Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 121 - A Coffin or a Casket?

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 121 - A Coffin or a Casket?

Chapter 121 - A Coffin or a Casket?
Colin gulped before beginning. As you have all heard by now, Ekyt fell yesterday. He sacrificed himself to keep us alive. Now, its up to all of you, but I feel it would be a poor way to repay his sacrifice if we just gave up because some so-called monarch said so. King Acorn as good as pulled that trigger. But thats the past, and theres nothing we can do. He gave me specific instructions not to find his body. That was his last wish, and Im going to honor that. We need to stay strong and support each other. Linda-Su was torn between anger and grief. Tiffany tried to stay strong for the group. Mitch, Tails, Amy, and Eden were all openly sad, but staying firm. And Colin was the leader. Colin looked at the group, instantly deciding on their next action. I saw we openly secede from Knothole Village and King Acorns reign. The group gapsed. You cant be serious! That would be suicide! Mitch exclaimed. Hes right. But what choice do we have? Tails asked. Amy agreed. Theres no peaceful solution, is there? Eden said to no one in particular. No. The single word uttered from the twelve year old lingered in the bunker. Not for a long time. This is something I cant forgive or forget. At that moment the hatch opened, revealing Sonic and Uncle Chuck.

Hey, why so glum guys? Sonic asked. Ekyts dead. The first time Linda-Su had spoken. What?! Sonic had to sit down for a second. Robuttnik! If I ever-.. No. The Dark Legion killed him. Tiffany said, patting Lindas shoulder sympathetically. Eden, who seemed to dislike Sonic, put it aside. He made a deal where they got him in exchange for us. He stepped forward and they..they..pulled the trigger. Tails filled in next. Right between the eyes. Tiffany got us out of there before he even his the ground. But he was already dead. Nothing we could have done. Colins anger flared up suddenly. This is King Acorns fault! He as good as killed him! I will never be a part of his kingdom! Uncle Chuck took took Colin to the back. I know how you must feel. I mean, I built the original roboticizer, and watched my brother become a mindless metal monster. This is in no way your fault. But you shouldnt blame the King either. Hes only doing what he feels is best. We may not agree, but refusal is.. Refusal is respect to Ekyts memory! Imagine being banished from your home world- twice! Uncle Chuck nodded. Most people see my robotic skin, and thats it. They dont care to learn anything else. But you know, its not the outside that counts.. Oh yeah? Then why is the only human in the kingdom or the floating island always blamed. Too late, hes dead now, and theres nothing I can do. Chuck sighed. Youve got the makings of a great leader Colin. But dont do anything rash.

Now, with that pest out of my way, I can concentrate on my next target. Lien-Da, if you please.. Certainly Kragok. A slideshow was shown to the Dark Legion supporters of their next target and all they knew about him. Knuckles was next on their list. Have we any volunteers to face the valiant guardian. Kragok snickered. One hooded echidna stood up. Ill take the job. And you are? Kragok asked. My name isnt important. What I can offer you is. Fine. Bring me the guardian. As you wish Master. Give me six months. I have no patience for.. My plan takes time, Kragok. It will not fail. The hooded echidna left.

The bunker was still somber. It didnt help they couldnt properly bury Ekyt. And Linda never got to say goodbye. But somehow she knew exactly what happened, replaying the gruesome image over and over. She could just see him, standing in front of the others, daring Kragok. Taunting him. Buying them time. Then taking his execution like a man. It was in slow motion, the bullet hitting him, folding to his knees, laying face down. Then nothing. It was so unfair. She sat down at the desk that been his. It felt akward, empty, disturbing. But at the same time, she felt like she belonged.
Sirens went off in the bunker. They were under attack. The little group was outnumbered horribly, but fought on. Injuries on both sides piled up. The hooded echidna (From before, dont forget him!) pushed his way through the crowd. The guardian is my task alone. Be gone, all of you, or you face Kragoks wrath! For emphasis, he bashed the nearest soldier in the face. As you wish. The commander said hesitantly. Good. Dont ever intrude on one of my jobs, or it will be your head next. That goes for all of YOU! he yelled at the stunned soldiers, who scrambled for the exit. When he turned back, the whole group surrounded him. Bad move scum! Linda snarled. Youre mine! The likes of you have no place in this world. The hooded echidnas voice softened. I sent them away for a reason, please, give me a chance to explain. Or at least make myself a little more familiar.. He tore off the hood, the front, and shortened the hem. No mistake about it. That was Ekyt. My God.. Tiffany uttered. Its you! In the flesh. Well, not the original, but its only temporary. Ekyt said, forcing a smile. Turning to Colin, he whispered How do you walk around naked like that? This feels weird! Colin smiled. You get used to it. Im just glad youre back! Thanks. But right now, Id better go to the back. Im guessing Lindas at my desk. At Colins nod, Ekyt knocked. Come in. Answered a somber voice.


NEXT ISSUE: LINDA-SUS REACTION TO THE NEW EKYT. PLUS, IM REVEALING THE TITLE: MAKING AMENDS! SEE YOU NEXT ISSUE GANG. SO, CHECK IT OUT, CAUSE NG DOES WHAT OTHERS WONT!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on September 23, 2006, 1:10:41 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME!!!

Violet_Rose on September 22, 2006, 1:28:55 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseAwesome, loved the Chapter! ^_^