Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 141 - Give It Your All

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 141 - Give It Your All

Chapter 141 - Give It Your All
(for Reference, here’s a list of guardians and their traits)
Hawking- Dead
Locke- Alive
Sabre- Alive
Sojourner- Alive (Thinks guardians are hypocritical at times)
Spectre- Alive (Brash, arrogant)
Steppenwolf- Dead
Edmund- Dead
Thunderhawk- Alive (Loud, outspoken)
Tobor- Dead (Killed Kragok at the time)
Athair- Dead

The Dark Legion battled into Haven. Locke, Sabre, Sojourner, Thunderhawd, and Spectre were fighting, trying to force the enemy back, all the while knowing that if they didn’t get help, it was futile. Help could only come in two forms, and who knew if it was quick enough.

It was decided that Tobor and Steppenwolf would be the two to fight. Ekyt was back on the floating island. He saw two soldiers lagging behind. Quietly, He grabbed one and pulled him into the bushes. Using a carotid artery hold, the echidna went unconscious quietly. Ekyt repeated the move with the other one. Before his eyes, the two former Dark Legionnaires took on the forms of Tobor and Steppenwolf. “Let me get their attention.” Ekyt whispered.

Tobor and Steppenwolf watched him crawl away. “I don’t like it.” Tobor spat. Steppenwolf looked over at him. “What don’t you like?” “A human in our ranks.” “He’s an ally, be grateful.” “I’m grateful that he’s an ally, I’m displeased that he bears the guardian’s stripe.” “Tobor, we all do what we can. If this is his calling, so be it.”

Kragok looked across at his troops. “Haven will fall within the hour! Guns or not (Haven automatically blocks outside weaponry), we have the advantage! We have the power! We…” “Have a big mouth.” Ekyt said dryly. “You again? You are like those miserable fireants, returning from the dead to foil me.” Kragok attacked. He and Ekyt wrestled, as the Dark Legion soldiers watched. This allowed Steppenwolf and Tobor to get inside. “It was a success Locke.” Tobor said tersely. “He’s outside, fighting Kragok as a distraction. Now, how can we help?” Locke nodded. “We need to protect Haven. I propose we take Hawking’s path and move it to a separate zone.” “Agreed. The seven of us should have enough power.”

Ekyt and Kragok were at a stalemate. “You can’t honestly believe that you can beat me!” Kragok exclaimed, laughing. Ekyt thought to himself : I don’t need to, I just need to hold out long enough… Kragok drew his hand back as it glowed red with energy, hitting a solid shot to Ekyt’s forehead. Ekyt flew back, hitting Mount Fate. He slid down the side until he was lying at the bottom, his head propped up. Kragok smiled down at him. Out of instict, Ekyt grabbed Kragok’s leg and rolled forward, between his legs, forcing Kragok to fall. The Dark Legion members switched their focus from Haven to him. Ekyt began to brawl with anyone in range. Suddenly the Dark Legion panicked. Eight guardians were pushing them back, two of which who were supposed to be dead. Steppenwolf and Tobor reached Ekyt. “Good work. Now, get out of here.” Tobor told him. Ekyt ignored him. “Did you hear me? I said go!” Ekyt turned to him. “No. You’ve already made your sacrifice.” Steppenwolf could admire him for that. “I think we’ve gravely misjudged you.” Ekyt started to respond, then yelled “Duck!” and dove over Steppenwolf, onto Kragok. He tore open a portal to his home dimension. Ekyt almost grabbed his robe, but missed. The Dark Legion was thrown into disarray, and they ran from it. The guardians didn’t give chase.

After, Ekyt was angry and it showed. “Tobor and I must leave. Ekyt, before I go, I want to wish you the best of luck. You’ve earned my respect.” Steppenwolf extended his hand. Ekyt didn’t take it right away. “What respect have I earned? I couldn’t stop Kragok! He’ll be back! I should have had him!” Tobor put a hand on his shoulder. “You did well. You wished to sacrifice yourself like I did to stop him? It’s not worth it.” Ekyt shook hands with both of them. “Thank you. For everything. It was an honor to fight along side you.” Ekyt said, truthfully. They disappeared. Ekyt was about to talk to Locke and the others, when Spectre aimed a finger at him. “You! Boy! Go to your girl quickly! The Chaotix need you! And we need Knuckles… Go!” “Where are they?” Ekyt asked urgently. “The Zoot Chute entrance. Go, quickly!”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on March 21, 2007, 4:06:24 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGreat tension and action NG. I always admire your action scenarios!

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 19, 2007, 2:01:45 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAwesome chapter! Nice work