Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter One

Many years ago,there was an elegant,mysterious dragon.This dragon could mold any clay,so he made a rare race that appeared every thousand years...And the poster...appears before the next mage is ready.Zayli...the mage...a poster,from a dear friend...

Chapter 1 - Chapter One

Chapter 1 - Chapter One
"Ah?!" I screeched, "A dragon poster?"

"Yup!" my best friend said proudly, "It's the only one like it in the world."

"How much did you pay for it?" I questioned.

"Um...around $200..." she whispered to me. "I saved my whole allowance to get it..."

"Mayu!"

"What? ...You're that great of a friend to me..."

I sighed. 'And all I got her was a little leopard plush...She shouldn't have spent that much money on me...’

"You don't like it?"

"No! It's not that... I just think you spent a little too much money on me... And that this present beats what I gave you..."

"Oh, that's fine. I love what you gave me." she said nicely, holding the tiny feline to her chest, "Your present there is a huge 'thank you' for being with me through everything..."

"Mayu..." I said happily, "You're one of the few people who understand me... I should be the one saying thank you..."

"It's okay though, Zayli..."

"Ah?" I said involuntarily as I looked out the window, "Your mom's here."

"Oh," Mayu said sadly, gathering her belongings and headed out the door. "Bye! See you in a few weeks!"

"Yeah! At school!" I shouted depressingly, then I smiled warmly, "Bye!"

And with that, I waved goodbye to her until I couldn't see her anymore.

I retreated back into my house, setting the tube that held the expensive poster on a nearby chair. I walked into the room that was a combination of a kitchen and an office. I went through there, ignoring the mean remarks Tom, my younger brother, threw at me, and went into the indoor entry. I slipped my shoes on and went down the stairs to the entry outside. I shivered slightly and took about 2 feet of tape from its dispenser. I went back inside the house, still a little cold from the wintry temperature and went up the stairs. As I went through the indoor entry, I kicked off my shoes and proceeded to the kitchen/office. I laughed at Tom as he looses on one of his games and picked the tube up from where I had left it. I passed through the cluttered living room and into the slim hallway.

All of a sudden, my older brother Alan opens his door. He has shaggy, dark brown, wet hair, wearing a black Marilyn Manson shirt, and baggy jeans with duct tape here and there. In his arms, were a warm coat and a towel.

"What?" he said to me.

"Nothing..." I murmured.

"Zayli!" cried Jo, another brother of mine from down the hall, "Come into the bathroom and see my-"

"I'm not interested at the moment, Josiah." I interrupted him. "I have a poster to put up..."

"But, it's so cool!"

I was getting a little annoyed at this point. "I'm not interested..."

"Aw, come and see my submarine! I can make it flip over, too!"

I went into my room, ignoring the pleads from Josiah. I sat down on my bed and stuck the strip of tape to the side of the desk by my bed. I took the cap off of the tube and tilted it so the poster slid out, unraveling itself.

"Wow..." I said to myself.

What I saw was a beautiful, red-eyed, horned dragon. It was black and green, its underbelly looked similar to armor, and it had blood red wings. The dragon was sitting on a small cliff with its tail curled around a rock. In the background, was the ocean, dark and eerie, a partly cloudy sky, a flock of some type of birds, and in the horizon, it looked as if a storm were brewing with the lightning streaking the sky. Along the rocky shore, there were six bulky men, half of them with tools or weapons, and two thirds of the men were on a Vikings-like boat.

"This is amazing..."

I took a piece of the tape off and stuck it neatly on the back of the poster. I continued doing so until there was no tape left.

I looked around my room until I spotted a large blank area on one wall next to a jewelry wearing gecko. I smiled, picking up the poster and carefully fitted it to its new spot. I sat back down onto my bed, admiring the poster. Then, I peered across my shoulder to my clock that said it was 8:53 pm. I yawned, shut off my light, and slowly drifted off to sleep on my bed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment