Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - The Next Guardian Issue 9: The fallout plus Linda

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 9 - The Next Guardian Issue 9: The fallout plus Linda

Chapter 9 - The Next Guardian Issue 9: The fallout plus Linda


The Next Guardian Issue number 9



Sonic woke, thick smoke all around. The olive grove was burning. The human. Human. Ekyt. That was it. Man, he had to move. He put Ekyt into a fireman carry and juiced toward Knothole. The whole group was waiting. He dropped Ekyt off in the infirmary. After Doctor Quack assured him he was okay, he sped off to the royal palace.

Ekyt awoke a short time later. He ached, both physically and mentally. He moved his head and looked into Doctor Quack's flashlight. He blinked at the light. Doctor Quack said something to what sounded like Rotor. C'mon eyes, focus. There. He saw a group of concerned faces. He went to get up, but was pushed gently back down. “Wha happen?” he slurred.

“Oh, you're okay. Thank God. We were worried.” The voice of King Elias greeted his slightly-singed ears. As he moved to bow, he was again pushed back. “He's okay. Whew.” Ekyt moved and pushed past the restraint. “Could you give me a moment, sire? I want to get back into my own clothes.” He had noticed the hospital gown and wanted to get rid of it. “Of course.” Elias smiled and moved. Ekyt put on his trademark red shirt, along with black pants. He felt under the bed for his sneakers, black and white striped things (writer's note: Think original Addidas style, for lack of a better reference). He found them okay, a little muddy though. Ah, that's better.

He walked out through the curtain. The freedom fighters all breathed a sigh of relief. “How are you feeling, “ asked Tails. “I'm all right.” He was still bruised good though. “How's Sonic?” he asked.

“Unharmed. Thanks to you. He's the one who brought you here.” Ekyt raised his eyebrows comically. “Ahhhh, that explains why I'm not pushing up daisies in that goofy parallel universe.” The group chuckled, until Ekyt rose. He realized two of the group was missing.

Mount Fate. Boy, this has caused a lot of lore. How much was true? Whenever Knuckles had instructed him in combat, he took the Zoot Shoot (remember the zoot shoot?). Ekyt opened the hole and dove in.

He landed on his good side, rolled and emerged in a combat position. Knuckles came gliding over from a shadowy corner as Ekyt hit the dirt. Then Shadow plowed into him.

“Oof!” Knuckles chewed out Shadow. “You nutty black hedgehog, the kid's injured. What're you thinking?” Shadow favored Knuckles with a look. “Me? You nearly took his head off.” “Hey, guys? I'm fine, thanks. Where's Linda?” Knuckles walked over this time. “She's off in the new emerald chamber, doing some target shooting. She was worried sick, man. You better go tell her you're all right.



AND NOW, THE LONG-AWAITED LINDA-SU SOLO!!!



Linda-Su took aim and fired. She missed. No wonder. Her hands were shaking. She was only kidding herself to keep trying to keep things normal. With Ekyt d…

A figure in a long, black coat was suddenly beside her. “Miss me?” He asked with a grin. She hugged Ekyt. “Thank God you're okay. I was so… I mean…Um.” “Worried?” Ekyt said teasingly. “Well, yeah,” she said as she blushed. He kissed her on the cheek. He could sense her surprise. “I'd better go.” The courage Ekyt felt was gone quickly. He turned and walked away. Linda-Su started after him, but stopped. The kid had risked his life countless times in the past few hours. But he couldn't face her yet.

She decided to see what Knuckles had on file on this kid. There had to be something to tell about his past. He never sat and talked, never just chilled like a normal kid. He was always on the move. Something was different. Maybe that's why she was so intrigued…

“His bio? Sure.” Knuckles rummaged in a cabinet full of papers and handed her a slim portfolio. “Thanks Knux,” she said and waved.

His Bio read:



Name: Ekyt

Species: Humans

Hair: dark brown

Eyes: hazel

Height: 5'8

Weight: 125 lbs.

Likes: martial arts, justice, making weapons

Dislikes: tyranny, oppression, bullying

Other: A 17-year-old human. He is currently training to be a guardian of the chaos emeralds, under current guardian Knuckles. Has a history of being bullied.



She read the last line twice. That explained it. He was shy because of lack of contact. He was willing to risk his life, but not his feelings or his heart. She slid the information back into the portfolio. What could she do? Had he been betrayed too often? Hmmm?

A little mystery always made a guy more interesting. She'd have to make sure he was okay. Where was he this time of day. She smacked herself in the forehead. Duh! Studying or training on Mt. Fate.

She snuck up the mountain. He was somewhere else, but he left a checklist. It read:



What it Takes to be a guardian:

By Locke and Archimedes



Extensive physical strength training.

Endurance

Willingness to learn

Thorough knowledge of echidna history

approved by Echidna high command
[/list]


So, he throws himself into his studies. An escape? She'd find out.



Next issue: Number 10! Linda-Su Bio, and the main event: Flesh and Bone vs. Metal and Stone.

When robo-robotnik comes to town, it's up to our heroes to put him down!



Linda-Su Solo part 2




Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on October 4, 2006, 4:18:08 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogHey, wicked story here. Having a few problems trying to read it, but I'll read as much as I can ^^

Cowgirl05 on July 3, 2006, 5:43:54 AM

Cowgirl05 on
Cowgirl05Love?! Really!! Wow!!

Lady_Ayame316 on March 24, 2006, 7:16:43 AM

Lady_Ayame316 on
Lady_Ayame316Awwww! Linda and Kyte! That's soooo sweet! Great ch.!

Cowgirl10 on March 16, 2006, 11:07:57 PM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10Awww!! Love's in the air!! Awesome story.

Neopetgirl on February 25, 2006, 1:32:06 PM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlAm i like the ONLY ONE TO READ THIS!!!DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR OTHERS??

Neopetgirl on February 25, 2006, 1:31:20 PM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlAWSOME!!!Awwww Wittle Linda HAs A WITLLE CRUSHIE POO!!!Awww this is great i can't explain to you how much i LOVE THIS!