked up slightly to see the person's hand reaching down to help him up. He took the man's hand and got up.

        As he dusted himself off Tir said in a slightly embarrased tone, "Thanks." He then looked up at the man. He was tall, with a fair complexion. He had long black hair pulled back in a tight ponytail. His eyes, though black like every kalimnian, shimered strangley. His facial structure seemed to be perfect, like it was carved from stone, and his lips were as full, if not fuller, as Tir's were.

        "It is no problem. You should be more careful," the man said in a deep dark voice. Meanwhile, Naku, who had been busy checking out a fresh apple pie stand, finally noticed Tir wasn't beind him and began searching franticaly for him.

        Tir nodded. "I'll make sure not to trip over myself again."

        The man smiled slightly. "What is someone such as yourself doing all alone?"

        "Well I wasn't alone," Tir said looking around for Naku, "A boy was with me."

        "I see. well I will help you find him. A woman so frail as you shouldn't be left alone"

        "What! I am not a woman! " Tir exclaimed in anger and annoyence at how many times that he had been mistaken for a girl through his life.

        "hmm? really?" the man said looking up and down Tir, "please forgive me. I just thought something with such beauty had to be female, but it seems I was wrong."

        gah, first he calls me frail, then he calles me a woman, now hes saying I'm beautiful, this guy is either fruity or loony. Tir thought, trying to keep his left ear from twitching in his annoyed state.

        Naku finally saw Tir and ran up to him. "Tir what are you doing leaving me like that?"

        "Me leaving you? you're the one running around everywhere!"

        "Oh yeah about that..." Naku looked over at the man. "Who is this?"

        "Oh, Naku, this is um...What is your name sir?"

        The man replied, "My name is Arkin."

        "Oh, what a nice name. I'm Tir, and this is Naku." Tir said, then turned to Naku "Arkin helped me up when I fell and we have been talking ever since then."

        "hm..." Naku Looked at Arkin suspiciously. Something was strange about him, but Naku couldn't pinpoint it. Whatever it was, he didn't trust him at all.

        "Yes and it has been pleasent talking to you dear Tir, but I'm afraid I must go now." Arkin said as he watched a young woman walk by. He turned to walk in the direction she was headed. "maybe we shall meet again."

        Once Arkin was out of sight Naku shivered, "man that guy gave me the creeps."

        "I found his company soothing...Except when he called me a girl."

        "He called you a girl!" Naku laughed

        "Oh shut up Two toes."

        "Hey, no need bringing my feet into the conversation long ears."

        "grr."

        That night the two boys rented a room in the town inn. Tir tossed back and forth in the bed , unable to sleep at all. He looked over at Naku who was lightly snoring and had his leg up in the air. Tir wished he could sleep so easily. He got up and went for a walk along the town's brick roads. As he was walking, he caught the faint sound of two people talking. He recognized one of the voices. It was Arkin. Tir walked around the corner to see who he was talking to. It was the woman he had followed when they had departed. Arkin was flirting heavily with the lady, and she was definatly flirting back. Tir felt a little odd watching them. Arkin flashed one of his sweet smiles and leaned down to kiss the woman.
        
        Tir was about to leave when Arkin stopped kissing her and called out to him. "Leaving so soon?" The dragon boy turned back and looked at him. Tir couldn't see the womans face, but she was abnormaly still. A chill ran down his spine. Arkin let go of the lady's body and she fell dead to the ground. Tir could only look at the dead body in horror.

        "Wha...what did you do?" Tir managed to say.

        "Isn't that obvious?" Arkin said calmly.

        "Shes dead...Why did you kill her?"

        Arkin slowly walked over toward Tir. "I had to eat. She tasted well enough, but it left me hungry. Her soul just wasn't that strong I'm afraid. Probably because she was so unpure."

        "Her soul...You're a Cilata!" Tir exclaimed. He had learned about the Cilata race in school. They were demonic acting creatures that disguised themselves as Kalimnians and ate the auras or souls of others by kissing them.

        Arkin smirked, still walking toward the dragon boy. "Brilliant deduction, Tir." As he walked he started changing to his true self. The face was the same except the eyes turned pure white. His hands shredded his gloves as they grew into claws.Red symbols appeared on his arms, and a monkey like tail appeared. "Your soul, Though shadowed for some reason, smells so strong and delicious, which is odd because I usually prefer women's souls.I'm sure with a scent like that it will satisfy me for months. "

        Tir started to run. Akin just smirked even more. "Ah, a chase. Nothing better to work up my appitite!" As Arkin Chased after him, Tir tried to run as fast as he could back to the Inn. He knew better than to scream. The last time someone alerted the public of a Cilata, there was a massacre in the streets. Better A Cilata pick off one or two people and wonder off than have the whole town kill each other trying to find out if anyone else was a Cilata.

        Right as Tir got as far as right next to the Inn, Arkin caught up with him and pushed him into the nearby Alleyway. Tir landed on his side and didn't have time to get up before Arkin had grabbed his shirt, picked him up and pinned him to the wall.

        "Hm, so sad for the little dragon," said Arkin in a sadistic tone, "Not even strong enough to defend himself, and too young to have a dragon form to fly away."

        "I have something better than a dragon form." Tir managed to say, even though he could barely breath from the weight of Arkin's body pinning him into the brick wall.

        "oh really and what would that be?"

        Suddenly, Naku, who had been sneaking up behind him, bashed Arkin on the head with a frying pan from the Inn's kitchen. The cilata yelped and fell backwards. Naku pinned him down before he could get anywhere and held up the pan to hit him again. Arkin growled at Naku, but knew the fight was over. Even though Naku didn't look it, he easily overpowered the cilata in brute strength.

        Tir caught his breath and was finally able to answer his question. "A friend with a heavy metal object."

        "i was getting a quick bit to eat, hints the frying pan, and I saw you running from this guy. Isn't he the one that we met in the square?"

        "Yeah, its him."

        "I knew there was something wrong about you!" Naku started to hit him with the frying pan and Arkin put up his free arm to protect himself.

        Before the pan hit Arkin, Tir stopped Naku's hand. "No. He was only doing what comes natural to him. He was trying to survive just as we all are. We can't really blame him for that."

        Arkin was astonished that Tir felt this way after he had just hunted him. Naku was also suprised, but he kind of expected it from Tir. After all, Tir was a very strange person. "But Tir he tried to kill you..."

        "I know." Tir Knelt down and turned his head to look at Arkin. "I've got a deal for you, and I know Cilatas are very proud beings so you can't back out on deals!"

        Arkin was silent for a moment then said, "I'm listening."

        "Alright, you promise not to hunt me, Naku, or anyone that travels with us, and we will let you live. Deal?"

        "....deal."

        Naku let him up and he and Tir walked back to the inn. Arkin sat there for a moment in silence, then walked off in a depressed slump from being defeated.In the room Niether Tir nor Naku slept.

        Naku layed on the bed and sighed."I still say it was stupid to let him live."

        "I know, but what can I say, I've got a soft spot for preditors." Tir said in a humorous tone while sitting on the bed holding a pillow.

        "Hes going to eat someones soul...Its not natural."

        Tir just looked out the window and watched as Arkin was walking away. "It is to a Cilata..."

        That next morning they gathered enough supplies to reach the village that the travelers that saw the army came from. They left and had gotten a little ways away from the town. Naku looked behind them and then sped up to walk beside Tir.

        "Don't look now, but Kiss-u kill-u boy is following us." He said in a hushed tone.

        Tir looked back and indeed, Arkin was right behind them. "Gah! What are you doing?"

        "I decided to follow you. How else am I going to get a kiss from you." He said with a sweet smile on his face

        "Hey, we agreed you wouldn't hunt Tir anymore!" Naku yelled.

        "I know, but that doesn't mean I can't try and trick him into kissing me. And if hes ever in the need of a quick suicide and I'm not there it would be a real waste. His soul is too delicious not to follow. Besides, you two seem like fun people to travel with and I get a bit lonely by myself."

        Naku just stood there twitching from being ovely annoyed. Tir sighed and said under his breath, "First I have a little girl who wants to marry me, and now I have a male stalker that wants to suck my soul out by kissing me, I simply have the worst luck ever."

        "So my new companions, where are we headed and whats the story?" Arkin said happily.

        Tir pointed to Naku. "Ask him, I'm too lazy to tell you the whole thing."

        "Hey, why do I gotta do it?"

        "You the leader of the group, I'm just the ranger/scout boy."

        "But I'm lazy too!!!"

        So Arkin relaxed and listened to the arguing, which amused him very much, for a very long while bofore any explaining ever accured.

        
        

        

        

        

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Astri on June 22, 2006, 9:20:13 AM

Astri on
Astri"A friend with a heavy metal object." Is anything better? ^.^ Although, if my best friend had a heavy metal object, we'd probably all be dead by now.

I wonder what happened to underline and grey half of your story? :perplexed: Hmm. Also, why is Naku now calling Tir Tir instead of Flip? @.@ Confusion...

Oh well. Doesn't mean it's not still a good story. Forward!

Trinity_Fire on May 7, 2006, 3:53:43 AM

Trinity_Fire on
Trinity_FireAhahaha, and the characters begin to join up.
Mmmn, poor tir being seen as girl again... ...[though somewhere inside, I think he enjoys it XD] and frying pans! yay! XD
::does a dance, then falls down::
Need mroe~! I love how you've got humor and seriousness and plotline and good characters all bundled together, so wonderful~! ^________^-
Lovely story~! wai! this is going in the favs. You keep it up, you. ;)

Midnight_Chaos on May 6, 2006, 5:01:50 PM

Midnight_Chaos on
Midnight_ChaosThat was a great chapter!!! Really interesting, especially with your new character Arkin. So he's joined the little pilgrimage now? That's cool!! Kinda creepy how he devours ppls souls, but it's an awesome idea. I hope you continue this!!
~Corad~ ^-^ *favs*