Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 38 - The Next Guardian Issue # 38

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 38 - The Next Guardian Issue # 38

Chapter 38 - The Next Guardian Issue # 38


Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Ekyt, Linda-Su, and Sally headed back to the island. The Echidna high command wanted to see them all before they left. Ekyt and Knuckles knelt in front of them. Locke began. “Knuckles, you are aware of the power a guardian has, when he is in tune with the chaos emerald, are you not.” “Yes Dad, I am.” “Is Ekyt aware?” “Yes, but he has not been approved by the command yet.” A BOOM!” hit the Grand Conservatorium hard. As things shook, Locke spoke urgently. “We think it time for him to have what is termed as a slight chaos control.” He turned to Ekyt. “First, I shall return your ring. I was not myself when I took this away. Secondly, when you are “in tune” with the emerald, that is to say, both it and you are in danger, you can draw from it's power temporarily. Each power is unique to the user, so even I cannot say what you will do.”

They left the underground shelter to face the new enemy. They didn't have to wait long. Sonic, Tails, and Sally took the left side while Ekyt, Knuckles, and Linda-Su too the one's on the right.

The battle began. Like days of old, the combat was hand to hand and intense. Sally and Linda-Su held their own. Sonic dashed around one creature. It kept stabbing downward until all it's tentacles were stuck in the ground. Tails then pulled it up, popping off the tentacles. One down.

The battle continued. Tails and Knuckles were taken down. Then Sonic took a shot for Sally, but recovered. Ekyt and Linda-Su took down two, with her shooting off the tentacles. Then Sally and Linda both got taken down. Sonic was still stunned. Him and Ekyt were left. They destroyed two more. Then Sonic took a shot that sent him into a tree.

Ekyt was alone. He kept his head, though. Freaking out would do no good. Then the creatures started attacking all the others but him. He watched them writhe in pain. Watch them struggle to get up, to breathe. They all fell.

Ekyt remembered what the Echidna elders said. He had some kind of power. It was worth a shot. Then Linda took another shot and stopped moving.

Despair. He felt nothing else. No, useless emotion, think. Anger. That's it, anger. Think Anger.
A scream came forth. It was everything he wanted to say, but couldn't. His ring glowed, then he began to glow. He sped toward s the creatures and began pushing them back. Ekyt stood alone…again. This time, they were playing for keeps.

Ekyt turned again. He could tell the emerald was about to fail. That left time for one more rush. He looked at his hurt friends. Maybe he could…

Ekyt transferred the emerald's power, a little into each of them. They all revived, and fought with renewed vigor. The creatures were pushed back. Ekyt's power left, and he fainted, his wounds bleeding, his ankle twisted, his collarbone swollen, and his cut lip.

The battle was won, but a champion may have fallen. The group stood over their friend. Linda-Su knelt down and stroked his hair, a congealed mass of blood. His eyes flickered briefly, and then…



WHAT NEXT! ISSUE 39 COMING SOON!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cowgirl10 on May 10, 2006, 5:37:31 AM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10WHAT?! He doesn't die, does he?! (racing for the next chap!)