Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 81 - The Next Guardian Issue 81 The Power's back!

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 81 - The Next Guardian Issue 81 The Power's back!

Chapter 81 - The Next Guardian Issue 81 The Power's back!


Locke heard the alarm, signaling a breach of his home, Haven. He already knew who it was. Athair.

It was indeed Athair. Neither had much love for the other. But Athair's appearance always meant urgency. “Locke, the human. The Ancient Walkers have plans for him. He needs to be reinstated as guardian immediately.” “You know as well as I that I have no more power that you to do so. I agree Ekyt has shown immense loyalty, but the committee” “The committee is unaware of his importance. Who brought forth the charges?” “Lara-Le. What has she to do with it?” Athair recounted her words to Linda-Su. Locke stroked his beard. “What do the ancient walkers have in mind?” “Your guess is as good as mine, Locke.” “Well, I just can't tell Remington he's fired.” “A duel is the only way, Locke.” “Very well.”

Espio and Vector were holding up a frame as Espio pounded it in and Ekyt worked on the roof. His house was coming along nicely. His ribs creaked with the effort, so he stopped momentarily as Knuckles gliding over. “Kid, you've got a duel, you win, you're a guardian again. When do you want to schedule it?” “Now.” He climbed down the ladder. Espio, Mighty, Vector, and Charmy joined him. “I want these guys in my corner…and Linda.” “Are you sure? Kid, you can't walk without a cane, you're ribs…You're crazy!” “Yup. What's crazier is when I win, I'm sticking with the Chaotix as well as being a guardian. Where's he want to fight?” “Emerald Beach, near the gully.” “I'm there.”

Ekyt pulled on his black pants, tossing aside his shirt and coat, as per the custom. Linda took them, a worried look on her face. He tossed her his cane and limped to the center of the markings that served as the boundaries. Remington stood across from him, menacingly. Ekyt didn't flinch.

The two charged. Remington went low. Ekyt expected this, and jumped, shifting postions in the air as he leapfrogged Remington. He stuck downward with an open hand. “Just a little heads up, I am the game, and I want to play! (Motorhead words for WWE's Triple H, thought it fit the situation.” Ekyt snarled. Remington rebounded with a shot to the chin, with which Ekyt rolled with the punch and caught the echidna with a hook kick high up in the side. Remington spun, Ekyt caught him and slammed his down on the sand.

Remington pretended to struggle. He grabbed a handful of sand while yelling “Now!” Geoffrey St. John hit Ekyt from behind. Ekyt clocked him, and turned into Remington, who tossed the sand in his eyes. Remington scored a throw on the blinded Ekyt. Geoffrey jumped on too. Things looked bad.

Linda shouted to Locke. “This isn't legal! Locke, you need to stop this!” Locke shook his head. “This is how things are settled.” Two new voices spoke up. “Fine, we'll just even the odds.” Shadow jumped forward, grabbing Remington and throwing him into a nearby tree. Violet (Violet_Rose) whacked Geoffrey with her hammer. Eden (Violet_Rose) helped Ekyt up. “Hold still.” Ekyt trusted Eden. She tossed something on his face, whatever it was cleared the sand. Ekyt, furious, tore the bandages off his ribs. “Thanks, but these two are mine!” Ekyt charged forward, his shoulders hitting Remington and Saint John. Geoffrey, for his interference, earned a dip in the drink. Remington, grabbing a coconut for a weapon, went to strike, but a hammer fist stike from Ekyt broke it in half. He stared down Remington. The two exchanged hits, neither playing defense. Remington had one last trick. He pushed away and held up a chaos emerald. “I'll smash it! Surrender, or I'll smash it!” Ekyt paused, then stared to kneel, a sign of defeat. Once Remington's guard was down, Ekyt took out his legs, caught the emerald, tossed it to Knuckles and went back to the fight. He held the echidna by his dreadlocks, when Remington yelled “I give!” Ekyt tossed him anyway, but not into the tree he was aiming for originally.

The Chaotix escorted Geoffrey and Remington away, while Linda ran up to Ekyt. “You did! Man, that was awesome!” Ekyt spat blood away from him. He smiled at her, before he started to feel week. Linda propped him up, then helped him walk away. There would be time for celebration later. For now, he needed rest.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cowgirl10 on May 10, 2006, 5:40:27 AM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10HOLY COW!!! IT's so long but it's GREAT!! Wow, it's amazing that you've kept it going this far!! *wink* Keep up the good work!!

Violet_Rose on May 8, 2006, 11:33:30 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseTeah! ACTION! *Mission Impossible music plays* Hiiiiyyaa!, lol, Great issue! ^^