Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 111 - Changing of the Guard

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 111 - Changing of the Guard

Chapter 111 - Changing of the Guard
This issues theme song: Twisted Transistor (By Korn or the version by Twisted Sister)

With Robotniks plans ruined, Ekyt and Sonic smiled satisfactorily. Then Ekyt felt a pain in his chest. Whats wrong? You okay? Sonic asked urgently. Soul touch. Lindas in trouble. Ekyt concentrated on his ring. Sonic, knowing what was going on, warned him. you know that pulling that chaos control stuff is gonna get you in trouble. Ekyt, still concentrated, hoping he wouldnt be too late.
Linda-Su found the young boy, an echidna, red in color, with a touch of white in his dreadlocks. He looked to be twelve years old. Climb on me piggyback, okay? Linda told the frightened young echidna. He jumped on and she ran from the building. A doorway collapsed. They were trapped. A flash and buzz. ekyt? How did you- Never mind! Were trapped. Ekyt grabbed his staff and pried the beam up, holding it. Go, quick! What about you? Ill be fine, hurry! he shouted over the roaring flames. He kicked the beam, opening a narrow passage. He dove through, rolling out into the street. Linda was helping the echidna breathe, yelling for an ambulance. Ekyt watched, and when he tried to help, a knife was pulled on him. Back up, human. I have no doubt you started that fire. The echidna was maybe thirty. Ekyt backed off, furious that he was being accused of it. An ambulance came, and the EMTs (Emergenct Medical Team) told Linda he would live Thanks to you while warning her about Ekyt. At this point, a group of echidnas gave Ekyt a dirty look. The firefighters and policemen told him not to leave the country. Linda-Su, seeing her boyfriend getting angry, pulled him away.
Those ungrateful jerks! he snarled Linda agreed with him. Knuckles glided to them, telling them they were wanted by the brotherhood right away. Ekyt shook his head and swore. The chaos control and the accusations& relax, Im with you. Whatever they say. What they said turned out to be interesting, if nothing else.
Locke, Sabre, Hawking, Sojourner, and Thunderhawk were there to greet the three. Locke got straight to the point. Ekyt, we think its time you disappeared. Your duties will be taken over by Linda-Su. You are dismissed. This saddened Ekyt, but he was glad his girlfriend was getting the job. I have one request, if the council will allow it. Locke raised an eyebrow, then invited Ekyt to proceed. I want to be the one to give her the guardian stripe.
Interesting turn of events Locke thought. He seems to have seen this coming&taking the chance with the chaos control&unfortunate, despite all his problems. Ekyt raised a question: What do you mean by disappear? Locke allowed Hawking to field that. That is up to you. We ask that you return the mask, and the ring. Locke watched the lad nod. His face was stoic. But he could tell through the young mans eyes that he was feeling anger and despair. He sympathized, he really did. But he didnt have any say. And he had broken the rules.
The ceremony was set to begin in a few minutes. Ekyt was holding the mask when they were called. First, Ekyt took off his ring and gave it to her. Then he handed her the mask. Finally, taking the white strip from his own chest, he, carefully, put in across her upper chest. If it pleases the council& He took off his coat and handed it to her. She stood up and hugged him. Im sorry Ekyt. She said. He smiled back. Hey, no sweat. Just take care of yourself. But what are you gonna do? I have some friends Im going to train for a war, build a new place to live, probably on Mobius, and&well, miss you. If you ever need me&Soultouch will connect us. Linda looked in his eyes, seeing the pain behind his facial stoicism. Besides, he added, If anyone should take my place, its you. I trust Knuckles, and& he finally let his emotion get the better of him, but choked it back. Just keep in mind&I love you. Ekyt turned to the council. Did you hear that? Let your age-old records show I love her! Thunderhawk told him to shut up, but Ekyt ignored him. At least you showed some good judgment in choosing an excellent replacement! You can stop me from guarding the emeralds, but I will guard her, defend her with my life! Do you hear me? My life! And if you do anything to her, I swear&! Ekyt left, his footsteps echoing his anger.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Jo_Pen on August 15, 2006, 11:13:33 AM

Jo_Pen on
Jo_PenI love the "Soultouch" thing. Thats pretty cool!

Violet_Rose on August 13, 2006, 10:55:34 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseCan't wait for the next chapter! ^ ^

Shadowthe_hedgehog on August 13, 2006, 7:28:35 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOh, This is AWESOME, I'm off to read the next chapter ^^