Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - The Next Guardian: The Epic tenth issue!

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 10 - The Next Guardian: The Epic tenth issue!

Chapter 10 - The Next Guardian: The Epic tenth issue!


Next Guardian: The big issue: # 10



Flesh and Bone vs. Metal and Stone part 1



Ekyt spent his time making weapons, training others, and he trained himself. Nicole, Sally's computer never lied. Mobius was about to be rocked by an attack of robots. An intercepted transmission from Robo-Robotnik, who had united with this world's Robotnik, had been planning a major offensive. They had twenty-four hours to prepare.

Knuckles moved up beside him while he was working with Tails and Amy Rose. “Well, kid, you're getting good at this. But, the echidna high command has summoned us. Linda and Julie can take over for now. It's urgent. The women kept training the younger kids. Knuckles and Ekyt walked to an especially thick part of the Forrest. In it's green bosom it held Echidna-kind's most revered of place: The Grand Conservatory, which connected to Knuckles home, Haven.

Knuckles ran his hands over a series of ancient carvings in the stonewall before a ramp fell to grant them access. They walked down. Dusty trucks and now-obsolete technology greeted them. Then the echidna high command came into view.

Knuckles got down on one knee. Ekyt followed suit and raised his head to look at the Echidna wise men. Locke, the leader, spoke.

“Now, more than ever, our world, as well as others is in grave danger. Knuckles, I believe it is largely up to you and your protégé' to protect all of Echidna kind as well as the freedom fighters in Knothole. And, should we all survive a major assault, we need both of you to retrieve a relic of Mobius' past, belonging to the royal family. It is the Book of Acorns. In it's sacred pages are words that are critical to restore former-King Acorn to full health. Do you accept the quest after this attack?”

“Yes…Dad.” Said Knuckles “Yes.” Ekyt said. “I hope you have recovered from any wounds you suffered from your kidnapping.” The old echidna smiled. “Yes, I have. Thank you. And Archimedes has informed me of your duel. Excellent work.” The young man blushed at the compliment. “Knuckles, my son, I leave the fate of the echidna future in your capable hands. You may go.” Knuckles and Ekyt rose and left.

“How'd it go, boys?” Julie-Su and Linda-Su wanted to know. “We've got to repel this attack. If we all survive, Knuckles and I have a mission to recover the Book of Acorns.” “Oh, that reminds me, Tails and Amy want to show you what we taught them. Go ahead, guys.” Tails and Amy ran up and flipped the older two onto their backs and had their arms trapped in one motion. “Impressive! Good work.” “Wait, there's more. Amy. “Piko-Piko.” She said simply. Knuckles and Ekyt looked at each other. Amy's mallet stopped just short of their heads. “Good work. Keep it up.”

Knuckles walked away with Julie-Su, to make contingency plans. Ekyt turned toward the others. “I have something for each of you. For you, Amy, I made this.” He held up a diamond hammer with a gold handle. “I had some help.” He slid a glance at Linda-Su. “For you, Tails, I have this staff. It was made from your old house, before Robotnik. It was given to me by Sonic, who got it from your parents.” The kids left, hand in hand, marveling at their new toys.

Ekyt smiled grimly at their satisfaction. “They're gonna need those. Oh, before I forget, this is for you.” He handed her a crossbow, painted deep pink to match her skin tone. “It's… so beautiful. Thank you!” He looked at the ground. Linda-Su remembered what was in his bio. Maybe it was time for confessions.

“Listen, Ekyt, I need you to know, I've seen your bio, and I want to tell you, there's no reason to be shy around me. I'm not gonna bully you. I want to be there for you.” The young man blushed nervously and mumbled. “It's gonna take some time…I do like you…just never…relationship.” He looked up. Then lowered his eyes quickly. “Sorry. Just a little nervous. Most girls just, well, think of me as a weak link, small, too smart for my own good. You're the first girl to treat me like I belonged. I can't thank you enough.” “S'okay.” She smiled at the clearly embarrassed human. “We gotta get back to work.” She said.

They went back to work. The storm was coming in twelve hours and counting.



LINDA-SU SOLO STORY # 2



“Thanks Knux.” He had Linda-Su's bio. This girl wasn't like the others. He had to know more.



Name: Linda-SU

Species: Echidna

Skin: Deep Pink

Eyes: Green

Likes: Target Shooting, Justice

Dislikes: Criminals, disorder

Other: Has been a police officer on Echidapolis for two years. She is 15 years old.



“Hmm. Nothing like a tad of mystery to add to my curiosity. It's probably me.” Ekyt had been talking out loud. He heard footsteps. They were lighter, belonging to a female. He bolted for the other door silently.

Linda-Su walked in. She was exhausted. The kid's self defense class was worthwhile, but exhausting. She had been forward with Ekyt, and she saw a glimmer of hope of him getting some self-confidence back. She saw her name on the outside of the portfolio on the desk.

Ekyt's fingerprints were all over it (Remember, Ekyt was arrested for a crime he didn't commit, and he was arrested by Linda-Su.) She decided to shoot some targets before bed. She was about to do that, when she spotted a package on her bunk. She opened it and a projectile weapon rolled out. She read the note:


Please take care of yourself,

Enclosed is a human-made gun.

I hope it serves you well in combat, as we

Need your expertise.

I really need to thank you for helping me.



Ekyt



“Huh!” she said. Well, time to take this baby for a test run. She moved to her shooting area in the new chaos chamber. The weapon was long and bulky. She took aim at a destroyed swatbot. THUDDDWUSHHH! A projectile blew the swatbot into a pile of nuts and bolts.

“This'll come in handy. Thanks kid.” She hit the sack. In ten hours, the fate of the world as she knew it would be decided, for better or worse.





Next issue: Flesh and Bone vs. Metal and Stone Part 2

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cowgirl10 on March 16, 2006, 11:12:20 PM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10I think it'd be cute drawn out too!! =)

Neopetgirl on February 27, 2006, 3:45:42 PM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlYEAH GO AHEAD I WOULD LOVE THAT!!THIS IS SO GETTING GOOD!!LOL A HUMAN AND ECHIdna?Still cute!!!!LOL Linda-su HAS A WITTLE CRUSHIE!!!I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH!!!THANKIES FOR THIS INTENSE STORY!!!!IT's REALLY CATCHING MY ATTENTION!!^_^ keep it up!

DaWolff on February 23, 2006, 8:01:08 PM

DaWolff on
DaWolffI DONOT WANT TO SEE ANY TAIMY DRAWN!

nextguardian on February 23, 2006, 11:01:36 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianAnyone want to see this drawn out? I don't know how good I'll do, but if you think it's a good idea, let me know