Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 102 - Close Quarters of the Enemy

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 102 - Close Quarters of the Enemy

Chapter 102 - Close Quarters of the Enemy






The power drained out of them, leaving all of them in a heap. Sonic was the first to recover. Everyone okay? he choked out with a cough. Tails, the youngest, rebounded fairly quickly. He felt he had something to prove to Sonic and Sally. Knuckles got to one knee and then pulled himself up, while Ekyt grabbed a bed and pulled himself up. Yeah, Im good. Wait, whats that? He grabbed the paper and cursed. Listen to this:





You have a choice heroes. Do you save your friends, or the emeralds? A bomb is set to detonate both. Oh, what will you do? If you all give up, well spare everyone and the emeralds. I await your answer. Ekyt tossed the paper down. Well, I say we give up. Not totally. Sonic added, at the defiant looks the small group had. I can cut through the cages or whatever with my Sonic Spin, and&Hey, whats that! Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) came out of the shadows, bashing a lamp over Knuckles. Hey! Easy! Sonic restrained her. Relax, were the good guys! Tiffany stopped. Oh, sorry. Look, I want to help. Ekyt spoke up. Let her. Shes one of those ultimate life forms. He was trying to wake Knuckles up. Knuckles finally came to, and he was furious. It would take a while for him to calm down.





Linda-Su, Violet, and Eden (Violet_Rose) took charge of the situation. Those who were injured got the best care they could, while the others were instructed to disrupt operations as much as possible. Eden wasnt the confrontational type. Violet was, and Linda was more angry than anything. The thing they had in common was they all cared for few things. Eden was different in the way that she was more accepting quicker. It took Linda a while, and Violet pretty much kept to herself. In this case all differences were put aside. One by one, the group started to disappear, returning as robots. Families were being broken apart. It made them all angry, but there was nothing they could do.





Okay, heres how this works. Knuckles and Ekyt give up. You guys get inside and do some damage, as well as damage control. The emeralds are nearby, so maybe we can use that to out advantage. Tails, you get power rings, maybe ten, to heal the others with so they can run for it with us. And Tiffany, while I cut through the floor, you smuggle the prisoners out. Then Ill look for the royal family.





Ekyt had put his coat and mask in Haven, so they wouldnt be stolen. The two were frisked before being put in the cell. Ekyt passed out bandages he had smuggled in. He watched a young girl fight as a boy her age was taken away. It was Paula and Kurt! Hold it rustpot! Ekyt shouted before smashing the robot to pieces. You two get back to the cell! Get the others under control! Dad, take this! Paula said. (Paula-Su is Ekyt and Linda-Sus daughter in one possible future, and Kurt is Ekyts adopted son, ah, see issue 100 special!- N.G.) He took the emerald shard from his daughter. It was a pendant he had given her. The robots would be coming any second&Time for one more order of business.





Linda& he said quietly. He told of the desperate plan they had formed. Trust the others. Ill be fine, you just worry about yourself. She flung herself into him, her head buried in his chest, actually crying. He stroked her hair and back. He saw the robots coming. Okay, Ive got to go. Take it easy, Ill be fine. Linda handed him something small and black. The robots grabbed him and hauled him into a chamber. He was about to be roboticized.





The floor beneath the cell quivered, and finally cut. Sonic motioned the others to jump down the hole. Tiffany ran groups of ten out of there, alternating that duty with Knuckles. Linda was the last to jump down, wondering what was happening to her boyfriend.





Robotnik saw the others escape on the monitor. Blast! Well, I still have one& he turned menacingly toward Ekyt, who stiffened up, as per guardian customs. What, chubby? Gonna roboticize me? Thats the plan, you pest. Ekyt smiled darkly. Yeah, Im a pest, but its about to get even worse. He planted the little black thing Linda had given him on the side on the roboticizer. Thats a bomb. You have five minutes to figure out how to disarm it. Or, you can give me the chaos emeralds. Because that thing will take out this whole lab. And no, Im not bluffing. Id die for the others, so dont screw with me! Ekyt laughed. Fine. Take them. Kragok shoved them into Ekyts chest. Now, how do I disarm this? Robotnik asked desperately. Search me, I dont know. Good luck fatty! Ekyt ran for it. Tails was floating up ahead. Tails, weve gotta run for it! That bomb is gonna go off anytime now! Take the emeralds and fly out of here! Ill cover your escape! Ekyt kicked a robot into two others, starting a fire, which, in turn, set off the sprinkler system. The end of the complex was in sight. But he heard a cry for help. It was a small girl echidna. Ekyt ran back to help her, but heard the telltale beep of the bomb he had set. Stay close, close your eyes and cover your ears! Ekyt called to her. The place blew up. The girl was fine, but Ekyt killed by the blast. However, the two of the new Ancient Walkers, Athair and Aurora, were smiling down on him that day. His death is premature Athair. And he would only ask to be sent back. Aurora told Athair. Athair nodded sagely. I agree. Give the human back his life. And call back my daughter, Itara (another next guardian creation). He gave a rare smile. You set him up Athair? I suppose Haven requested it? Aurora said. Only partly.





Ekyt sat up, looking to check on the girl. She was gone. The complex was in ruins. He ran for it, wondering how he managed to escape. That was a mystery for another day.





Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on October 11, 2006, 4:53:35 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogwow that was an awesome chapter, i felt it all

Violet_Rose on July 2, 2006, 12:52:12 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_Rose^^ Awwww, awesome...U got my characters personalities just right!

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 29, 2006, 11:19:05 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAwesome ^^ keep it up