Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - The Next Guardian Issue 19 The backlash part 2

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 19 - The Next Guardian Issue 19 The backlash part 2

Chapter 19 - The Next Guardian Issue 19 The backlash part 2


The Next Guardian Issue 19 The backlash part 2



Ekyt stared at the wooden roof of his hut. His home. He could never get used to thinking that. He was banned from his home. He pulled himself off the soft earthen floor and took a walk.

In a week he had fortified and camoflagued the place with rocks. Through his binoculars he could make out Knothole. Far away. He sighed and retreated behind his wall of rocks. He heard a noise in the bushes. He grabbed his throwing knives and threw one where the feet of his attacker should be.

Linda-Su stepped out of the brush. She wasted no words but ran over to him. She hugged him, then pushed him away. “No time. We need you. Knothole is under siege.” “It's not my problem. Not anymore. There's nothing over there for me anymore.” He grumbled. “Not even me?” she asked with a sad smile. “Not even-huh?” She smiled again. “I moved to Knothole in protest. So get your stuff. Knothole's in huge trouble.”

Without another word he scrambled to get his stuff. He started toward Knothole. “Hold it. Why walk when you can ride?” She moved back the leaves to reveal a motorcycle. “My police car,” she said by way of explanation.

He climbed on, and she climbed on behind him, and, after a moment's hesitation she wrapped her arms around him. She felt his tight abdominal muscles. She saw the back of his neck blush. But she just held tighter as he throttled it.

He dodged around trees and roots. Knothole was in site. So was it's attacker. Robotnik. Of course.

“Stay here!” Ekyt said to Linda-Su. He shot the bike forward. Standing on the seat, he readied himself for the jump of a lifetime. It was too high. But that could change.

Robotnik heard THUNKTHUNKTHUNK! He looked over the side to see throwing knives in the side of his hovercraft. Clinging to one was that meddlesome human.

Ekyt looked up and saw Robotnik. He used the knives to climb up face to face. “Chill out, chubby.” He said matter-of-factly. He reached into the hovercraft and pushed all the buttons on the dashboard. Robotnik lost control.

Ekyt free-fell the five feet and landed perfectly. “Curse You!” Robotnik shouted. Ekyt never stopped moving. The pent-up rage he had felt the last week came out all at once. With a roar, he charged robotnik's minions. He threw a series of Knives and then dove in the fray, punching, kicking, elbowing.

Sonic, who had been exhausted, had the break he needed. He jumped back in the middle. Between Ekyt's raw power and anger, and Sonic's speed and agility, they destroyed the robots that were plaguing Mobius.

The battle was won. The human had returned. But things weren't the same. He was being booed. “Now hold it, what are you mad at me for. I just helped save all of you!”



What are they mad about?

Find out next issue

The Big one- Issue Twenty!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cowgirl10 on March 16, 2006, 11:32:37 PM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10Booed!? What the.....?! =0

Neopetgirl on March 6, 2006, 3:08:05 AM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlWhy are they mad him!!He just saved their lives!!I gotta continue to find out!