Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - The Next Guardian issue 20 The perilous journey

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 20 - The Next Guardian issue 20 The perilous journey

Chapter 20 - The Next Guardian issue 20 The perilous journey


The Next Guardian Issue # 20: The Perilous Journey



“You're mad at me because I don't fit in?” Ekyt said to the group. He was being bullied all over again. Linda-Su came over and put a supportive hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah, and we don' like it when ya hang out with that echidna bimbo.” Yelled Geoffrey as the crowd gasped. Ekyt looked calmly over at Linda, who gave him a solemn nod.

He pounced and soon was all over Geoffrey. Geoffrey fired desperately and struck Ekyt with an arrow in the shoulder. Sonic held back Ekyt, while Bunnie grabbed Saint John.

“Allright, that's enough. I think he belongs here, but there is a way to find out. That is, if my brother is willing. Oh, and we need the echidna high commands permission.” She went to find King Elias and her father while the crowd muttered excitedly.

“Geoff's a jerk, but take it easy. Oh, and thanks for the rest earlier.” Sonic said. Ekyt just looked down and nodded. “Hey, man , you'll be allright. We need you. Just remember that.” Sonic clapped him on the shoulder and walked away.

“Geez, don't you ever take care of your wounds?” Linda had a bandage. She wrapped it around his shoulder and shot an angry look at Geoffrey. “Linda…” he asked. “You don't think I…well…don't belong, do you. I mean…” She kissed him on the cheek. “Does that answer your question?' she asked softly. She saw him turn red again. He looked into her deep green eyes. For a second anyway. Then he looked at the ground again.

“Announcing, King Elias and the Esteemed Maximillian Acorn!” King Elias wheeled in his father. “I have spoken with the echidna leaders and they have agreed that Ekyt can serve penance as well as prove to you that he belongs.” He paused and looked at the crowd. Daring someone to argue. When no one did, he continued.

“Sir Ekyt, please approach me.” Ekyt did and kneeled before the king. “For your penance, for want of a better word, you must complete three tasks: Number One: You must steal a dragon's nose ring. Number two: you must travel to the parallel universe and defeat three enemies. You also must bring back proof. And Number Three: You must confront Robotnik and rescue at least 10 captives.”

The crowd gasped. Ekyt still kneeled, but had turned whiter than usual as he asked his only question. “Sire,” he began, “This will allow me to resume training as a guardian?” The king nodded. “On behalf of all the citizens of the Kingdom of Acorn, I wish you the best of luck.”

The crowd seemed to feel sorry for Ekyt. The jeering stopped. No one threw garbage. Ekyt and Linda-Su left through the crowd. “Take my bike.” She said when they were away from the crowd.

Ekyt paused. It's now or never, knucklehead. Do it quick.

“Linda…I…I'll miss you.” Then he kissed her. It was an innocent kiss. Linda and Ekyt closed their eyes and savored the moment.

Seconds later it was over, and turned red and looked at the ground. “Wish me luck.” Said Ekyt. He mounted the bike and was off.

“Good Luck.” Said Linda-Su.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cowgirl10 on March 16, 2006, 11:35:31 PM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10Awwww how sweet! This is getting good!!