Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Reotai Brothers

The LuCana, god of dragons, has been locked away, dorment inside his own soul for many thousands of years. The empire of Hexia, advanced race of planet conquring beings, have found out about this adn plan on controling him as a weapon...

Chapter 6 - The Reotai Brothers

Chapter 6 - The Reotai Brothers
Chapter 6: The Reotai Brothers


        Flip awoke in a dark room. He looked around. There was a small window, and it looked to be storming outside. He was laying on a four post bed with satin sheets and velvet blankets. It was too dark to see anything else in the room. Flip tried to remember what had happened. The demon had been running with him and knocked him out after he had bitten his arm. Then he remembered Arkin. Flip tried to get out of bed but something tugged at his leg. He took the covers off to see that there was a thick chain made of dragon iron that was around his ankle keeping him ontop of the bed. He pulled on it everyway possible, but it was no use. Normaly a dragon could melt chains, but this was made of dragon iron, an unmeltable metal that was forged by kalimnians who lived on the Koreem mountain.

        For a few seconds Flip sat and wept like a little child. He had lost his friends, who might be dead for all he knew, and he didn't know where he was or what was to happen to him. Suddenly, he heard a sound. It was like a door creaking open. His face shot up.

        "Whose there?"

        There was a scuttle of footsteps on the floor. They sounded to big to be the demon's cat form, but too little to be his humanoid form too. Flip squinted as hard as he could. The dragon made out the shape he took to be a small kalimnian boy at first, but then saw it had pointed ears and a tail like the demon had. Flip moved as far away from the smaller demon as possible without hurting his foot.

        "Please, don't be frightened." The little demon's voice seemed lighthearted, yet nervous.

        "Who are you? Are you with that other demon?!"

        The demon nodded his head. "Please just calm down."

        "Why should I calm down? I'm being held prisoner!"

        "I'm sorry, I didn't wish this, I really didn't, my brother said it was necessary. Just talk to me please."

        Flip tried to calm himself. The demon boy sounded sincere. He decided to give him a chance. "...get some light in here so I can see your face, then maybe I'll calm myself."

        The little demon scurried over to the left side of the bed. He then struck a fire stone and lit up the two big candles on the table. Flip could now get a good look at him. He was about as tall as Flip. He had bright eyes like the other demon, but blue instead of green. His hair was blonde and spiked up. He was pale and had a very cute face. The demon had a rat's tail like Flip's, but it was thicker and about three quarters of the length.

        The demon looked at Flip and smiled. "Are you going to calm down now?"

        "We'll see. Who are you anyway."

        "My name is Cian Reotai."

        "Reotai?" Flip thought he had heard that name before.

        "Uh-huh. Can I get you something to eat?"

        Flip shook his head. "I soppose that cat demon was your brother."

        "yep, that was Forin. I'm sorry about the way he acted. Sure you aren't hungry?"

        "I'm fine. Why did he bring me here in the first place."

        Cian shrugged. "He wouldn't tell me. All he said was to chain you up in my room. I told my other brothers and they all agreed with him. Well, except for Seth. Then again, Seth never agrees with anyone."

        "Brothers? How many do you have?"

        "Five. I'm the youngest. Were you the youngest child? Its so hard. They always make me do everything."

        While Cian was ranting on how difficult it was to be the younger child, Flip was thinking. Even if he could get out of the chains, there was no way he could fight five demons. He didn't think he would have to worry about Cian. Cian didn't seem to want him in the chains anymore than Flip did.

        The little mouse demon sat on the edge of the bed. "I am really sorry about this. But I'm sure Forin only wants to keep you safe."

        Flip glared. "Safe from what!"

        "I'm not sure. Please don't be angry with me." Cian cowered slightly.

        Flip stopped glaring and a sympathetic smile came across his face. "I'm not angry at you. I'm just very angry at your brother right now. See, he hurt my friends."

        "Forin does that alot."

        Flip saw that Cian was clasping his arms and shivering."Are you cold?"

        "Just a little," Cian said meekly.

        Flip picked up the velvet blanket, pulled the little boy closer, and covered him up.

        Cian giggled shyly. "Thank you. Your very nice for a prisoner."

        Flip smiled. He didn't have anything against Cian. Most people would have hated him just for being a demon. Luckily for Cian, Flip wasn't most people.

        After a bit Flip layed back down. Cian layed beside him. The little dragon closed his eyes. He was sill tired from what had all happened. He felt Cian snuggle up to his side like a small child would when it was cold or scared. He didn't care. Flip just relaxed and fell asleep.


************

        At the hexian battleship base, Shima was standing outside the Dragonfly. There was a new battleship there. It was painted blue with the yellow numbers 7902 on the side. It was the blue division's main battleship and was named Pegasus. Shima stepped up to the ramp as Skii, the blue division captain, walked down to him along with Poe, the green division captain, behind him. The ten guardians followed. When they got to the ground, they stood side by side in front of Shima.

        Shima nodded at the other captains. Skii was a brown haired, golden eyed hexian who looked about the same age as Colonel Feign.Many scars covered the skin that was visible. He was taller than Shima by an inch or two and a bit more broad in the shoulders. Poe on the other hand only came up to Shima's shoulders. He wasn't a hexian by blood. He was of the race that lived on hexia III before it was taken over. That race had no name, for its history was wipped out. He was now labeled a "black blood hexian." Poe's long black hair was down to his waist was tied back in a tight pony tail, but his bangs were bushy. His skin was a dark tan and his eyes were a copper color. Poe's face had sharp features, but they were nice look to it. He was a very fair looking man.

        "Captain Shima, it's been awhile," Skii said.

        "It has indeed. Welcome to Kalimna."

        Poe looked around at the lush enviroment. "It is a very fertile planet, isn't it? I don't see why we haven't taken it over yet. We could supply ourselves with more food and water."

        Skii snapped at Poe. "Food and water is not the king's goal! We have to time to squander on supplies. We have a galaxy to take over."

        Poe's face remained emotionless. "Yes, but we could do a better job if our military wasn't starving."

        Skii gave one last glare at Poe then turned to Shima."I soppose your brother has informed you of why we are here?"

        "Yes he has," Shima replied, "but I expected your soldiers too. Are they not with you?"

        Poe looked up at Shima. "We didn't think it was necessary. Your soldiers are the most experienced for such a planet. Besides, we were only sent here by the king because he knew it would take all three of us to make sure the Prince didn't go on a mass murdering spree."

        Shima nodded. He was thinking of when he thought he was going to pass the prince and princess off to Poe. I figured now that the option had fallen because of Poe's intelligence on the subject, he had no choice but to help the other captains.

        Skii had discovered a butterfly fluttering beside them and hadn't been paying attention. After the butterfly dissapeared into the woods, Skii suggested they go inside the Dragonfly. They walked inside and went to Shima's office. When they got there, the image screen button was beeping.

        Shima pressed the button and yet again Feign popped up on the screen. "Hello Shima."

        "What good timing you have, Colonel. The other captains have just arrived. "

        "Is that so?" Feign glanced over at Poe and quickly back to Shima. He sat up and started acting formal. "Thats good news. The Prince and Princess are going to be arriving earlier than expected."

        Shima twitched slightly. "How much earlier?"

        "Tomorrow."

        Shima grumbled under his breath. Skii put his hand on his head. Poe didn't seem to be paying attention. He hadn't even looked at the screen since it had came on.

        "Is that all you needed to tell me, Colonel?"

        "Pretty much." Feign said.

        Suddenly there was a voice on Feign's side of the screen. "Is that Shima sweety? Let me talk to him!" A woman with black hair and silver eyes pushed Feign out of the way to get her head in the picture.

        "Ouch, mom, you're on my foot! "

        "Oh, sorry Feign. Hello sweety."

        Shima looked down at his own feet. "Hello Mother."
        
        Shima's mom was smiling brightly. "Oh don't be so shy now Shima! Whose my little red heart?"

        "mo-ther" Shima said in an annoyed voice.

        "Come on say it! Whose my little red heart hm?"

        Shima grumbled. "I am."

        SKii snickered in the background. Poe nudged him with his elbow slightly glaring.

        "So where are you sweety?"

        "I'm on Kalimna."

        As soon as Shima said Kalimna, his mother's face went white. "K-kalimna?" She looked down. Something was wrong.

        "What is it mother?"

        "Oh its nothing, dear. Have a good time on your little mission. I'm sopposed to be meeting your father for supper and I'm late! Goodbye." She said, then ran out of the picture.

        Feign positioned himself back into the middle of the screen. "Sorry about that Captain Shima, I couldn't stop her."

        Shima nodded. "Its alright...brother."

        Feign smiled slightly. "Good bye Shima, Skii, Poe."

        Poe glanced at Feign for a second then went back to gazing around the room. Skii nodded goodbye and Shima shut off the screen.

        "Well, back to business," Poe said. "Lets start baby proofing the ships."

        "The prince and princess are bringing babies?!"

        "Shut up Skii."

************************

        Back in the forest, Naku was running along the demon's trail with Natami not far behind. Suddenly, Naku stopped, checking for signs. It seemed that the trail had stopped at a day old campsight. Natami saw that he had stopped and ran up to him quickly. "What is it?"

        Naku shook his head. "The trail is gone. Damnit, now what are we gonna track!" He said angrily, punching into one of the nearby trees.

        Natami sighed and sat down on a log. "it seems a lot of demons were here. He must have had companions."

        Naku paced around looking for any sign, and found nothing. "Is there a town nearby Natami?"

        "Um, yeah. Not far at all."

        "Lets go there. Maybe they will know of any demon nests around."

        They walked along till they got to the small town. It was a badly built town, with no boarders or gardens. Just little wooden houses that were barely holding up. Natami walked up to one of the ladies in a rocking chair right outside of her house.

        "Excuse me ma'am, but we need some help."

        The woman looked up. "Well, I'm happy to help, child. What is it you folks need?"

        Naku replaid. "A cat demon kidnapped our friend. Would you happen to know if a demon nest is nearby?"

        She shook her head. "No sir, no demon nests. But did you say a cat? Ah, you must be talking about that Reotai that lives in the palace up there."

        Naku's eyes became wide. He knew the name Reotai well. They were the royalty of the demon race. They had been all over the galaxy, but went into hiding sometime ago. No wonder he knew about hexians He thought.

        Natami kept talking. "Can you tell us where the palace is ma'am."

        "Oh sure, hun. Its just up that dirt road there, but I don't recomend going though. They are horrible creatures, simply horrible! Course they don't bother us none if we don't go near them, and let that dog one pick off some of the cattle once and awhile."

        "Thankyou ma'am but we must go. Goodbye." Natami nodded and started walking along with Naku.

        Naku's eyes were glued to the road. "I think we're in for more than we can handle on this one."

        Natami looked over at him. "Why? we can just sneak around and get him out. No trouble."

        "Theres no sneaking around the Reotais. Don't you know who they are?"

        "No. Should I?"

        And so Naku explained that they were demon royalty. Natami didn't seem to understand, but Naku didn't care. She would see when they got there anyway.

         Back at the palace, Cian and Flip were both asleep, wrapped up in the velvet blankets cuddling together in the middle of the bed, because it had gotten very cold in the room. Cian opened his eyes and sat up. Flip didn't wake up, he just curled himself in a ball. Cian got out of the bed, blew out the candles, and walked to the door. as soon as he walked out and closed the door behind him, Cian pulled out a magic stick and lit it. Magic sticks were like cigarettes on earth, but instead of tabacco, they were filled with fairy dust. Cian blew a puff of blue smoke and leaned against the rock wall.

        "Those things are bad for your lungs you know." Forin said, walking up to his little brother.

        "Yeah yeah."

        "Turn back to yourself Cian. You look stupid smoking that thing in your younger body."

        Cian blew another puff and then started to transform. He became taller and his blonde hair grew out to his shoulders, slicked back, and ram like horns grew from his forehead. His face turned from a cute kid's to an attractive teenagers, and his ears grew slightly longer.


        Cian looked over at his other bother that was coming down the hall. "Hello Seth."

        Seth was so tall that he towered over the others. He had long white hair, and his face resembled Cian's but with a green stripe on the left side of his face. His eyes were blue and he had peachy colored skin.

        "Did it work?" Seth said.

        "Yeah, I had that nieve dragon wrapped around my claw. He even let me cuddle 'em. Maybe I should take advantage of the situation."

        Forin glared at Cian. "Okay enough with the gay stuff, tell us what you found out."

        Cian puffed green smoke this time. "Nothing much. He's just angry you killed his friend."

        "phf, is that all? Find out some more when he wakes up again. Like what that hexian had told him to get him to travel along." Forin said while walking away.

        Cian threw down the magic stick and put it out with his foot. He changed back to his younger self and started to go back into the room.

        "Cian."

        "Yeah Seth?"

        "Don't mess around with him. Chaos wouldn't take kindly to you hurting his brother."

        "Hey," Cian smirked. "what Chaos don't know won't hurt him!"

        Seth gave a glare. "Cian, don't."

        "Okay, I was just kidding! Don't worry, I'll...play nice."

        Seth walked off and Cian walked back into the room, crawled back into the bed, and cuddled the sleeping dragon gently as he fell back asleep.

        

        
                

        
        
        

        
        

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Astri on June 22, 2006, 10:15:42 AM

Astri on
AstriI have a feeling Seth is the dog, but I could be wrong. Guess I have to see. Umm...nothing new to report. Some typos still, but like Trinity says, the plot is definitely heating up. Oh yeah...and Shima's mother is funny ^.^

Flip the page...

Trinity_Fire on May 8, 2006, 9:01:58 AM

Trinity_Fire on
Trinity_FireO_________O
Cian! I'm not sure which version of him I like better, they're both pretty cool. XDDDDD Yaaaaaaaay for pixie magic sticks. O___O I wanna get high on faery. XDDDD
Wai~! poor, poor Flip~! And soft little hints of yaoi! yes'm! so very very nice! XD
The plot's really heating up! so interesting! Wai~! Continue, please. :3 ::bobs head up and down::
Sugoi!!!