Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - The Next Guardian Issue 17

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 17 - The Next Guardian Issue 17

Chapter 17 - The Next Guardian Issue 17


With the Book of Acorns retrieved, Ekyt and Knuckles, along with Sally and Sonic, return to the Echidna high command in Haven.

Kneeling before the esteemed echidnas, Knuckles and Ekyt told their story. The high command, with Locke, Archimedes, and others, nodded their approval. “Have either of you suffered injury?” asked Locke. Ekyt rubbed his arm without thinking about it. Knuckles answered: “I myself have a small case of frostbite, but he…well, maybe you better show them…”

Ekyt nodded and took of his shirt and turned his back to them. “Hmmm…” said Locke, “What caused this injury?” “Robotnik whipped me, sir.” “And why did you let him?” “With all due respect, I didn't have much choice. I was handcuffed. My arm was wounded by an arrow in the caverns, then Robotnik gave me a dose of something that freezes blood. It was healed by a power ring.” Locke thought for a moment, then conferred with the others. “Princess, may I speak with you?” “Certainly, Locke.” She and Locke walked into the main area of the Grand Conservatory.

Ekyt looked over at Knuckles. A strange look marred the echidna's face. Ekyt really didn't know what to think.

“Are you sure Locke? I mean, has he really done anything wrong?” Locke stroked his beard. “Princess, we are governed by age-old laws on Echidnapolis. He has broken a rule. It may seem unfair, but… Ekyt. Please allow me to confer with you.”

Ekyt got up and walked over to Locke. “What's happening, Sal?” Sally choked back tears. Locke returned and spared her the problem of telling Knuckles what happened. “By order of the echidna high council, Ekyt you are banished!”

Ekyt's normally white face turned even whiter, though he knew better that to argue. “Under what grounds?” he asked. “The misuse of a power ring to heal yourself. That is for emergency use only. Please turn in your ring.” Ekyt did. He shook hands with Knuckles and the Princess and left.

They stared after him. “Locke, please, he was sent nearly to his death and simply wanted to complete his mission.” “I',m sorry Princess, but this is out of my hands. The council has voted.”

Ekyt walked alone. He was beyond grief. He needed to be alone.

So he walked for miles. There was nothing he could do. He just wandered aimless until he was off Echidnapolis and even past Knothole. He had stopped only to grab food and the few possessions he kept. He left a note for Linda-Su. As far as he was concerned, his days as a somebody were over. He now only wished to slip into the margins, as he had done before he came here.

With a last look at the island he sought to protect, and the people he cared for, he set off. Alone.



Next Issue: The backlash

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cowgirl10 on March 16, 2006, 11:28:03 PM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10WHAT THE ......?! HELLO!! BANISHED?! =0

Neopetgirl on March 6, 2006, 2:50:03 AM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlWHAT BANISHED!!!THATS SO NOT FAIR!!!!!I need to read whats gonna happen!!!^_^