Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 140 - Haven's Hope

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 140 - Haven's Hope

Chapter 140 - Haven's Hope
Tails flew around, back toward the reverse universe, trying to ignore just how much Ekyt’s words had stung. “Somethin’ wrong there Tails?” Anti-Sally asked. She seemed genuinely interested in him. “Not a thing. I’m looking forward to kickin’ some Robotnik butt when we get back. That goody-goody has it coming!” (Remember, in the reverse universe, Robotnik is good, and the Freedom Fighters are bad.) Anti-Sally laughed cruelly. She too was looking forward to that.

The Forbidden zone. “They sure named it right.” Ekyt muttered. He walked in, but immediately dove for cover. The Dark Legion was attacking Haven, and they seemed to be in check, for now. But there was strength in numbers. The remaining members of the Brotherhood were powerful, but older, and would get worn down. And Ekyt knew enough about Kragok to know that he wasn’t going to give in just because a few of his soldiers got hurt. That in his mind, Ekyt combat-crawled to the meeting place. “Archimedes!” BAMF! “Glad you made it kid. Hold still, and I’ll transport you.”

“So you guys are the Chaotix?” Amy said in wonder. “Uh, yeah, that’s us.” Vector said, exchanged glances with Mighty and Espio. “Not you! You, the purple guy! You’re Espio, right?” Espio nodded, but definetley didn’t like the tone of her voice. Mighty laughed good-naturedly. “It seems she has something of a crush on you Esp.” “Be quiet Mighty.” Espio shot back. Julie-Su stifled a laugh, while Vector looked annoyed at being brushed aside.


(for Reference, here’s a list of guardians and their traits)
Hawking- Dead
Locke- Alive
Sabre- Alive
Sojourner- Alive (Thinks guardians are hypocritical at times)
Spectre- Alive (Brash, arrogant)
Steppenwolf- Dead
Edmund- Dead
Thunderhawk- Alive (Loud, outspoken)
Tobor- Dead (Killed Kragok at the time)
Athair- Dead

Ekyt didn’t land in the familiar red area. He skipped that part and landed in a white area. Hawking, Steppenwolf, Edmund, Athair, and Tobor were sitting, discussing quietly. Hawking stopped them and turned toward Ekyt. “You are the liaison?” “Yes Sir.” Ekyt responded. “Good. Guardian…It seems strange to say that to a human. Never mind, right now, we need your mind more than your body. Haven must not fall.” Tobor, a great hero to the guardians, walked over and looked Ekyt over. “Human…hmmm, interesting choice Athair. Perhaps he can help us…”

After some discussion, Ekyt said what was on his mind. “Isn’t there any way for you to come back temporarily. I mean, I’ve been killed, and I keep coming back, being told that I’ve earned another life. Considering all of you are heroes, couldn’t you do the same?” Steppenwolf, the most approachable of the bunch, stroked his chin. “Perhaps he has a point. But you see (He’s speaking to Ekyt now), our flesh forms are long…gone, for want of a better word. You could always come back because of your immediate appeals. We would need a host. And they would need to be echidnas.” Ekyt cocked his head. “I can get you that. I’ll do whatever you need me to do.” Edmund, the only one of the group who was a scientist by trade, muttered “Dark Legion bodies…We need them unconscious…” Tobor shook his head. “Two things are wrong here. How do we know we can trust this kid, and you all know we would be tempted to stay in our flesh forms.” Ekyt stepped in front of Tobor. “I respect all of you. I would fight to the last in Haven, if that’s what you need me to do.” The group of echidnas exchanged glances. “That is what we need. Haven cannot fall.” Hawking said. Athair moved Ekyt away from the group.

“Tell me, how is Knuckles taking this? Why didn’t he come?” Athair asked. Ekyt knew something was up since Athair never talked this much, or showed any emotional attachment. “He doesn’t know Athair. The others thought he would be involved too emotionally.” Athair nodded slowly. “I see. And answer me this: Why did you want to be a guardian?” Ekyt smiled at the thought. “There’s so much wrong Athair…And if there’s one more person to help correct it, all the better.” “There’s lots of good in the world too.” Thinking of the Knothole group, and Linda-Su, Ekyt agreed. “There is. But you have to look hard enough to find it.” Athair looked worried. “Haven will still stand Athair. I give you my word.”

NEXT ISSUE: THE LIVING MEMBERS OF THE BROTHERHOOD SOUND OFF! THE OSS AND CHAOTIX MEET THEIR FIRST NEMESIS! AND SONIC HAS TO TALK TAILS DOWN!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 18, 2007, 1:24:12 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME! Nice chapter NG ^^