Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 139 - A Cry for Help

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 139 - A Cry for Help

Chapter 139 - A Cry for Help
Tails looked up, stunned, at Ekyt. “Why’d you do that? I was only following your advice!” Ekyt stared down harshly. “My advice was to meet the right girl. If she’s the right one, you won’t hear a thing from me. But if you come here and start attacking people, I’ll put your Tails in a sling.” Tails looked genuinely hurt. Then he tugged his shades back on and straightened his coat. “C’mon babe, let’s skedaddle. This chump isn’t worth out time.” He threw his arm around the anti-Sally and they flew off the island.

“We’ve got to bring him back!” Sally said immediately. Ekyt shook his head. “No, that’s the reason he left. Being babied. Sonic, you know these jokers better than anyone. What are they gonna do?” “They’ll drop him like a bad habit. That kid doesn’t have a bad bone in his body. He’ll snap out of it.” Linda agreed, and brought up their next topic. “Robotnik’s been active lately. And I think we’ll need more than the regulars to stop this. Let’s head to Knothole and discuss this with the others.” Ekyt held back. “Let me just get someone over here to keep an eye on the place…”

Colin looked at the screen. Ekyt wasn’t a father to him, though his Colin’s parents were both dead. Ekyt was more the cool cousin who let’s you have fun. Today he was all business, seeing if Colin and his group, the OSS, could come to the island. That meant Colin, Mitch, Kurt, Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog), and Amy. Amy wasn’t in any shape to go. She was desperate for a new boyfriend. She lost out on Tails AND Sonic. Tiffany convinced her to go. Of course, it didn’t take much convincing when she learned the Chaotix were going to be there. A group of boys (Minus Julie-Su) could only be good for her. She kind of liked Espio. The mysterious nature and all… (Blegh! I can’t believe I wrote that!!! *shot!* –NG)

“Well, Sugah, ah do declah! Ah haven’t seen hide nor hair ‘o ya’ll since the last time we put the boots to Robotnik!” Bunnie hugged Ekyt. “Ello.” Antoine held out his hand, all stiff and formal. Ekyt shook it. “Hey, would you try out some new stuff for me on this mission?” Rotor asked. Ekyt thought to himself: These are real heroes. “Sure Rotor. I’ll try ‘em out.” “It’s been a while, hasn’t it guardian?” Ekyt threw himself backward, in front of the group, staring at the echidnas in front of him.

(Commercial Break- LOL)

Ekyt pointed at them. “No way. We can’t trust them.” Wynmacher and Lara-Le, Knuckles mother and step-father (who have tried to kill Ekyt in the past, because Lara-Le doesn’t like seeing humans and echidna’s as couples –NG) Wynmacher stepped forward. “You have every reason not to trust us. I can’t blame you. But, well, we all worked together in this.” “What’s that?” Ekyt asked, slowly realizing there was a circle around him. “You see, we couldn’t tell you because you would never have agreed.” Linda-Su began. “I’m afraid we need a liaison to the afterlife. Someone who the deceased members of the brotherhood trust. And that’s you.” “And just why do they need me?” Ekyt asked sternly. “Why not ask Knuckles?” “Because Knuckles can’t know this. He’s too emotionally involved.” With a sigh, Wynmacher continued his story. “The brotherhood is about to fall. If Haven is lost, then all hope is lost. We all thought Kragok was dead, but now he’s got an orbital satellite aimed at Haven. If the ray from that thing is fired, we’re doomed.” Ekyt stared at Wynmacher and Lara-Le. “I don’t trust you…”

“You need further proof? Meet Janell-eli, Athair’s mother.” Ekyt stared wide-eyed at this thousand year old woman, who looked as if she was in her early thirties. “My son needs you, as do his ancestors. You’re the last guardian left to trust. Please.” Ekyt bowed, indicating he would. Linda followed him out.

“Linda, will you work with the Chaotix? I know you can take care of yourself, but” “Say no more. I get your point.” She said with a mock pout. “I’ll just see how my sister is doing. Besides, it’s a short trip.” She said, falsely chipper. Why did he have to go? This was dangerous, not that it was anything new. But she was just starting to really feel comfortable with him. She suspected he felt something similar.

Ekyt geared up, taking his staff, his mask, and a backpack with a couple of power rings. In his coat pocket, he kept a shard of chaos emerald. Time to go meet with the Brotherhood and stop this maniac.

MORE TO COME

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 12, 2007, 8:29:21 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogSWEET, luv the chapter NG ^^

nextguardian on March 12, 2007, 10:49:04 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThank you^^ What did you think of issue 100? I had forgotten that I made it a special and just added it, lol ^^

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 13, 2007, 7:05:54 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogHeh, I read it when you made it a special, remember? yeah, I still say it rocks!

nextguardian on March 13, 2007, 11:15:06 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThat's right, you did! I saved the comments too! Apparently my brain isn't working tonight, lol

Flashthehedgehog on March 10, 2007, 7:25:23 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWhat an action-packed chapter/adventure/what ever you want to call it. This is awesome work NG! Lol at Tails too, this change of heart thing was in a Sonic Comic once.

nextguardian on March 11, 2007, 4:19:22 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianGood catch with the Tails thing! I hope to get a little more mileage out of it than they did, and go a different route.

Flashthehedgehog on March 11, 2007, 4:42:34 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogIndeed, although I think you and I are thinking along different terms. You see in this Comic I was refering to, Tails get's hypnotised by a doctor and hangs around with what he sees as the cool people. He then goes looking for trouble in a pub and it's up to Sonic to stop him. Let me know if this is the comic you're thinking of, and I'll give you a cupcake