Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 123 - I'm Amazed

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 123 - I'm Amazed

Chapter 123 - I'm Amazed
King Acorn was surprised to hear that he was alive. Purposely, Sonic didnt tell him that Ekyt was now an echidna. As much contempt as I hold for the lad, tell him my ear is open. King Acorn said after some thought. When the blood-red echidna walked in with the shock of dark brown hair bouncing merrily, in contrast to its owners face. Im here to apologize for any wrong-doing, and problems I have caused you. When your trust is limited, you go to extremes, and that is no doubt what I did. Ekyt answered. I feel I have burned a bridge I should never have bothered looking at. King Acorn was genuinely moved by Ekyts words. Perhaps I was hasty in my judgment of you, seeing only the outside. Youre one of us, and Im sorry I ever said otherwise. I hereby grant you your knighthood back, and welcome you to the realm. The banishment is lifted.

Locke was more difficult. You broke many of our time-honored traditions. Locke began. Was I not right to do what the people needed? Yes, but when feasible, you should have stayed within our parameters. It wasnt always feasible, and the course of action I chose to take in each situation was not detrimental to the island or to the credibility of the guardian. Are you saying there was an outside circumstance? Locke countered. Ekyt answered with a prompt Yes. When Locke wanted to know why, Ekyt answered him with was directly on his chest, er, fur. I was ostracized because I was human, and the long in-bred distrust of my former kind was a black mark against me from the start. Locke couldnt deny it. Linda-Su has expressed her wish to go back to police work, so perhaps you can be reinstated. But I need 3 of five votes..

In the room to vote, Thunderhawk, Sojourner, Locke, Athair, and Archimedes cast their votes. Thunderhawk and Sojourner were against his return. Athair and Archimedes wanted his reinstation. Lockes vote would decide it.

Ekyt waited nervously outside. Linda-Su went in and told her version of Ekyts actions. Eden (Violet_Rose) and Tiffany (Shadowthe_hedgehog) did the same. While their accounts were positive, Locke wasnt sure he was convinced. When he called his son, Knuckles, in to testify, his son gave him advice as though he were the less experienced. Dad, you once told me that how hard someone works and what they have to show for it were the two most important traits you could look for. Ive since added loyalty to that list, with the betrayals (Knuckles is referring to his mother trying to kill Ekyt) in our own family, wouldnt loyalty be more important? Locke adjourned to Haven to ponder the question. Hours later, almost a full day since Ekyt had asked his audience, Locke answered. Welcome back.

Ekyts world had fallen into place. He was a guardian again. His group was alive, and would continue to operate with him leading when possible. Colin was responsible to handle the day-to-day problems. He could relax, and he couldnt wait to tell Linda.

Youre okay with this Linda? Ekyt asked, worried. Are you kidding? I hated being a guardian, I just didnt want someone else to get it. You didnt stop guarding, title or not. Ekyt still looked grim. This feels weird. I mean, talking to you normally but standing in front of you, a totally different species of animal. Its fascinating, but disturbing at the same time. He said, looking at his body. Linda gave him a concerned look. Youre still you. Just a different body. Youre fine either way. If youre like this for six months, try to get comfortable. Its amazing. I wanted to fit in, and now that I can.. I know. Ive been meaning to say something too. Linda-Su looked away. I-I..? A whip cracked near them. Touching. Too bad you didnt stay dead. Maybe this way Ill get some fun out of it.

WHOS THE ATTACKER? AND KURT AND TIFFANY? WHO SAW THAT COMING?!

ITS LIKE I SAID, NG DOES WHAT OTHERS WONT!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on September 29, 2006, 3:24:09 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME ^-^ Great work NG

Violet_Rose on September 29, 2006, 2:30:33 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseNice Chapter! ^^ Nicely done NG! ^.^

nextguardian on September 29, 2006, 2:00:49 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianNOTE: FOR THE KURT AND TIFFANY THING, HAVEN'T WRITTEN IT YET, BUT FOR SOME HINTS, READ SONIC X: NEXT GUARDIAN STYLE!

-NEXTGUARDIAN-